The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

I love this product, the look, the smell, and especially the feel. I use this alone or mix it with another pore blurring primer. Lays under foundation beautifully and I really can't say enough good things about this product.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the hopes it would be the same as The Body Shop's discontinued vitamin c capsules, it is not the same. The product itself appears the same at first, very silicone feeling, same orange scent as well but it does not give the same results. It did not improve my skin in any way, no brightening at all, in fact my skin looked worse after a period of time using this. Going to try their glow moisturizer and hope that gives me some results. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product! It feels silky and moisturising without being oily and is a real pick-me-up on a bad skin day. I find it a good little fixer if I have a break-out.
Quite pricey for the amount that you get, but a little does go a long way (and nothing compared to some moisturisers out there that I've seen). Worth every penny though!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I don't know if it's the same as TBS Vitamin C skin reviver. But I'm writing this review for the skin reviver product. I was skeptical at first, but with just one application my skin looked smooth, flawless, the redness was gone and the complexion was even. Thank you TBS! I've always been a fan of Vitamin C!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this as part of a Boxing day tote deal with a lot of TBS ''best sellers''. I thought it was a serum and used it as such at first, but it's definitively not a serum, and more of a primer, as other reviewers said. As a primer, it's doing a good job, but nothing amazing. I also found it more on the greasy side, but it was ok under powder foundation or under a liquid foundation setted with powder. I will not buy it again but it was ok to use.

Another thing to note is that there's a lot of fragrance in this product, so if you are sensitive to fragrance, you might want to stay away from this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I consider this as a makeup item rather than a skincare item ,i use it whenever i don't want to wear foundation coz once i apply this i dont feel the need to apply foundation really . It gives my face a gorgeous glow , plumps my face , fills in pores and fine lines , makes my face looks younger and my skin looks much fresher coz it has a nice matte finish to it .. A healthy dewy matte not flat matte if you know what i mean

Pros:
- Works on its own and as primer under foundation

Cons: price

Will buy again

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love this product. I've been using it for my acne dark spots, day by day they have improved thanks to this product. I'm now considering buying the serum (just because it is more potent).

Plus it has a lovely citrus fragrance.

Only thing is that you have to wait a little bit for this product to dry, so don't touch your face in the meantime.

Will definitely purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is loaded with silicones, but that makes it a superb makeup primer - foundation and concealer goes on much smoother and invisibly, and stays put the whole day, without "settling" into lines. So while it did nothing for me in terms of actual skin "boosting", I would buy it again to be used as a makeup primer.

I bought this thinking it was a serum, but it is a primer. It feels very much of silicone, and has small flecks of shimmer (gold and orange). I think it's alright as a primer (but I think they are all pretty much the same) but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this to use as a primer, not necessarily for the skin boosting qualities and I am glad I did since this works wonders. I use it before using Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream and also Kat Von D Lockit Foundation and it is amazing! It makes my skin feel so silky and creates the perfect smooth canvas. Has not broken me out and I use it very frequently. One pump is enough to cover my entire face and neck.This retails for $27 but you can find it for as low as $16-$17 if you buy it from Ebay or take advantage of The Body Shop sales (and they always seem to have them.)