Lancome Juicy Tubes Blueberry Blast

No Image

4.4

on 3/13/2005 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this lipgloss, like most of the JT's. My compliant with these glosses is the big package. I know I get more for my money, but I can't fit the tube in my pocket :-( so I don't use this gloss that much. That said, this gloss is cool because it looks blue but goes on a deep clear. it just looks fresh and shiney. But it does get gritty after the gloss wears off. Overall, this is cool, but I don't use it enough to justify buying it again (and the tube contains so much that I feel I will never run out).

on 3/24/2004 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was inspired to buy this lipgloss by all the rave reviews it got here, and I'm not sorry I did.

The good: I have very dark lips for my coloring, so it goes on as a very shiny clear with beautiful pink-purple-light blue shifting iridescent glitter. The glitter isn't gritty at all. The smell is a very agreeable and slightly tingly spearmint, and it's neat to own a blue lipgloss that I can wear without looking ridiculous. The applicator is great for precision.

The bad: The cost of this was enough to make me wince, and it seems the unopened tube isn't as full as it could be. The glitter makes my lips peel a bit.

The ambiguous: It's sticky, which is a good thing and a bad thing at once for me- depends on what you like!

on 3/17/2004 5:14:00 PM

I bought this due to all the hype I read about it here. While I do like it, I don't reach for it very much. The smell is minty, like toothpaste. Looks cool in the tube, reads just the palest shade blue, but mostly clear, on the lips, with tiny blue sparkles. A bit too teenybopper for me. But I hang onto it as part of my JT collection.

My first Juicy Tube and definitel will not be my last! I can't believe I bought a blue l/g.. It's so pretty! It goes on clear w/ blue glitter that looks so gorgeous! Lasts so long, and its just fun to wear! I'll be enjoying this! can't wait to buy more JTs!

on 2/17/2004 6:54:00 PM

This color in the tube reminds me of a Blue Raspberry Popcicle....I love it.Blueberry Blast is a awesome sheer blue with blue/violet glitter, on its own it just kinda tones down the nude in my lips and makes them appear pinker and OH SO SHINEY, but IMHO Blueberry Blast performs best when paired with a pink lipstick, it somehow makes the pink violety...and tones it down. It also makes my lips look super wet...I love this look. This is the first JT I have ever bought from a Lancome Counter, all others I own have been part of PWP or purchaced from ebay...This one was well worth the 15.50, and I won't hesitate to repurchace.I must add that this has a minty scent, I was so hoping for a blueberry scent, but the mint is nice and not overbearing. continued >>

on 3/11/2012 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this Juicy Tube! It's blue and I was expecting it to smell like blueberries. It smells like mint with a hint of blueberry. When you put it on your lips it does not go on blue- instead it is clear with blueish and clear glitters and sparkles. I like to wear this but only if I am wearing something underneath, like a lipstick. This is VERY moisturizing and feels good on the lips though. I would repurchase. LOVE the fact that it is in a tube and you don't need to pull out a wand- which is the only thing I hate about MAC lipglasses.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

okay, so, i've read many reviews on this on here, and decided to try it.
firstly i have NO idea whatsoever why it's called 'blueberry blast'. surely not just because it's blue?! but the scent is a very strong mint, similar to spearmint. i personally really like it, and think it's quite an unusual smell for a juicy tube, but i can see how that could put you off. it also tingles on your lips.
secondly, the gloss doesn't go on blue, like the vivid blue it appears in the tube, but it has a LOT of navy blue glitter in it, with makes the gloss feel a little bit gritty, and also makes your lips look slightly purple-y, as the navy glitter contrasts the pink in your lips, which someone else mentioned before.
it's really similar to 'icy pop', but icy pop comes out blue-er on your lips, has less blue glitter, and smells a lot like bubblegum and it also tingles.
so i personally really like this juicy tube, it's very unusual and a bit special. i might even prefer it to icy pop, as the gloss isn't blue. the fact that it has more glitter, makes it iridescent, which is quite hard to achieve with lip gloss.
a possible favourite.
try it!
~

on 1/26/2008 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my second attempt at trying Juicy Tubes, I must say I just can't help but detest them.
This is a sheer blue gloss with very pretty iridescent blue sparkles. It smells like listerine! I thought this was blueberry?
It's nice to look at in the tube, but on the lips it reminds me of something I would buy at the dollar store. No lasting power, no pigment, and too much glitter. I had a Caboodles gloss called Burst that looked exactly like this -only better- on my lips.
This retails for $21 CA... what a joke!
This was given to me by a friend, would never purchase.
*Edit* I can't even bring myself to use this junk! I think I need to throw it in the garbage where it belongs!

on 8/1/2006 10:22:00 PM

it appears i am the lone dissenter. i hated this. the smell made me nauseous. maybe i was just so dissapointed because with a name like blueberry blast i was expecting a blueberry smell/taste but it's totally minty. the color was pretty (a light blue with glitter). but the smell was so horrible to me i just gave it away. DEFINETELY take a whiff or two of the product before you buy.

on 2/3/2006 4:50:00 AM

This is great. Looks like a bright blue in the tube but because it's quite sheer, and lips are pink, it comes out kind of lilac like. Pretty blue and purple sparkles, smells sort minty, tastes good. Overall I love it. I definitely recommend it - especially to people like me who like different looking glosses rather than plain boring pink-but-clear type ones..