Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing BarCetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.1

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 10/23/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My body is somewhat prone to rough bumps and small pimples if I use the wrong products, and I've found this to be the best truly non-comedogenic, moisturizing bar soap out there.

I wish it were fragrance-free or used some form or safer, natural fragrance (because of the fragrance alone, I will continue to keep an eye out for other options) and it is also pricier than I think bar soap like this should be, but it is nonetheless the best option I've found for my skin.

on 8/12/2018 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My dermatologist told me to start using this when I was 15, and I just turned 24 and I'm still using it. I have hydradenitis supprativa (probably misspelling that) which is cystic acne around all the sweat glands. This is the only soap that hasn't made it any worse, and is the only soap that doesn't cause my face to break out. I've tried so many cleansers and washes on the side, seeing if I could get away from this and I cant. It's just magic for my skin.

on 5/30/2018 11:16:00 PM

I got this bar of soap for use as a shower 🚿 soap & I tried it today & I don't like it bc it has this gross revolting masking fragrance ! Cetaphil should know better than to add any type of fragrance into their products Bc sensitive skins react badly to scented products! & this masking fragrance smells yucky like skincare products that they would give you to use in the hospital or something! LOL it smells like a old lady's scent or something gross in that range! LOL

The only positive points is that the soap itself was pretty gentle on my skin & rinses off cleanly! But I had to extra rinse myself Bc I needed the fragrance off me but unfortunately it kinda still smell it ! I always felt that whenever they put in masking fragrance the smell is always gross!

Dried my skin out, and exacerbated my acne.

I normally would not use a bar soap on my face, but this soap was reviewed so highly on MUA that I was hopeful it would work for me. After the first day using it, the cystic acne around my jawline was noticeably more inflamed. After the second day, I noticed my skin became more oily throughout the day and I had to blot my T-Zone a lot. The third day, while applying my makeup, I noticed how patchy and flaky my skin was in areas; by the end of the day, my face was slick with oil. A lot of my cystic acne has now surfaced into horrible, inflamed white heads, and I have other small zits popping up on my face where they normally would not surface. Other acne that was receding and healing, has now become worse.

I tried this soap on my body, because I didn't want my purchase to be a complete waste. However, it has also dried out my skin and left dry patches in places. If you have dry skin, DO NOT purchase this product! It may work for some people, but for me it was a complete waste.

on 9/24/2017 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is the only bar soap I can use. It cleanses superbly and does not cause breakouts or irritate my sensitive and reactive skin. The best and cheap. I use it on my face and body.

on 5/3/2017 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this soap in the hopes that it would be a gentle cleanser for my body. I have used the face wash as a body wash in the worst of winter and it left my skin super soft. I was hoping that I could use this bar soap instead since I find bars soap more convenient than liquid washes.

Unfortunately, this left my skin somewhat dry and itchy compared to Olay bar soap, and much drier compared to the liquid face wash. The scent is mild but unpleasant and the performance clearly doesn't offset the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have severe allergies and my medication was tearing up my skin. I went to see my dermatologist and she recommended that I switch my facial soap to Cetaphil. She provided me with a free sample and I have been using it now for 2 weeks.

I would use Caress facial bar and olay daily facials on my face to clean off my makeup for over 15 years. I would do a weekly facial scrub and sometimes twice a week. I wear YSL waterproof mascara and Colorstay Eyeliner with long wear foundation from Estee Lauder. I would have to use two step process to remove all my makeup. But sometimes it still did not look clean.

I started to use Cetaphil after my doctor recommended it. I notice that my foundation came off with no problems and my face actually felt more clean and refreshed. I still use Olay Daily facials on my eye area because of the stubbornness of removing the mascara and eyeliner.

Prior to Cetaphil, I was having problems with weird bumps on my cheeks and acne and irritation on my temples. My allergy doctor said it was from my prescription nasal spray. I always have beautiful flawless skin prior to the prescription nasal spray. Since using this product those weird skin issues have gone away.

My dermatologist recommend that I use Cetaphil with Clarisonic facial brush. I have not purchased the Clarisonic yet, but I will wait one month of Cetaphil use to see if I need the facial brush.

on 7/13/2016 9:59:00 PM

I've been using this product as my facial cleanser for the past several months and I am really loving it. It's simple and affordable yet effective. I cleanse with it first thing in the morning and last thing at night (after removing my makeup with Lush's Ultrabland) and my skin has been the clearest it's been in a long time. I actually sometimes now go out without foundation (or any makeup at all for that matter) and I credit that to this cleanser. Highly recommend!

on 6/6/2016 8:28:00 PM

Ok this is major HG alert!!!! My favorite favorite I repeat FAVORITE soap on the market! I buy the antibacterial formula and it actually works to clear up acne and is always very gentle on my skin. You can buy for about 6 bucks at any grocery store. Thank me later

My dermatologist recommended that I use this during my treatment of Accutane and it has been a life saver. I have found the cleansing bar to be gentle on my extremely dry, scaly skin. I paid around $4.00 for a single bar. You can also find the combo packs at some stores.