New York Color Riverside Rose 651A

Price: $

on 5/14/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this and gave it a few tries and Nope!! Not a fan....this goes on ok but it looks super chalky on me plus the color looks darker in the packaging vs how it looks when it's on me. Also it's not long wearing...it wears off fast!

on 4/8/2015 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Great blush! I bought it months ago cos it was cheap and the colour looked nice but I haven't worn it til now. I'm impressed! A very natural, pinky-brown colour that shows up nicely on my NC15 skin. It is very easy to use for a powder blush as well--super smooth application. Glad I picked this one up.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/31/2013 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is a great blush for the price! It's definitely not super pigmented and it's fairly powdery but overall I really like it. It goes on very natural and subtly. I grabbed it on a whim at target because I've wanted to try a more rosy blush and this worked out perfectly. I use it with my real techniques brushes and it just gives a very natural looking flush. My only complaint is that the packaging is so hard to get open!! I basically have to wedge my nail or something else under one edge and pry it apart. but it was like $2.79 on sale so I would still definitely re buy it if it broke or ran out.

The only reason I bought this blush is because of the good reviews on here, but I don't get it. This blush has no pigmentation, and I have very fair skin. Would not recommend this to anyone.

on 4/24/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ive worn this one for months at a time, in a row, especially in my teenage years. Its such a universal color that goes with anything and everything. Its a 100% matte pinky brown with a mauve undertone, not pigmented enough for tan + skin but shows up naturally on my NC25 yellow skin. Its not powdery at all but sort of dries up quite often. I have to go in with a harsh, stubby brush (much like the one it comes with) and scratch off a layer of the too smooth surface to reveal the soft texture underneath. Its so cheap that I don't mind wasting away the excess blush every couple of days when needed.

Although I do prefer Revlon matte in barely buff (a similar shade) much more, mainly due to the superior quality & better pigmentation; but this still gets good use. Will use it up while it lasts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this blusher!
i have bad acne and try to look for products that dont highlight the face!
So a matte blusher is perfect for this, its a great color for my nc20 fair skin, it gives a natural color and also its a great price! It lasts all day on my skin! Overall i would highly recommend it!

on 12/16/2012 8:31:00 PM

This is the first blush that I own from the drugstore that I dont mind using on a daily basis because guess what? IT DOES NOT make my acne scars/current blemishes look worse like lots of other blushes do!
It's true that the pigmentation is NOT the best, but I actually consider that a good thing because its more versatile and harder to overdo and look clownish.

The colour is a perfect balance of peach and pink, a great natural shade for my skin tone (nc20), its crazy how natural it looks, and the fact that its matte is an added bonus. As mentioned above, I have skin with lots of blemishes and matte blushes do not accentuate the pores and scars. (If I wanted to add some dimension back into my face, Id just use a bit of a highlight)

Packaging-wise, it is very cheap looking, but I paid very little for this so its no biggie. The clear cap is convenient as the colour can easily be seen,

I use this daily and it does fade a bit throughout the day (Im out for 8-12 hours on weekdays) but I can still see some colour by the time I get home.

When I pass by this blush in the makeup aisle, I always want to pick up a back-up, but I might try to find a dupe (doesnt matter if its another drugstore one or a dep. store one) because im not too happy with the ingredients in this product, but i love it nonetheless!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was very disappointed with this product. It was alright but I felt it didn't show up too well. The brush was awful but us ladies don't normally use the mini brushes within the packages. I do love NYC, don't get me wrong, but this just wasn't for me I guess. My lid broke off as well which was a bit of a bummer but ah well. It seems to work for many others though.

on 2/17/2012 12:03:00 AM

Like another reviewer said, it is the perfect peach-pink combo. Very easy to use because it is hard to over apply, but it might not be enough color for some. For my medium-fair skin, not too light but not too medium either (NC25-ish), this looks natural, non-clown like and doesn't magnify my already pink acne scars. Doesn't oxidize much either over the course of the day either. Toss the brush that comes with it and use your own favorite blush brush. Will buy again since this is my daily go-to blush and I am afraid of not being able to find it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was on sale at my local Target for 80cents! There was no way I wasn't gonna pick it up and try it for that price! It is a matte blush, a muted rosey brown color. It is chalky and the dust from it flies everywhere when you put your brush in it (btw do not use the brush that comes with it!). However for the price I paid, it is a nice, natural color for everyday and I'll continue to use it.

Popular Blush Products