Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
 Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.5

I really wanted to like this...I really like rose. But theres an aftertaste-like scent that lingers after the rose that just smells musty to me, like an old basement. So, on me it's a combination of a top note of very fresh, nice rose, and a lingering musty scent that I don't like... it wasn't very expensive so I can deal with it, I wish it smelled more rosey on me. It does smell better in the bottle than on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have kept a bottle of this on hand for probably 20 years. This is a true, fresh, bright, clean tea rose scent. There are no musky or spicy or "dirty" undertones. This is the smell of pure tea rose and nothing else. If you are crazy about the smell of roses- which I am- then you'll love this fragrance. And I find that this mixes nicely with other scents since it only smells like roses- I can spritz a little of this on after I have used Coty Wild Musk or other scented products and it almost seems to make anything smell even better. Yes, this does have a rep for being loved by sweet old ladies. But the key word there is sweet.

on 11/16/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is another good rose fragrance that I own. I bought a huge bottle from drugstore.com recently for $12, I believe. I used to own a teeny, little bottle of this when I was a teenager, and I kept it for a long, long time until it started to smell a bit off. Unlike the Woods of Windsor True Rose, which is a light, sweet rose, Tea Rose is a stronger, heavier scent, not sweet, definitely with a green, woody undertone. I agree with many reviewers. This one is definitely potent. Do not spray this directly on yourself. I spritz into the air and walk through the mist. Otherwise, it overwhelms me, the wearer. I am actually curious as to how this would smell layered with the other rose scent. The best way to try this, I suppose, is to put both on cotton balls and dab on my skin.

this smells exactly like roses at a flower shop with the greens and puddling. i plan to layer it with a few things i have that i wish were a bit more rose infused

Popular Fragrances