Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.5

on 7/20/2013 11:09:00 PM

Tea Rose was signature for my Aunt Janis from its intro in the early '70's. She was a little lady who once stopped a bar fight between two men by whacking one over the head, so when I wear this perfume, I always smile and remember her with much love and respect. I like to wear Tea Rose at night, and often spray my sheets and blankets with it. It is comforting because it reminds me of growing up around flower gardens and woods. It smells like the spring months. If you want a true red rose, this little classic does a good job of recreating that smell.

on 11/14/2008 9:25:00 PM

this is the best redemption of a true rose that i have ever used and it smells heavenly.it does not smell fake or artificail in any way. i love this beautiful scent.

on 8/29/2006 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My husband remembered me wearing this a number of years ago, and bought it as a gift. Now I enjoy it more as a layer with other rose based perfumes. A bit boring on its own for me.

I myself would not wear this; but it is a scent that I associate with my mother who used to drown herself in it. Big red, droopy, half rotting roses that lay across a corpse in a casket - that's what this Tea Rose reminds me of.
Funeral parlour flowers. Flowers for the dead. Too sweet, too close, too much.
Almost makes you ill to be around them but you lean in for more, you bury your nose in them because they're so damn beautiful.

Ah mom. I miss you so!

continued >>

on 12/8/2005 1:57:00 PM

Sometimes one just feels like smelling like a freshly picked bouquet of roses! Try it on a rainy, dreary day. This takes me way back to high school. It is one intense soliflore, but you wont find anything smelling so authentically like roses for the price. Just remember a little goes a long way. Ill always have a soft spot for this little gem.

on 8/21/2005 2:22:00 PM

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This perfume is gross no wonder it is so cheap. I will be using it in my toilet room as a refreshner, this is more like a toilet refreshner than a perfume. Enough said.

on 6/20/2005 11:11:00 PM

I bought this for $14.99 at Burlington. It smells like plastic roses if plastic roses had a smell. This is not a scent for me. Also, it screams old age.

on 6/10/2004 12:42:00 AM

This was an impulse buy from Marshall's. For only $9.99, I could afford to give this away if I hated it. But as it turns out, I really do like this for what it is. I would not wear this every day, and it is very literal and one note. But if I had been an adult in the 70's I think I would have worn this often because I did not like Charlie, and the other woody adehydes popular then. When I want roses, this fits the bill, and it does represent itself accurately, which is more than I can say for some other perfumes today. Also, sometimes I pick a perfume apart and one note ruins it for me, but this is just rose, and how can a person not like rose? Like the other posters say, use lightly, because this is potent. Coworkers are fabulous fragrance ruiners, aren't they? I had a room mate once whose perfume everyone hated, and we just waited for her to run out of it, because her dad had bought it for her and it made her feel special. We did not want to rain on her parade.

Popular Fragrances