Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks #577 Red Sensation

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This color has not been discontinued it has been reformulated and repackaged....gosh this is pretty..on its own it is pretty opaque but it would also look great with a red underneath. I would describe this as a bronzey red? It is truly unique and worth checking out. 2.49...can't go wrong!

on 2/28/2016 9:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this when the local Giant had them on clearance and it's a pretty nice color. It's not too bright or dark and I like the way it feels on my lips. I have to touch it up every few hours, but that's ok. If I let it fade, it looks like I just have red glitter on my lips.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not discontinued coz today I bought a replacement for my old Red Sensation. This is a lovely garnet Ruby gloss with red sparklies. I think this will be lovely for the Holidays. This is certainly not opaque or scary garish red, it fades actually on me unlike any other glosses I've seen. It looks almost red-nude if I don't touch it up every so often so a kind of high maintenance gloss. The color is gorgeous though when first applied it just puzzles me if it oxidizes or something to the air. If the color stayed true it would be amazing. I need to experiment w the new Red Sensation & will add an edit at a later date.

on 6/19/2015 2:16:00 AM

This product is a great shade for dark rosy lips and shows up well, but it does fade quickly.

on 1/8/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I truly wanted to love this, since I usually like Wet n Wild's inexpensive lip products and the color is lovely! Unfortunately, the formula is awful: it smells weird, as if they were trying for some kind of sweet vanilla but failed miserably, the texture makes it feel like you're putting olive oil and pigment on your lips, and the color begins to fade by about fifteen minutes of wear time. Pay a few more dollars and find a better gloss!

I love this gloss from what I was told its a different color from the old red sensation. I never tried the old one this is my first time purchasing it in the month of November 2012! And I'm in love its such a beautiful pigmented color a red/copper/fire color...keeps my dry lips very moisturized.. As far as staying power I couldn't answer that because I have a bad habit of applying lip gloss every 10-15 minutes lol..the Walmart I went to only had 1 left so I'm gonna go to Walgreens and stock up..

This lip gloss is so pigmented, it's like a melted lipstick in a tube. :D I love it so much, however on my skin it's a little too much, so I tone it down with a bit of Vaseline. I also add the chocolate vanilla lip gloss I made with this to add a bit of warmth, since I feel it's a bit too cool for me. However, this is one amazing, awesome, lip gloss. It's very creamy and a bit slick when you put it on at first, but not very slick to the point it feels slimy and slides off your lips.
It smells like cotton candy.

on 12/11/2011 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I just deleted my original review of this because WnW reformulated this since then; it used to be sheer and slippery but now it's full-bodied and pigmented. This is such a lovely Christmas & Valentines red!!! And I buy it every year to add to gift baskets and the like for my girlfriends. It's so pigmented with a stunning shimmer (love to look at the tube in the sun), it lasts, and it's a great neutral red - doesn't turn fuchsia on me nor is it too warm. I buy handfuls of this shade when WnW goes on sale and sock 'em away for holidays, and everyone loves to receive one. Go buy one for yourself - $1.99!

A very garnet shade. I agree with other positive reviews, these are as good as MAC l/g, but I scooped up 5 for .69 each, so waaay at the other end of the price spectrum. Of course, if I wasn't happy with the colors and performance, I would still return them (heart you Walgreen's). This is a great gloss. It is very true to the color in the tube and it's a nice option to have when I have so many sheer pinks and pale browns in l/g.

on 9/25/2010 2:54:00 PM

On my NW20 skin this gloss looks EXACTLY like it does in the tube. And it looks goooood! Someone else commented on low color pigmentation...nothing but glitter and shine. Again, I say...it looks goooood! I have tons of color with the shine adding dimension to the color. This gloss rivals the color aspects of MAC glosses (very multi-dimensional). Yes, the smell is very distracting (that is why only 4 lippies), but this is a nice little thing to have around. Especially with the holiday season approaching. It is a beautiful cranberry red with gold sparkle that rocks. I mentioned I am NW20, also black/brown hair, brown eyes. Oh and for $1.99 it is definitely worth a try.