OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 2/7/2018 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The bottle color is a slightly warm but still neutral tan with a hint of peach.

1 coat goes on with some slight streaking. It's not too bad and is managable with some care. It does give a wash of color that looks very natural and clean but fairly sheer.

2 coats go on more milky and semi-opague and a bit deeper in color. It is a touch streaky with 2 coats. I think I prefer 1 coat as a semi-sheer.

3 coats it evens it out if needed and is more milky. I still think I prefer 1 coat to 2 or 3.

It's not the best formula to work with, but it's not the worst. I still prefer easier to work with polishes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have the gel version of this and yes, you need 3 coats but it lasts 3-4 weeks and is so elegant. I have pale skin with warm yellow & pink undertones, so it looks just like my skin. So, if you have olive or dark skin this would look even better on you - it would contrast beautifully.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ADORE this colour. It is a great, neutral nude, and it makes my hands look clean and professional, as well as having the effect of elongating my fingers. If I had to pick one polish to wear for the rest of my life, this would be it.

A good option for people who want a nude, but don't want a pink-toned nude.

The only downside is that it is rather sheer and takes two THICK coats to three thick coats to achieve ~90% opacity. Still...so worth it for me. I will never get sick of this colour.

Beautiful, barely-there beige with a great formula. It's super easy to apply and goes on streak-free despite being a sheer, light shade. Just keep in mind, you'll need 3 coats to get anywhere near opaque and even then, you will likely be able to see the the whites of your nails faintly. It's perfect for conservative occasions when you want to look professional and understated. I just put it on knowing I have two professional interviews next week!

on 1/17/2016 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a beautiful nude color. I have medium olive hands and it compliments them beautifully. I can't say for sure but I have the feeling this is the kind of nude that will be flattering on all skin tones. Formula was great. Only complaint was that it was sheer (which I anticipated before buying) so I needed at least 3 coats to make it opaque, and even then the whites of my nails still showed up. This is a fantastic nail polish and one that I will be sure to have in my collection at all times!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I stole this nail polish from my mom because quite frankly, she wasn't using it. HAH!!!

I am a 15th century Scottish Highlander historical reenactor for quite a few months out of the year. It's one of my hobbies and also one that I love to do, but as a reenactor, you obviously cannot wear modern makeup or nail polish (or have visible piercings or tattoos). Because of this, I have a small stash of products that are 'historically friendly' that I reach for whenever I do an event.

OPI Samoan Sand is a winner for my historical stash because of its opaque, nearly nude color, and for its brush and texture. I love the color of this polish and will sometimes even wear it even if i'm not doing an event (though if I want an invisible nude, I usually go to Wet n Wild 2% Milk, but that takes about 10,000 layers to build up, and I don't have that kind of patience even in the best of times).

The color on me is a very light beige with just a tiny bit of white added. It blends into my natural nail color but still adds just a tiny bit of shine. You can just 'BARELY' tell that I'm wearing polish, and even then only if i'm not moving and you're not looking closely at my hands. I do embroidery and needlepoint at events, and sometimes people do get close and ask to see what i'm doing. If I ever got a comment on my nail polish at an event, I would stop wearing it. This has not happened with this polish.

I really do like Samoan Sand because it just looks very clean, simple and polished. I can see this color being used for something understated, like for a wedding.

OPI is not my first choice for nail polish (it is $9.99 a bottle here in California) but I do like that the brush is flat and mimics the natural shape of the nail. It really does make it easier to apply.

on 11/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Meh. I prefer OPI's Tickle My France-y for a sheer-ish nude nail polish.

This shade looked dull and unflattering on my nails and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have an olive skin tone and i find this is THE BEST nude on me! LOVE LOVE LOVE

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A nice nude colour for my NC20 skin. It doesn't look muddy or make my hands look either lobster nor corpse like. It reaches opacity in three coats, though application can be a little tricky at times as it does not dry as quickly as I would like it to. It is a nice work appropriate nude to have in your collection.

on 7/14/2015 5:10:00 PM

I found this on one of my weekly trips to Nordstrom Rack (in Chicago) for $7! i almost didn't get it, as i knew it was going to be too sheer, but I thought it was a good deal and picked it up anyway.

Its a lovely neutral shade. Very complimentary for light-medium skin tones. Like someone else mentioned, once its applied it doesn't lean towards pink or peach, its straight beige.

I did have to apply 3 coats to get it opaque enough to not look streaky.But i've been searching forever for a shade like this, so i dont mind the extra coat/dry time.

Popular Polishes