OPI Samoan Sand

OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

Beautiful, barely-there beige with a great formula. It's super easy to apply and goes on streak-free despite being a sheer, light shade. Just keep in mind, you'll need 3 coats to get anywhere near opaque and even then, you will likely be able to see the the whites of your nails faintly. It's perfect for conservative occasions when you want to look professional and understated. I just put it on knowing I have two professional interviews next week!

on 1/17/2016 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful nude color. I have medium olive hands and it compliments them beautifully. I can't say for sure but I have the feeling this is the kind of nude that will be flattering on all skin tones. Formula was great. Only complaint was that it was sheer (which I anticipated before buying) so I needed at least 3 coats to make it opaque, and even then the whites of my nails still showed up. This is a fantastic nail polish and one that I will be sure to have in my collection at all times!

To Read all 197 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I stole this nail polish from my mom because quite frankly, she wasn't using it. HAH!!!

I am a 15th century Scottish Highlander historical reenactor for quite a few months out of the year. It's one of my hobbies and also one that I love to do, but as a reenactor, you obviously cannot wear modern makeup or nail polish (or have visible piercings or tattoos). Because of this, I have a small stash of products that are 'historically friendly' that I reach for whenever I do an event.

OPI Samoan Sand is a winner for my historical stash because of its opaque, nearly nude color, and for its brush and texture. I love the color of this polish and will sometimes even wear it even if i'm not doing an event (though if I want an invisible nude, I usually go to Wet n Wild 2% Milk, but that takes about 10,000 layers to build up, and I don't have that kind of patience even in the best of times).

The color on me is a very light beige with just a tiny bit of white added. It blends into my natural nail color but still adds just a tiny bit of shine. You can just 'BARELY' tell that I'm wearing polish, and even then only if i'm not moving and you're not looking closely at my hands. I do embroidery and needlepoint at events, and sometimes people do get close and ask to see what i'm doing. If I ever got a comment on my nail polish at an event, I would stop wearing it. This has not happened with this polish.

I really do like Samoan Sand because it just looks very clean, simple and polished. I can see this color being used for something understated, like for a wedding.

OPI is not my first choice for nail polish (it is $9.99 a bottle here in California) but I do like that the brush is flat and mimics the natural shape of the nail. It really does make it easier to apply.

on 11/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Meh. I prefer OPI's Tickle My France-y for a sheer-ish nude nail polish.

This shade looked dull and unflattering on my nails and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have an olive skin tone and i find this is THE BEST nude on me! LOVE LOVE LOVE

A nice nude colour for my NC20 skin. It doesn't look muddy or make my hands look either lobster nor corpse like. It reaches opacity in three coats, though application can be a little tricky at times as it does not dry as quickly as I would like it to. It is a nice work appropriate nude to have in your collection.

on 7/14/2015 5:10:00 PM

I found this on one of my weekly trips to Nordstrom Rack (in Chicago) for $7! i almost didn't get it, as i knew it was going to be too sheer, but I thought it was a good deal and picked it up anyway.

Its a lovely neutral shade. Very complimentary for light-medium skin tones. Like someone else mentioned, once its applied it doesn't lean towards pink or peach, its straight beige.

I did have to apply 3 coats to get it opaque enough to not look streaky.But i've been searching forever for a shade like this, so i dont mind the extra coat/dry time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I keep repurchasing this color because it's that perfect for my NC30 skintone. This is my holy grail nude polish. I still wear milky pink colors by essie because I think they're feminine and dainty, but this color is seriously HG status. It's great for NC skin tones because it has that slight yellowy undertone whereas most nail polishes that are "nude" are very cool toned...Samoan Sand is a my-nail-but-better color. Applies like a dream and makes your nails look super healthy. It makes my hands look like..well, as immaculate as a mannequin's.

on 3/31/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The perfect sheer nude shade if you are fair and with olive/warmer tones. If bubble bath or Mimosas for Mr & Mrs are too pink for you go for this one. One coat and you have a sheer creamy clean fresh nude nail look which is low maintenance, suits all seasons/fashions/occasions and always looks polished and put together without really trying. Hides chips and perfect for travelling. If I can only own one polish this would be it.

This colour is a perfect, classy nude shade. A perfect mannequin hands match for my NC20 skin, this staple nude is a must for any woman. Opaque in three coats.

Popular Polishes