3.6

$8.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

Ok drugstore mascara, but I would not buy again. This tends to really clump up on my lashes, and trying to clean off the excess product from the wand shows too much is picked up on the bristles. Price is decent but I'd only pick this up again in a pinch.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

ride or die mascara. lives up to its name, although it can tend to get clumpy

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

clumps a lot. doesn't do anything in terms of length. the only good thing is that it adds volume, if you're ok with clumps.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Hg for me. I love the velvety thickness it gives my lashes.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

I just don't get the hype with this. It clumps, the brush doesn't separate, it's just a hot mess on me. It is buildable but other than that has no saving graces.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

This is a cult fave for many, as it was for me for a long time. However, I do not know if they changed the formula or my eyes changed, but when I wear this now, it smudges and flakes on me like crazy after a couple of hours. I can put this on in the morning and by lunchtime it has pretty much worn off, the remnants flaked and smudged under my eyes. Also, I do not get the volume that I used to with this, and I do not remember it clumping like this. I used this for years, was holy grail for me back in the 90's and I guess through about 15 or so years I wore this and no other mascara, but when I went back to it after all those years, it just was not the holy grail mascara that I used to love. It also itches my eyes, and I sure don't remember that! Bummer, because I used to really love this mascara, and I honestly don't know why I stopped using it. But no matter, it just does not jive well for me anymore. Sad..because it is hard to find a holy grail mascara these days....why..??!? :((

About reviewer (686 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

It gets a rep as a HG volume mascara, but I think it's over rated. Really clumpy, non voluminous, thick lashes is what you get. Besides thick and clumpy there's not much benefits.

About reviewer (519 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

4 years ago

Such a bad mascara! It smudges soo much even if I put it only on upper lashes. It gives lenght but volume not at all... The only good thing is its easily removed at the end of the day with water only. Never buying this again!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

4 years ago

I have used this on and off for years, and it used to be great- volume, length, definition, it was an all in one. But, I really think it has gone downhill in the last couple of years. I thought maybe I had gotten an old tube when I used it last year, but with a recent purchase it was the same. I have lashes of average thickness and length, they are not sparse all. With a name like "Voluminous", I guess it means you should get more volume as opposed to getting extra length, so I could see if it only gave me lots of volume and not so great on length. The problem is, I get neither volume nor length with this mascara. It looks like I just put a little color on. The formula seems dry and it flaked within a couple of hours, something it never used to do. The brush is the style I like, and the price of $5-6 is good, but that is about it. I miss the old Voluminous. Many people seem to have good results with it, and I wish I still did too. I like have a go-to product, it just makes life easier. Mascara is one of those go-to products that is getting harder and harder for me to find.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My HG mascara! I've been using this for years and never had a reason to try anything else! Makes my lashes longer and thicker. Excellent formula. Easy to remove at the end of the day. Doesnt irritate my eyes.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium