Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours [DISCONTINUED]

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 8/11/2013 10:58:00 AM

Simply divine!!! Smells like candied lavender on me! This is one of my favorite fragrances ever. Just amazing!!!

on 6/15/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sadly discontinued but worth searching out. Lavande Velours is my all time favorite of the Aqua Allegoria series. The scent is a surprising combination of lavender and violets accented with iris, wood, and sandalwood. The effect is cool and clean, like a pastel silk ribbon around a long, lightly powdered neck. It starts off strongly lavender: sweet, high altitude French stuff, which quickly dovetails into powdery sweet violet. Iris and woody notes add to the powdery/cool effect but the main part of the scent is an airy blend of lavender and violets. As the scent progresses, the violet becomes more dominant, although it always seems to retain a kind of lavender like expansive freshness. It's a delightful, novel, and long lasting take on lavender and a favorite for me right along with Caron Pour Un Homme.

on 2/16/2011 5:56:00 PM

This is very nice and unique. I think the notes are simple for the most part. The predominant scent of this is lavender of course, but I can also detect just a whiff of violets, too. I'm bad at describing fragrances, but this is nice. Very clean yet elegant. I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most elegant refind lavendel-scents I've tried. Powdery & yum. calmingly sensual.

on 6/28/2010 10:45:00 PM

Syrupy violets + the medicinal bite of French lavender = cough syrup, especially for the first half-hour, when the lavender is sharpest. I love violets, I love lavender, I love Guerlinade. But on me, Lavande Velours is too medicinal for me to thoroughly enjoy it. My husband likes this on me (he is a big fan of lavender scents; he sniffs deeply and says "mmmmmmm...."), and I do find it comforting and aromatherapeutic. As others have noted, this is wonderful on fabric (and, I think, in the hair as well).

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours is an uncomplicated little lavender fragrance which is a bit on the sweet side. It is inoffensive and if you called it boring, I wouldn't disagree. On the other hand, it might really appeal to a great aunt who likes Yardley or other "English Countryside" type perfumes and they would be mightily impressed with the stylish golden lace bottle.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: lavender, iris, tonka bean and sandalwood.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Very very peculiar perfume!
I am not so much into lavender but this one - as almost all Aqua Allegorias - is really well blended.
The lavender starts off very prominent and with this medicinal, almost harsh accent.
You must like it, otherwise it is a tad too strong. (to me, it was strong!) And it lasts!
But the the drydown is gorgeous: the iris shoes up and gives this "velvet", powdery note.
All in all it is a fresh fragrance where the lavender and the iris are a perfect match. Excellent staying power.
A pity it is discontinued!

on 10/13/2008 5:59:00 PM

I didn't like this at all, despite usually enjoying lavender and iris fragrances. Smelled like old weeds on me. Loved the packaging, however, so added 1 lippie.

I am the proud "auntie" of two cute little boys who fancy Aqua Allegoria fragrances. Their favorite is Anisia Bella. They disliked this one-- a lot. The opening is nice, but after a few minutes it smells like the steam from clothes smells --when you are doing your ironing. It is a fine linen spray, but it doesn't work on my skin. My little nephews think it smells simply "disgusting" and "yuck". I don't know if I agree with that. I think they just prefer their Anisia Bella over most everything and anything else. Boys will be boys! Spoiled little brats! **wink**

on 8/11/2006 8:29:00 PM

This is a wonderful, refreshing mix of bitter, medicinal lavender (which I happen to love) and sweet violet in the drydown. It's quite wonderful on hot days and it works rather well as a relaxing linen spray. Lasting power is pretty poor, but they compensate by selling this in huge bottles.

Popular Fragrances