Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.8

I really wanted to like this...I really like rose. But theres an aftertaste-like scent that lingers after the rose that just smells musty to me, like an old basement. So, on me it's a combination of a top note of very fresh, nice rose, and a lingering musty scent that I don't like... it wasn't very expensive so I can deal with it, I wish it smelled more rosey on me. It does smell better in the bottle than on my skin.

this smells exactly like roses at a flower shop with the greens and puddling. i plan to layer it with a few things i have that i wish were a bit more rose infused

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I normally love the smell of roses- especially a soft dew-drenched rose right from the garden. Unfortunately, Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose has a very negative connotation for me. My first year of dorm life in college was punctuated by the scent of a girl who, in lieu of regular bathing, doused herself in this stuff. The sickly sweet smell of roses and B.O. lingered, and lingered...Ugh. She was a nice girl, but this is how perfume gets a bad repuatation- when used in place of good hygiene! I couldn't wear any rose scent for years after because all I could think of was Tea Rose and B.O. I have my faves for rose scent (YSL Paris, Avon's d/c Roses Roses)- Tea Rose will never be in my rotation, however.

I randomly bought a giant bottle of this at TJ's for $9.99. It turned out to be a wonderful decision, as I have found that when layered with Stella, it somehow acts as a fixative and helps it to last all day.
One hour before you leave the house: apply one spray of Tea Rose to the neck/chest (from a distance, now!) with a closer spray of Stella over it, and an additional spray of Stella on the wrist, and you will be Good.To.Go. At least 8 hours of awesome.

Tea Rose is a nostalgic scent for me-reminds me of high school and my first love, who loved to smell it on me. To me it smells like roses in full bloom on a warm, rainy spring day. It actually also reminds me of a rose bush that grew in my great aunt's garden-the roses were huge and a beautiful shade of bright, bubblegum pink. You could smell them just by standing near the bush! Some people have said it is too strong, but ANY scent can be too strong-it all depends on how much you put on and your personal body chemistry. I don't think it's an "old" scent at all-probably because I associate it with being a teenager and in love for the first time, I guess. For me it's a "pick me up" scent-one I wear on a dreary or not-so-good day to give me that warm, "in love" walking on air feeling. Over all I love it and hey-you can't beat the price!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you like the sweet, clean, smell of fresh roses, this is definitely something to try. Incredibly reasonably priced too. It's simply pure fresh rose. And romance (does that sound cliche?). Although, not everyone's cup of tea, apparently, from the reviews i've read here. Oddly, it does not remind me of a "Nana" scent, probably because a young, hip, friend of mine ranked this as her favourite perfume, thus shall always remind me of her. I like it, great to wear for spring/summer, long-lasting, and inoffensive. This is the best quality rose perfume i've ever tried.

on 8/29/2006 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My husband remembered me wearing this a number of years ago, and bought it as a gift. Now I enjoy it more as a layer with other rose based perfumes. A bit boring on its own for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this. It does indeed smell like roses....like a rose bouquet, not a single rose. It is sort of a heavy rose fragrance, so don't apply too much at once. This is the type of fragrance that you never forget the scent of. Very memorable.

on 7/16/2005 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My mom wears this. I think it really does smell like roses. I do not like rose smells myself, but I think this does smell authentic and not too overpowering.

Popular Fragrances