Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream

Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream

3.3

Peanut Oil, Vegetable Oil, Sonojell, Tocopherol, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Carnation Oil, Beeswax, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Benzoate [Nov 2009]

on 5/5/2016 11:48:00 AM

I have oily combination skin that is prone to milia, however my under always appeared dry especially after I apply concealer. This actual works. It help keep my under eye smooth and hydrated without causing an milia. Been loving glycolic for face and now really glad the something thing for the eyes too

This is a very thick - thicker than body butter- eye cream. I've been using this at night & amazed by how well rested and smooth my under eye area looks by morning. It keeps my under eyes so well hydrated,I really don't need anything beyond my regular face moisturizer during the day. The price is hard to beat - I believe it's under $20. Mario Badescu products are all typically packaged in no frills containers to keep the cost down. I don't mind the jar this comes in, as I am using it immediately after cleansing my face at night and know my a hands are clean. Overall, I am very impressed and it think it's worth at least trying a sample for yourself.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/18/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've been using a sample packet of this eye cream for the last month or more. It's very hydrating and a little heavy, so a little goes a long way. I use it at night only and it seems to be good at hydrating the eyelid and undereye area but I still followup with a separate eye product after cleansing in the morning. This is pretty reasonably priced at $20, but I'm still on the hunt for an eye cream that wows me. Previously, I was using Boscia's enlivening amino a-g eye treatment.

on 11/15/2014 11:30:00 AM

I received a sample and purchased the full size. I was looking for a nighttime eye cream and never dreamed of using one with glycolic acid, but I like this. It is heavy and leaves my eye area smooth in the morning. It cleared up a dry patch of skin my upper eyelid too. I think it is also good since I am wearing eye makeup lately, and use eyelid primer. Seems to temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines too. It can sting a little. Will update after more use.

During the day, I use 100% pure coffee bean eye cream. I like it, its no frills and moisturizing. I've tried tons of eye creams, none are magical, I like ones that clearly help with moisture and don't interfere with makeup (if daytime use).

on 6/16/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am 50 with very sensitive skin, and a stickler for ingredients, I bought this product two months ago out of desperation after seeing the celebrities on the MB website, I was recovering from a skin infection that left the eye area damaged and wanted to revive the eye area.

As a Masque - I am using this product as a masque once a week, I would never dare leave it on my eyes over night.

I use quite a thick layer and leave it on a couple of hours then remove, it is greasy and thick, but cushions the skin very well while the glycolic gets to work. At first I could feel a bit of a tingle but now I feel nothing and I find it effective at getting rid of dead skin cells around the eye area, very gently, when the product is used in this way. In the beginning I used a minute amount as I was sure I would be allergic and was gobsmacked when I wasn't.

Like I said, I apply a thick layer under the eye and on crows feet and out to the temple, I apply another masque on the rest of my face, moisture one or firming one, then leave them two hours (that's the longest I've left it so far)... then I splash and remove the masque with tepid water, then with clean water I get a fine muslin cloth (a neals year one) I hold the eye area and very gentle take the cream off with warm water, I find this effective, gentle and inexpensive way to revive the eye area on my mature skin.

So for me this products works well as a masque for dry, recovering from damage dry skin.

Unless I find something better I will stick with this for the time being, I am not keen on the ingredients, but for the moment I have no reaction and it is doing the job very well, better than I expected and it is a reasonable price.

on 1/10/2014 5:35:00 PM

i m 28 years old
some wrinkles
this eye cream in my opinion is:
-better than eucerin q10 active anti wrinle eye cream
-better than eucerin hyauron filler
-better than skincode essentials eye cream (but not very much)
-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter than aaaaany oriflame/avon eye creams
-better than vichy liftactive retinol ha
-better than uriage peptilys eye cream(but not very much)
-better than uriage isolift eye cream(but not very much)
-better than ivatherm una
(that is the list of products that i used in the last 1.5 years, and i ve written all the positive/negative effects that i have experienced with each one)
- hydrating
-greasy

my wrinkles are smoother (way smoother) but not gone...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far on the buy this again, I would hit 'maybe'. I purchased this because I love how much glycolic acid has helped the rest of my face, so I wanted to try and eye safe cream with the same hopes.

I went into this not expecting much, and that's pretty much what I have gotten (so far).

I started using this about a month ago, and upon first glance I like the packaging. I know some don't, but I prefer my eye creams in a pot. I just ALWAYS make sure that I wash my hands before dipping my finger in the pot.
Once this is spread on, it is VERY oily. I mean, like so oily, it would still not be fully absorbed when I would wake up after sometimes 10 hours of sleep. And this persisted no matter how thoroughly I rubbed the product on.
In the a.m., I still have puffiness... I don't have wrinkles, so I can say if there is an improvement there. BUT, I can say that with the 2 months I have been using this (every other night) that my eye area does seem to look brighter.. not as shadowy and dark. Sometimes this will sting just a bit, but glycolic normally does that so that's ok.

Just a tip- DON'T GET IT IN YOUR EYE. I accidentally rubbed my eye forgetting I had it on and boy was that a mess. My vision was obscured for a few hours. Because this is so greasy, I only apply it at night.

The results are slow, but they seem to be there. I feel like the skin is lighter and tighter and my under eye concealer glides on better. I def feel that the eye area is more moisturized than it used to feel.

I'd recommend trying it, but you do have to give it some time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eye cream a few months ago. I've seen a slight improvement with my fine lines, but nothing drastic. I liked it for about a month but then I noticed small bumps forming around my eye area. I never had this problem with any other eye cream I used in the past. I stopped using it every night and the bumps appear to be fading a bit. I don't know if it's the peanut and vegetable oil in the product or the glycoloc acid that is causing small bumps. I will not purchase this product again and I'll move on.

on 6/5/2013 3:59:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about most Mario Badescu products. Some seem very logical and others are either outdated or just don't make sense for 2013. This product I'm pretty happy with. . I'm still using the sample jar, which holds a lot of product given the size. It's been about 2 weeks now and I have to say that when I don't use it I see a difference in fine lines and dryness. I rotate eye creams a lot because I get bored with checking for results and this is among the best.

It's very very emollient, much like what the other reviewers have stated. It does absorb quickly, which I like at night. I'm not afraid of getting it on my (silk satin) pillowcases. It spreads very easily and softens on contact. No stinging, burning, redness, although the 2nd night I used it a white puff appeared, but was gone the next morning. Not sure what that was.

In the morning whatever lines and wrinkles were there are completely smoothed out. When I don't use it, I see a difference. The price is considerable based on the amount of product you get. I don't like the packaging and wish it were a pump/dosage style closure to keep the product fresh and germ free. Clean hands are a must with this jar type.

on 5/2/2013 7:37:00 AM

I really loved this stuff, not sure why everyone else hates it. I think it lasts quite a while and it hydrates great. Not greasy at all! I don't think it helps with fine lines but I am pretty sure nothing can take those away. I always feel great after putting it on at night!