Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.8

I bought this after reading reviews and may I say it is the only GREAT blind buy that I have ever made . This is a work of art , a timeless womanly scent and very balanced. Many years ago it was a pricey product , but it is not a pittance that smells EXPENSIVE. If you like roses, you can't go wrong .

Tea Rose has light sillage, meaning those sitting near you might get a slight whiff , but it is delicate and not an in your face frag like Opium or Addict .I think it would elicit compliments, but not annoy those who detest perfume. I would feel safe wearing it near those people who whine about being sensitive to perfume .It has perfect sillage and also is LASTING .

May I suggest buying it for a friend or loved one as a gift ? I bought one for me , and one for another friend who is in the hospital now . It is a classy fragrance that would appeal to a broad spectrum of women.

Finally , since I am writing about classic fragrances that are fantastic values , I might add that another two that are equally beautiful are Tojours Moi , and Fancy Love ( Jessica Simpson ). I have purchased many bottles of Diors, Guerlains , and Chanels, but can assure the readers that these fragrances are as lovely as the most expensive potions that have ever been created , and also have been praised by perfumers as outstanding fragrances .

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I too have memories attached to ts scent, so my review is colored by that a bit. I do love all rose scents however, and this one does not dissapoint! This is a clean, soapy rose on me. I never fail to get compliments on how "nice" I smell when wearing this. This reminds me of "Rose Milk" lotion from the 70's. I spent a short time in the states as a child and loved that lotion...this fragrance comes pretty close to that. Simple, clean and pretty. The price is perfect and the huge size allows me to occasionally just scent the air when I am feeling nostalgic. While I love niche fragrances, I think it's good to have a few "feel good" fragrances around too!

on 11/18/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

This is the truest rose scent available on the market today, and for an incredibly reasonable price. I wear it every day and always get compliments.

on 7/20/2013 11:09:00 PM

Tea Rose was signature for my Aunt Janis from its intro in the early '70's. She was a little lady who once stopped a bar fight between two men by whacking one over the head, so when I wear this perfume, I always smile and remember her with much love and respect. I like to wear Tea Rose at night, and often spray my sheets and blankets with it. It is comforting because it reminds me of growing up around flower gardens and woods. It smells like the spring months. If you want a true red rose, this little classic does a good job of recreating that smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nicole Kidman wears this.
Princess Diana reportedly wore this.

Tea Rose by The Perfumer's Workshop is a real classic. I am extremely delighted to be able to find a bottle in Singapore. 56ml retails for S$9.90 and 125 ml for S$14.50.

Initially, I wasn't used to Tea Rose and it probably wasn't used to me. It smelt like a strong, old, and even dusty rose. There was a strange rubbery note to it. It lasted barely four hours on me and turned mildly sour. I was devastated.

Then, one week later I accompanied my friend to get her bottle of Tea Rose. She spritzed it on and I smelt how wonderfully pink it was. A bouquet of giant pink tea roses in full bloom. From then on, my nose seemed to have cleared and tea rose smelt fantastic on me. Tea roses blooming with a mild bitter edge to it, perhaps the reason why it's called tea rose (tea is bitter?). I have a notion that this smells better in colder climates.

I am happily spraying this almost everyday now as it is simply so gorgeous. When longevity fails me, I'd layer it with Crabtree&Evelyn's rosewater lotion to keep it going for 8-9 hours.

Highly recommend. It's most likely not made of real rose oil but hey, it has achieved such a realistic rose note that even pricier fragrances fail at. If you like roses, you must get this.

on 3/17/2013 3:41:00 PM

Forget all the chi-chi, absurdly over-priced rose niche perfumes. If you want to smell like a genuine tea rose this is the scent you should reach for. The most important thing is ONE spritz between your boobs is all you need. Seriously. That will last you the rest of the day. And you're getting this from someone who likes to spray perfume on like it was air freshner. But with this any more than a small spritz is overkill and it will ruin it for you. It will be too strong, too harsh. Pretty much goes for a song online, these days. I used to wear it ages ago, and I wouldn't hesitate to wear it again.

My favorite classic floral scent. It's elegant, yet simple and natural-- fits me better than Grand Compositions like Chanel No 5, Fracas, or Joy. Yep, it's just rose and nothing but. However, the quality of the rose is absolutely perfect, velvety, fresh with dew and greenery-- avoiding the cloying sweetness common to rose scents. Rose oil is used as an antidepressant in aromatherapy, so no surprise that I gravitate to Tea Rose on rainy or difficult days. When applied with proper restraint, this scent gets loads of compliments. I feel pretty... oh so pretty...

But a word about applying with proper restraint. To give you some idea of how strong and concentrated this is, I applied 2 sprays to my chest before bed one night, and the scent of roses lingers in the air and on the sheets a week later. As an experiment, I tried applying the strongest perfumes I own before bed each night this week-- Ciara, Youth-Dew, Eternity and Knowing. Each of them was no match for the trace residue of Tea Rose on my sheets. I couldn't even smell the Yourh-Dew I had applied to both wrists! This stuff is FIERCE!

on 10/24/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow! I cannot believe this single note scent. It is honey sweet and lush like a bouquet of deep dark pink roses if that makes any sense!
Most roses (havent tried Rosines line) turn sour or make my nose 'peppery' and irritated. These include Stella McCartney Stella, Paul Smith Rose, Mille et Une Roses.

I think Tea Rose is reminding me of Jo Malone's Red Roses in its sweetness and freshness. I think Rose scents are a matter of taste and to me it is important that the scent is sweet, deep and singular rather than have amber, peonies, citrus added to it.

The bottle i have is the 120ml one and i guess this will last very long as 2 sprays is more than enough. It cost me only 9.99.

Another rose scent i like where the addition of amber is an exception is Stella McCartney Stella Absolute. I have tried this on paper and am yet to test on my skin.

Update 26/10/10:

Still in love with Tea Rose and i think i am immuned to the smell as i am not getting get wafts of this and can only smell it if i press my nose on my skin (and it is there since 8am and now it is 4.20pm). I am wondering how other reviewers mention the large sillage and whether my bottle has a weaker juice? This reminds me of the dry down of TBS Tea Rose perfume oil. Except i cannot wait for the dry down with TBS's one as the initial phase is too sharp and green for my liking.

on 11/14/2008 9:25:00 PM

this is the best redemption of a true rose that i have ever used and it smells heavenly.it does not smell fake or artificail in any way. i love this beautiful scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the loveliest soliflore rose scent I've encountered. I don't quite understand the comments that this is "strong" or even "rotting," since to me it smells like a fresh dewy rose, greens and all, after a cool rain. (It does to rose what Marc Jacobs does to gardenia: it gives the effect of a freshly picked blossom floating on water). Tea Rose was a favorite of mine in high school, in the '80s; it "matched" my vintage sensibilities, with the lace stockings and rhinestone pins and red lipstick and pearls. I still have those sensibilities, and I still wear Tea Rose sometimes. It is ultra-feminine and very retro. (I've noticed it tends to be favored by elderly women, but I like elderly women, and I think this is a timeless scent appropriate for all.) The expression "comes out smelling like a rose" was made for this scent. Soft, clean, uber-floral.

Popular Fragrances