Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.9

on 7/20/2013 11:09:00 PM

Tea Rose was signature for my Aunt Janis from its intro in the early '70's. She was a little lady who once stopped a bar fight between two men by whacking one over the head, so when I wear this perfume, I always smile and remember her with much love and respect. I like to wear Tea Rose at night, and often spray my sheets and blankets with it. It is comforting because it reminds me of growing up around flower gardens and woods. It smells like the spring months. If you want a true red rose, this little classic does a good job of recreating that smell.

on 11/14/2008 9:25:00 PM

this is the best redemption of a true rose that i have ever used and it smells heavenly.it does not smell fake or artificail in any way. i love this beautiful scent.

on 6/14/2008 11:34:00 AM

If you are looking for a good rose scent your search comes to an end with Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. There is nothing subtle or soft about this. Theres no way you can mistake this for anything but a rose scent. The Perfumers Workshop Tea rose as a hit you over the head rose scent. It's like being in front of an elevator with the doors suddenly coming open and dark, red roses start coming out in an avalanch burying you beneath them. Also, have you seen in old timey movies where someone will slap another person in the face with a few roses? This scent is like a scene from one of those moives only you are not getting slapped in the face by just a few roses. You are getting walloped in the face by about five dozen roses. Sometimes, though, i like to think of a small victorian powder room decorated with rose motifs and there are tiny little, ornately carved pink rose soaps everywhere lying in a 24 carat rose shaped bowl. Other notes in the fragrance do not confuse the authenticity of the rose.

on 12/8/2005 1:57:00 PM

Sometimes one just feels like smelling like a freshly picked bouquet of roses! Try it on a rainy, dreary day. This takes me way back to high school. It is one intense soliflore, but you wont find anything smelling so authentically like roses for the price. Just remember a little goes a long way. Ill always have a soft spot for this little gem.

on 8/21/2005 2:22:00 PM

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This perfume is gross no wonder it is so cheap. I will be using it in my toilet room as a refreshner, this is more like a toilet refreshner than a perfume. Enough said.

on 6/10/2004 12:42:00 AM

This was an impulse buy from Marshall's. For only $9.99, I could afford to give this away if I hated it. But as it turns out, I really do like this for what it is. I would not wear this every day, and it is very literal and one note. But if I had been an adult in the 70's I think I would have worn this often because I did not like Charlie, and the other woody adehydes popular then. When I want roses, this fits the bill, and it does represent itself accurately, which is more than I can say for some other perfumes today. Also, sometimes I pick a perfume apart and one note ruins it for me, but this is just rose, and how can a person not like rose? Like the other posters say, use lightly, because this is potent. Coworkers are fabulous fragrance ruiners, aren't they? I had a room mate once whose perfume everyone hated, and we just waited for her to run out of it, because her dad had bought it for her and it made her feel special. We did not want to rain on her parade.

on 12/12/2003 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tea Rose used to be my signature fragrance. I wore it every day for three or four years before I actually discovered the existence of scents other than this one. I vividly recall that the day I stopped wearing it was the day I overheard a co-worker asking where the strong rose "stench" was coming from. I told her rather sheepishly that it may have been my Tea Rose, and she asked if I'd been bathing in it! Since I'd never spray more than two spritzes when applying it, I realized it was just too strong to wear. I do think it's a lovely scent, but now whenever I sniff it, it causes an instant headache and actually makes me feel a bit dizzy. Love it in the bottle - hate it on myself. On that note, I do have a gorgeous Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose candle shaped like a delicate rose that I can never burn because I know it will make me ill! Gorgeous to look at, though.

Popular Fragrances