Bobbi Brown Bronzer/Blush Compact Duo [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.8

on 8/29/2009 5:02:00 PM

I got this in the Light combo on QVC last year with a nice little brush, and I think it is really the most perfect bronzer. No glitter (ew) and no orange (double ew). I use it everyday and I'm literally scraping it out of the compact because I'm a poor grad student and it's a tad expensive. Don't laugh, but my bf and I were in a wedding in Greece back in June and I bronzed his face and neck for the photogs, and everyone was raving about his tan! It's the most beautiful natural color.

I found this at a CCO and got it for a very good price. The compact is quite large and so not really ideal for carrying about, but it does come with a lovely soft brush.
I have this in the palest shade and the blush is REALLY bright, but I really like it.
It seemed hard to blend but I changed brush and it blended fine.
If I see another one at the CCO next time im up there I think I will get it!
Didn't break me out and stayed on well (even though it was so hot that I blacked out the first time I wore it!!)

on 4/14/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was fortunate to receive this as a very generous extra in a swap, and am really in love with this bronzer and blush! The bronze side is just deep enough to give a natural warmth to my skin. There's no shimmer, so this is great if you're seeking a matte finish. The blush side is nicely pigmented, and adds a soft natural pink glow to my MMM/NC42 skintone. The only complaint I have about this is that because it's a split pan, it does make it a little more difficult to use each side individually without inadvertantly combining the bronzer and the blush .. so I have to use a smaller bronzer brush. All in all though, an excellent product that I know I'll be reaching for quite often!

on 4/11/2009 12:35:00 AM

I bought it based on makeupalley reviews, tried it once and returned back to the store. I'm very confused not seeing even one low rating here. Bronzer/blush colors are too intense and don't blend well.

on 12/3/2008 9:55:00 AM

I was lucky enough to buy this at Cosmetics Company Store at $15.00 a while back. I indicated that I'd purchase this again, but honestly, I'll never have to. There's a large amount of product here, and it's highly pigmented. A single light swipe on each side is more than enough for my fair cool-toned skin. I have the Light/Pale Pink duo, and as other reviews have stated, the "Pale" pink is anything but. It's frighteningly pink in the pan, and much too vivid for me to wear as a blush alone, but when blended into the bronzer on my face, it's absolutely perfect if I'm very careful not to pick up too much product. The bronzer shows a bit warm on my face, so I'm careful to use just a single swipe, first across cheek area, then what's left goes on forehead, nose and chin. That tiny amount seems to work great, and the coolness of the blush helps to offset the warmth of the bronzer.The combo is absolutely perfect for adding some warmth and color to my face without making me look oomp-loompa orange as nearly every other bronzer does. This seems to be one of those products that Bobbi phases in and out. I'm not sure if it's available in stores, but it's currently available at HSN in these combos- Light/Pale Pink, Medium/Peony, and Deep/Apricot.

Love it. Don't hesitate, buy it. Experiment and take your time determining your perfect shade - you won't be sorry - one of my all time favs.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried lots of bronzers and no one does it as well as Bobbi! It is expensive, but it lasts a long time (unless you pile it on, but then it just looks bad.) I have fair-medium skin and I get the Medium color. I started with Light and found myself applying too much to make myself look more tan, but with Medium I just use a normal amount and get a great, natural looking bronzed look. I also love that it has no sparkles (I have oily skin so that just makes it look worse for me) and isn't orange-y, just a beautiful tan color. As for the blush, I love the color, but I reccommend MAC's Pink Swoon, it's the exact same color, much cheaper and comes in a bigger compact.

on 6/25/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this compact! It gives such a healthy glow, I look refreshed and shimmery! I really like this after I've been in the sun. It brings out that natural pink to the cheeks.

on 11/7/2007 2:21:00 PM

I was lucky to have been able to try this, thanks to a swapper who preferred the medium shade. I have the "light" shade and absolutely love it. It makes me look healthy and fresh. Don't be scared by how the blush looks in the compact (very pink and bright), because it goes on beautifully, like magic, to give you a subtle glow. The bronzer is so natural looking, too. There is absolutely no shimmer in this product, just the way I like it.

on 9/24/2007 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is GORGEOUS. the most natural looking bronzer i've ever tried. i got the lighter one w/ the pale pink blush. and the pink blush makes my cheeks look glowy even tho it's matte. i really wanted the blush on the darker version...looked like a vibrant pretty peach but figured it'd be a waste of money to get the palette just for the blush since the darker bronzer i'm pretty sure would be too much for my nc25 skin. great quality. too bad this is discontinued. i got this at the CCO for $24. awesome stuff. i might get a backup.

Popular Bronzers