3.6

price range

Reviews

2.0

7 years ago

I sampled this at a store just for the hell of it. If you sniffed this without any indication of the fragrance's name, the word thunderstorm would never come to mind. There is nothing wet, earthy or humid about it. It smells like a generic men's cologne (though not too masculine that a woman couldn't wear it), and it did last quite a while. Unfortunately, this just doesn't live up to its name.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

7 years ago

this is the first product I have tried from Demeter and I am amazed with the scent. Not that I'd know how thunderstorm should smell but this smells like wet moss and earth during and after a thunderstorm, dark and murky, and I can totally relate to it. It reminds me of an ex that used to have a bit similar scent and I still remember it today after more than 10 years. I love masculine scents and I look forward to test other two Demeters I got in a swap, I only wish this little splash came with a spray nozzle, not just a regular bottle opening. No idea if I'd buy but I'd certainly swap or buy a mini splash if I could find it. I use too many scents at once.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

1.0

7 years ago

Dear god why?????? The worst one ever. So stupid of me thinking it might be the special capture of the rain or after storm, just yuck. like dirt, but you know what? it's worse! Scurb my hand like crazy and it still stuck on my hand- weak staying power??- i wish!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Holy cats, how did demeter capture the scent of wet asphalt?! This is a crazy- weird scent, it really does smell like being in the city during a rainstorm! Personally, I do not like to wear it, but use it as a room spray instead, especially when storms are in the forecast. If you want to try a scent that is truly unique and wayyy off the beaten path, you may want to try this. Hint- I bought it at a perfume discount place for $5!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

3.0

8 years ago

I will buy a million of these fragrances in the future...just not this particular scent. This is very interesting...it's very sharp and leathery and greenish. I do like it, although it's a bit overwhelming at times. Does it smell like a storm is in the air? Not really. But it definitely is interesting. It's hit or miss with some of these scents. Some are absolutely divine, others are cloying awful!

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Thunderstorm is remarkable because it really captures the smells of a thunderstorm, from humidity to wet asphalt, wet leaves, and dirt. This is a strong fragrance that lingers for a long time. I appreciate the concept behind this fragrance and I'm occasionally in the mood to wear it, but more often I spray on some Greenhouse when the weather looks like it's going to be rainy.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

1.0

9 years ago

Ok so this is my first fragrance review. Please bear with me. I am in a hunt for THE fragrance and I figure Demeter library is the perfect place to start! Now, to Thunderstorm... I find this to be a very masculine scent. It is very "in your face" bold! Nothing special to it though. To me, it is just you average men's fragrance. I grew up around men who wore expensive scents that smelled like this so for me, Thunderstorm is not special. It smells like Firefly on crack! It has this spiciness to it that I am familiar with in scents but I can't place my finger on it. Perhaps some deep spicy wood/bark? I find this spiciness is what separates Thunderstorm from Firefly. True to its name, it is stronger and more aggressive than Firefly and it lasts very long. Over 36 hours on me.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

from

9 years ago

I don't think I'd want to smell like this but it's an interesting scent. It makes me think of "after a thunderstorm", very earthy. I don't love it but I do think it's very interesting and does convey a summer thunderstorm to some extent.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

from

9 years ago

Thunderstorm is...interesting, on one hand, a very alluring scent, sweet wet earth and leaves, but its also masculine, the dry down being chalky and colognish. I spent alot of my life around thunderstorms and hurricanes and this scent captures about half of the aftermath and very little of the electricity of a storm. So if your looking for a mood setter, I may recommed this, but If your looking for a fresher more electric scent, this probably isn't for you.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

9 years ago

Wet green dirt and a hot note like red pepper or white pepper. Could pass for wet, muddy grass and that scent of warm concrete just getting hit with first rain. Interesting. Really lasts, too, amazing longevity. Not sure I'll wear it as a perfume, but then again, Demeter is more about mood and scene than fragrant ornament

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age36-43