no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

I said I wouldn't buy it again, mainly because it smudges and doesn't stay put so well if you have watery eyes or accidentally smudge it with a tissue or whatever. The colours are good, the price is really good but the smudginess (word exists?) is not good. I have other preferences but for a cheapy, pretty good. It is soft, goes on easily and therefore doesn't irritate the eyelid nor does it bother my eyes too much if some gets in them. Good product :)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

This eyeliner is incredibly AMAZING!!!!!! It's 99cents! 99 CENTS!!!! How crazy is that!?! It glides on smoothly, sharpens easily without breakage and is great as a base! I bought 10 back ups already. I haven't used it on its own, I like to use this as a base and apply liquid liner on top and set it with black eyeshadow to ensure that it stays in place all day. I apply a rather thick line of eyeliner everyday since i have monolid eyelids :( This really really works. I use the Jordana FineTip liquid liner on top and MAC's matte black eyeshadow overtop and my eyeliner stays put for over 8 hours, even after the gym. There is a little bit of smudging towards the end of the day in my innder tear duct but it easily removes with a cotton tip in a simple swipe. I've used eyeliners that cost over $3 and it doesn't do that well as a base for my eyeliner routine.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I am SHOCKINGLY impressed. I bought this for Halloween for 75¢ and it is a hugee pencil. I was shocked by how easily it glides across my eyelids. It does not deliver the darkest line, and I guess it smudges easily for some. But I have big eyes/eyelids so smudging isn't an issue, and in fact, it makes cleanup a breeze. It is currently my HG black liner because my waterproof Sephora & BM liners catch my skin, and my UD liner pot is a disaster (review to follow). I am floored by the value here. You can't beat 75¢ so I highly recommend you try it out. If nothing, keep it for Halloween makeup!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I really like this pencil liner, where i buy it, it's only 1 dollar and you cannot beat that! In my opinion it's worth way more than a buck, but it's definitely a bang for your buck because it really delivers and it's just the perfect black pencil liner !

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

6 years ago

When I first apply this eyeliner, it seems great – it applies smoothly, it looks very dark, and is easy to use. However, I noticed that it'll smudge with my eyelids and I'll get black creases on my lids when I'm not even wearing any eyeshadow. I don't even really have oily skin, so this is weird. This eyeliner fades after a few hours, so I have to reapply it. This doesn't look good after a nap, either. I've never had this problem with fading or smudging even with $3 Wet N Wild liquid eyeliner. I've also tried it for defining my eyebrows – it'll look great for a while, but even if I don't touch my face, the product wears off or fades within a couple hours. I picked it up because it was $1.25. I really wanted this to work for me, but unfortunately it smudges too much and doesn't last throughout the day. A shame, really. I wouldn't recommend this even though it only costs about a buck.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

6 years ago

I've owned two of these pencil eyeliners, each were $1. Pros: cheap, more hygienic since you sharpen the end Cons: the product breaks easily during sharpening, product doesn't deliver a strong black color when applying but need to go over a few times to see the color, the product catches on skin during application, not readily available in stores

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

6 years ago

I like the color the liner delivers but it only lasts for a short time. Application was easy and fast.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesBlue

2.0

8 years ago

Considering I only bought this for $20 HKD, it works surprisingly well... I apply it on my lower lash line and it stays on until I take it off. Obviously it wears a little bit, but I'm happy to buy it again because it works, and I like the mechanical feature. EDIT: Okay this sucks when the weather gets hotter. It is so humid here in Hong Kong and all it does is smudge...

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

9 years ago

AWFUL!!!!!!! It runs, it stings. It smears. It is by far the absolute worst liner I've ever used!!!!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBlack

EyesHazel

9 years ago

As a college student, budget beauty is kinda my thing. Overall I think this is a pretty good eyeliner, and I'm always surprised by how smoothly this product applies to my eyes. No tugging at all. My big complaint is that the eyeliner likes to run from my waterline. It stays well on skin, but otherwise it disappears quickly. A little black shadow over the eyeliner and it stays put. I've been using this eyeliner for a few years now, and I keep coming back to it because it works.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool