4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I love the soap it does what is suppose to do, which is cleansing! It is very gentle to the skin and has the same effect as other costly and overhyped cleansers! It has a light masking fragrance, and it very affordable.<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jDIjBD8nF9g"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jDIjBD8nF9g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (230 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2.0

4 months ago

I’m trying to avoid or minimize plastic packaging, so did some research and picked up a 3-pack of this in hopes it would replace my facial cleanser. To my surprise, I opened the box and found the soap encased in a plastic pouch. I opened the pouch and was met with a strong scent, which is weird as the liquid Cetaphil doesn’t seem to have fragrance. Its third and final strike - very drying.

About reviewer (190 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

7 months ago

I love the idea of using the same soap for face and body--super convenient! But, neither part of my body tolerated this soap. It made my skin feel sticky, and my face broke out pretty badly from it. I'm guessing the part of it that makes it non-drying ended up clogging my pores. I thought at first it might just be purging stuff that had been building up under my skin, but after 2 weeks of a non-stop pimple parade and then some cystic pimples which I never usually get, I had to stop using this. Also, the fragrance is incredibly overwhelming and strong in a bad way. Honestly, you can smell it from across the room and it makes me wonder what the soap company is trying to cover up--does natural scent-free soap really smell that bad? At any rate, I'll use this to shave my legs or something, but it's not going anywhere near my face or more sensitive parts of my body.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

8 months ago

I have been using this as my facial cleanser for 13 years. I’ve tried others, every cerave cleanser (left film on my face, broke me out in rash AND clogged pores), neutrogena, Paula’s choice, even the liquid cetaphil cleansers. My skin just doesn’t tolerate anything. My skin changed when I was pregnant with my 2nd child &amp; is so sensitive &amp; I suffer from hormonal acne, &amp; dry flaky skin. This does seem to dry my skin, but not as bad as others I’ve tried. And i never get clogged pores unless I use makeup- which I hardly ever put anything on my face. I plan to try the gentle foaming cleanser soon. Hope it is just as good! Until then, i use hemp seed oil to remove makeup &amp; cerave pm to keep my skin from being too dry. My holy grail cleanser

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

My body is somewhat prone to rough bumps and small pimples if I use the wrong products, and I've found this to be the best truly non-comedogenic, moisturizing bar soap out there. I wish it were fragrance-free or used some form or safer, natural fragrance (because of the fragrance alone, I will continue to keep an eye out for other options) and it is also pricier than I think bar soap like this should be, but it is nonetheless the best option I've found for my skin.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

My dermatologist told me to start using this when I was 15, and I just turned 24 and I'm still using it. I have hydradenitis supprativa (probably misspelling that) which is cystic acne around all the sweat glands. This is the only soap that hasn't made it any worse, and is the only soap that doesn't cause my face to break out. I've tried so many cleansers and washes on the side, seeing if I could get away from this and I cant. It's just magic for my skin.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I got this bar of soap for use as a shower ???? soap &amp; I tried it today &amp; I don't like it bc it has this gross revolting masking fragrance ! Cetaphil should know better than to add any type of fragrance into their products Bc sensitive skins react badly to scented products! &amp; this masking fragrance smells yucky like skincare products that they would give you to use in the hospital or something! LOL it smells like a old lady's scent or something gross in that range! LOL The only positive points is that the soap itself was pretty gentle on my skin &amp; rinses off cleanly! But I had to extra rinse myself Bc I needed the fragrance off me but unfortunately it kinda still smell it ! I always felt that whenever they put in masking fragrance the smell is always gross!

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Dried my skin out, and exacerbated my acne. I normally would not use a bar soap on my face, but this soap was reviewed so highly on MUA that I was hopeful it would work for me. After the first day using it, the cystic acne around my jawline was noticeably more inflamed. After the second day, I noticed my skin became more oily throughout the day and I had to blot my T-Zone a lot. The third day, while applying my makeup, I noticed how patchy and flaky my skin was in areas; by the end of the day, my face was slick with oil. A lot of my cystic acne has now surfaced into horrible, inflamed white heads, and I have other small zits popping up on my face where they normally would not surface. Other acne that was receding and healing, has now become worse. I tried this soap on my body, because I didn't want my purchase to be a complete waste. However, it has also dried out my skin and left dry patches in places. If you have dry skin, DO NOT purchase this product! It may work for some people, but for me it was a complete waste.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is the only bar soap I can use. It cleanses superbly and does not cause breakouts or irritate my sensitive and reactive skin. The best and cheap. I use it on my face and body.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

I bought this soap in the hopes that it would be a gentle cleanser for my body. I have used the face wash as a body wash in the worst of winter and it left my skin super soft. I was hoping that I could use this bar soap instead since I find bars soap more convenient than liquid washes. Unfortunately, this left my skin somewhat dry and itchy compared to Olay bar soap, and much drier compared to the liquid face wash. The scent is mild but unpleasant and the performance clearly doesn't offset the price.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure