Bourjois Effet 3-D Glossy Lipstick Orange Tonic 58

No Image

4.5

on 10/3/2005 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this lipgloss! the color's a sheer tangerine orange with gold shimmer in the tube but goes on peach on my lips. so beautiful and matches my light yellow asian skin perfectly. i use it everyday when i go out. highly recommended.
EDIT: not liking this anymore. too peachy for my skintone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love this colour. it gives my lips a lovely shimmery peach/orange sheen, and is also not terribly sticky, and stays. i like the little lip brush rather than a wand. i also bought this cheap, at about 9 USD. so, hurrah.

on 5/31/2004 9:07:00 PM

A very nice gloss! Overall as a gloss it goes on smooth and lasts for a long time,has a nice scent to it.
The color is gorgeous orange with gold sparkles in it,not too much,just a hint,makes color brighter.
I am planning to try other colors,b/c so far I am very pleased.

on 4/24/2004 12:14:00 PM

Bourjois with me is hit or miss, but with a 50% off sale... i took my chance and I'm very glad I grabbed this gloss. It lasts for hours, even with eating and smoking and drinking, doesnt have a terrible smell or taste and the color is great. This one looks Mandarin in the packaging and comes out almost as bright, with a hint of sparkle to it. I'm not a fan of glosses with so much glitter/shimmer that I look like a disco diva, this was perfect, Very citrusy and fresh for spring summer. Can be applied sparingly for a more subtile look or really goupped on for more impact. Just tie your hair back if you goup it on! While not as sticky as MAC LipGlass, it's pretty close if you apply 1/2 the bottle in one application.

on 4/7/2004 5:41:00 PM

What a perfect summer color! Sheer orange with lots of shimmer. Adds color without being opaque. Long lasting for a gloss without being thick or sticky. I love it!! Bourjois glosses are really a great buy.

I mentioned this item in my general review for the Effet 3D glosses quite some time ago, but I'll add my $.02 here as well. This is one of my favorite summer lipglosses; it's a very sheer tangerine orange shade with teeny gold glitter. My lips are very pigmented, and since this gloss is so translucent, their color peeks through the veil of orange. It's MLBOAMG (My Lips But Oranger and More Glittery). I much prefer Bourjois' lipbrush to the spongey wands found in MAC lipglasses and other lipglosses. I did take off a lipstick because I found the formula to be a little thin and runny, and I would prefer more pigment (sometimes it takes several coats before I feel like I have enough color). But it's still one of my favorites, and I've gotten many compliments while wearing this. There's a pic of Orange Tonic on my lips in my profile.

This is the hottest gloss ever!!! It looks so awesome paired with Mac walnut lipliner, under my Vincent longo lipstain in cupid's breath. The result is shiny peach lips with subtle gold glitter and shimmer. I love this gloss...not sticky at all and no gross smell:)

on 3/22/2004 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous, eyecatching shade of shimmering orange that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it! I hesitate to call it a true orange colour - it's not scary to look at and it's even less scary to wear. It wears very sheerly on my lips, with a hint of sparkle, but I'd say in the tube the colour is more of a pale orange shot through with gold shimmer, which helps tone it down a lot. Love this in the summertime!

on 10/25/2003 10:02:00 PM

I love this color! It might look too bright orange...but on my lips it looks very sheer w/tons of gold glitter. The glitter is really really fine which I like. Can you belive that this is a drugstore brand in FRANCE??

somewhat sheer, but a very nice light orange peach color with a little gold shimmer. hardly sticky at all, felt more like water on my lips, and incredible staying power. bourjois is the least sticky gloss out of my lot of MAC lipglasses, MAC lipstains, Loreal CJ, Chanel glossimers, and Stila lipglazes.