O'Keeffe's Working Hands

O'Keeffe's Working Hands
O'Keeffe's Working HandsO'Keeffe's Working Hands

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Ammonium Stearate, Ammonium Borate, Dimethicone, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Paraffin Wax, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Allantoin, Octyldodectl Stearate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

on 3/3/2018 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Doesn't do a darn thing for me or my dry hands. My boyfriend swears by it, but I have better luck pooring kitchen oil on my hands than this. It is ths driest emollient I have ever tried using. I'm glad it is so helpful to others, but something about it and me so not mix. My winter hands just get no relief with this, no matter how many times I have tried. I guess I just need more greasy, ointment type moisturizers for my cracked, rough winter hands. :(

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Body Skin Type: Dry, Sensitive

Packaging: There are 2 options, which is nice. You can choose between a tub or a tube. I find tubs unhygienic so I chose the squeeze tube version.

Price: I got this for about $6.50 for 3oz at Target. For a drugstore hand cream it is on the pricier side.

This is a pretty thick hand cream, yet it doesn't really provide any moisture. It's not greasy, but it does leave a waxy feeling to the skin. I think it just coats the skin and stays there; it doesn't sink in. I suppose it does offer a protective layer against the elements, like harsh wind. The ingredients aren't very impressive, it's basically silicone and mineral oil; as well as a bunch of chemicals and things that are impossible to pronounce. It is fragrance free, which is good at least.

Overall, there's nothing special about this cream; it's average, at best. I do not plan on repurchasing.

on 11/22/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I’ve used this on my hands for years now, and in the winter months it works well. It’s nothing special- in that there is no scent, and the packaging is very basic, but it works. My hands stay soft, and free from stickiness.
I was using strive tin hand cream, but I found this works as well and at a fraction of the cost !
In my quest to find a good face moisturizer, I’ve resorted to using this on cold , harsh weather days . So far, I’m actually happy with its performance ! No clogged pores, no allergic reaction- just soft moisturized skin. I am still searching for an HG winter facial moisturizer, but for now, this is working.

on 9/22/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hi after looking at the ingredients on line this is a bit harsh...it does work but expensive and on eczma which i have long term exposure may cause problems. i get eczma and keynes on the ends of my fingers. A cheep and formula that works for me is "oil of ulay and vaseline" about 50/50. It is a bit greasy for a minute but works fine. Hope this helps you.

on 5/12/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Meh. It's okay I guess. White, a bit like fluffy whipped wax, in texture. For serious issues with rough hands or heels, I am more an aquaphor, lansinoh lanolin kind of person. Or cerave cream for general winter moisture. But this is less messy and doesn't require a dedicated pair of socks set aside solely for moisturizing purposes. It does melt quickly into the skin, and it is not greasy. I went through the tub pretty quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG product! I don't use that term lightly. Lifelong dry skin. My hands and feet are particularly bad This cream is unlike anything I've tried. The texture is kind of like a dry wax. I don't know how else to describe it. It actually doesn't feel that moisturizing when you first put it on. But I wake-up the next day with softer healthier looking skin. I like that it isn't very sticky or wet feeling. I can't stand to sleep with gloves on or socks and I don't have to with this. I wake-up the next morning and feel this is still on my skin. I will buy this forever and ever.

on 12/26/2016 3:50:00 PM

WOW.... I must be in the minority here. I did not like this stuff at all. I decided to give it a try since I saw the commercial for it. I have dry hands that have eczema. It's not super bad but on my thumbs, it can get really bad. They get dry and flaky and sometimes crack. When i put this stuff on, it did sting a bit. I wasn't too concerned about that since that was normal - it was stated on the package. However, this did NOTHING in terms of moisturizing or healing my hands. I have used this for over a week. I have even used it as a deep treatment under cloth gloves at night and NOTHING.

It doesn't really smell like anything, which i guess is good for people who are sensitive to scents. The consistency is strange and while it's not greasy....it does leave a strange rubbery feeling behind.

Take a look at the ingredients! It's mostly "bad" stuff!

Would not repurchase and likely will be tossing what I have left of this.

on 3/15/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is pure gold! I have a tonne of creams that don't come anywhere close to the performance of Working Hands. My god, I feel like slapping my own face for not buying it sooner!

I've had the pot for 4 days. 4. Days. I bought it for my wrinkled, dry, wizened hands but since it arrived, I dunno, it just felt right to use it on my heels, elbows, knees, hands & lips. I'm as soft as a babybunnykitten chimera!

If you suffer from dry cracked anything then try Working Hands because it's the Lord of all hand creams. It will solve all first world problems.... Involving dry skin.

on 2/17/2016 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this at the beginning of winter because my hands always dry out and crack and become chapped and itchy. This is one of my favourite hand creams. I wish I had found this sooner. It's an unscented waxy solid that is easily scooped out and melts into your skin. After a minute or two, your hands are moisturized and not terribly greasy. The feeling lasts though a handwashing or two as well. It's not the most elegant of creams, but it works really really well. I will definitely keep buying. It's about 10 dollars a jar, and while I haven't seen it in too many pharmacies, I got mine at Home Depot and have seen it at Canadian Tire.

on 2/14/2016 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

HG hand cream! I was using neutrogena Norwegian, and gold bond, and wearing gloves at night...and still my hands got so dry they would crack and bleed. Some cracks were so deep I had to superglue them closed to get them to heal! With using this 2-3 x a day, no more bleeding cracks. My hands can still get a bit dry, but wow the difference is amazing. Need to stock up!

Popular Lotions / Creams