Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/4/2010 1:17:00 PM

Wow, this is a bomb of a fragrance. Quite a nice realistic rose, and it has crazy tenacity considering it is an EDT. I have EDPs that do not last as long. I love rose fragrances, but I am not entirely sure I'd like to wear this...it's a bit too much rose all at once. Fab as a bedroom spray, though. It's really cheap so I would definitely repurchase it. I would like to try layering this with other scents, as well.

on 11/16/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is another good rose fragrance that I own. I bought a huge bottle from drugstore.com recently for $12, I believe. I used to own a teeny, little bottle of this when I was a teenager, and I kept it for a long, long time until it started to smell a bit off. Unlike the Woods of Windsor True Rose, which is a light, sweet rose, Tea Rose is a stronger, heavier scent, not sweet, definitely with a green, woody undertone. I agree with many reviewers. This one is definitely potent. Do not spray this directly on yourself. I spritz into the air and walk through the mist. Otherwise, it overwhelms me, the wearer. I am actually curious as to how this would smell layered with the other rose scent. The best way to try this, I suppose, is to put both on cotton balls and dab on my skin.

on 8/22/2009 12:23:00 AM

Honestly, given all the reviews I've read about this, I expected a crazy powerhouse of roses that would suffocate me the moment it was sprayed. I suppose it can if you over spray. I stick to one or two with it since I'm not sure if everyone likes the pure smell of roses. And pure smell of rose this is! I'm happy to say that this is a green fresh rose and not artificial smelling like some other rose scents I've come upon. It does get slightly sharp on my skin a few moments after spraying on, but it also softens down to to something that's actually more tame. It might just be my skin's ability to eat up a fragrance, but it actually doesn't stick around as much as my other perfumes do. It fades after three hours (or maybe I just don't notice it anymore). In any case, it'll make a good layering fragrance as wearing it alone can be kind of boring. It's also dirt cheap, so its quite a buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's really cheap, but smells like a grandmother who knits woolly things, or a romantic and underpaid governess. However, I'm underpaid, sometimes I knit, and sometimes I'm romantic, and would like a cheap perfume that smells like wet roses.

Popular Fragrances