Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.6

on 8/25/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like the scent; it is excellently priced and well formulated. It smells like dewey wet roses and stems. Unfortunately, every time I spray it on my skin I get a headache. I find the scent completely overwhelming. I had to scrub it off right away. I gifted this to my grandma and she is enjoying much more than I did.

on 8/22/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Strangely, I find this smells great, I will sometimes open the bottle to smell it...but I have no desire for MYSELF to smell like that. It's pretty pure rose, like fresh cut roses in a florist. Smells great. Too strong and one-note for me, though. I found this for super cheap at Marshalls, so I use it to spray rooms sometimes, or like my sink to keep it smelling fresh. A weird use for perfume, maybe, but it works. It's super strong, so even as a room spray I have to be careful not to use more than a few sprays. Dowside: packaging is meh. Why did they have to add coloring to make it look pee-colored? Weird.

on 10/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been searching several years to find a nice rose perfume at a reasonable price. This fits perfectly. It's one note, strong, pure rose scent. There's no green scent to it, which is the only downside I can think of.

I ordered it on Amazon for 10 dollars and the moment I smelled it I recalled receiving a sample of this when I was about 4 years old with my mother. As kids do, I was want to bathe in it, and my mother had to throw the bottle out to protect her nose. Always wondered what it was, but now I am sure.

My mom passed away last week and I received the perfume a couple days later. It will serve as a nice memory.

I only recommend going super light on application. It's STRONG.

on 7/20/2013 11:09:00 PM

Tea Rose was signature for my Aunt Janis from its intro in the early '70's. She was a little lady who once stopped a bar fight between two men by whacking one over the head, so when I wear this perfume, I always smile and remember her with much love and respect. I like to wear Tea Rose at night, and often spray my sheets and blankets with it. It is comforting because it reminds me of growing up around flower gardens and woods. It smells like the spring months. If you want a true red rose, this little classic does a good job of recreating that smell.

this smells exactly like roses at a flower shop with the greens and puddling. i plan to layer it with a few things i have that i wish were a bit more rose infused

on 1/22/2009 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very pretty pure rose scent. I used to wear it when I was 12-13 years old. It IS strong, and like many others, I recommend spraying it in the air and walking through the mist- that's all you need. Remarkably affordable. The only reason I stopped wearing it was because I got tired of it (I go through phases) and starting gravitating to the predictable vanilla fragrances later in my teens. The smell of roses always makes me think of elegance and beauty, I'm considering a return...

on 1/1/2007 1:04:00 AM

Yes... this smells a little bit old like an old lady someone have said but.... I Love It! It smells like a wet red roses. Something remind me of a vintage intricate layer of lace in the spring cottage.... something like that. Everytime I wear it, I always get compliments on how sophisticated it is. It just smells like something you can get addict on. Consider myself usually into something more green and citrusy so this is definitely a rare case.
Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you like the sweet, clean, smell of fresh roses, this is definitely something to try. Incredibly reasonably priced too. It's simply pure fresh rose. And romance (does that sound cliche?). Although, not everyone's cup of tea, apparently, from the reviews i've read here. Oddly, it does not remind me of a "Nana" scent, probably because a young, hip, friend of mine ranked this as her favourite perfume, thus shall always remind me of her. I like it, great to wear for spring/summer, long-lasting, and inoffensive. This is the best quality rose perfume i've ever tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

OH MY GOODNESS! Brign on the stompy rose dinosaurs!!! I just tried 2 squrits, just two squirts only and SO strong I had to wash it off twice...And I can smell the dregs two, no three days later...Goodness, it's rosy but what is in this? Indusrial Strength rose oil?!?! My-my.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this. It does indeed smell like roses....like a rose bouquet, not a single rose. It is sort of a heavy rose fragrance, so don't apply too much at once. This is the type of fragrance that you never forget the scent of. Very memorable.

Popular Fragrances