Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing BarCetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 5/3/2017 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this soap in the hopes that it would be a gentle cleanser for my body. I have used the face wash as a body wash in the worst of winter and it left my skin super soft. I was hoping that I could use this bar soap instead since I find bars soap more convenient than liquid washes.

Unfortunately, this left my skin somewhat dry and itchy compared to Olay bar soap, and much drier compared to the liquid face wash. The scent is mild but unpleasant and the performance clearly doesn't offset the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have severe allergies and my medication was tearing up my skin. I went to see my dermatologist and she recommended that I switch my facial soap to Cetaphil. She provided me with a free sample and I have been using it now for 2 weeks.

I would use Caress facial bar and olay daily facials on my face to clean off my makeup for over 15 years. I would do a weekly facial scrub and sometimes twice a week. I wear YSL waterproof mascara and Colorstay Eyeliner with long wear foundation from Estee Lauder. I would have to use two step process to remove all my makeup. But sometimes it still did not look clean.

I started to use Cetaphil after my doctor recommended it. I notice that my foundation came off with no problems and my face actually felt more clean and refreshed. I still use Olay Daily facials on my eye area because of the stubbornness of removing the mascara and eyeliner.

Prior to Cetaphil, I was having problems with weird bumps on my cheeks and acne and irritation on my temples. My allergy doctor said it was from my prescription nasal spray. I always have beautiful flawless skin prior to the prescription nasal spray. Since using this product those weird skin issues have gone away.

My dermatologist recommend that I use Cetaphil with Clarisonic facial brush. I have not purchased the Clarisonic yet, but I will wait one month of Cetaphil use to see if I need the facial brush.

on 7/13/2016 9:59:00 PM

I've been using this product as my facial cleanser for the past several months and I am really loving it. It's simple and affordable yet effective. I cleanse with it first thing in the morning and last thing at night (after removing my makeup with Lush's Ultrabland) and my skin has been the clearest it's been in a long time. I actually sometimes now go out without foundation (or any makeup at all for that matter) and I credit that to this cleanser. Highly recommend!

on 6/6/2016 8:28:00 PM

Ok this is major HG alert!!!! My favorite favorite I repeat FAVORITE soap on the market! I buy the antibacterial formula and it actually works to clear up acne and is always very gentle on my skin. You can buy for about 6 bucks at any grocery store. Thank me later

My dermatologist recommended that I use this during my treatment of Accutane and it has been a life saver. I have found the cleansing bar to be gentle on my extremely dry, scaly skin. I paid around $4.00 for a single bar. You can also find the combo packs at some stores.

on 1/21/2016 9:38:00 AM

DRYING AND SPOTS APPEARING

Generally bar soaps are over-drying anyway. You shouldn't really use because it is too alkaline for our pH. The ingredients do not make it better. Sodium chloride is too drying and will cause spots (plus more sebum). Salt scores highly of 5 in comedogenic level. The salt will harden up the oil to create clogged pores. There's also petrolatum which is supposedly not comedogenic but it will clog up the skin. It's covering up the pores so the pores won't be able to breathe plus petrolatum is hard to wash off (i.e vaseline). In the long run it'll make your face worse. Probably is "gentle" as it has no irritants present.

LIFE SAVER!! I've been using Retin-A for about 10 months. And everything I tried on my skin made me burn and red! Also, I travel a lot, in the past 10 months I've been in 6 countries, all with different climates.. With my now sensitive skin, it went crazy on me. Dry, cracking, peeling... Yucky. I've been using cetaphil cleanser in the morning in combination with the cetaphil moisturizer. Ahhhmaaayyyziiinggg. Big change in my skin.

although my skin was no longer peeling or breaking I still felt a bit tight, so I now use Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to clean my face at night.. Oh sweet moisture, it gives me the most beautiful glow. after the washing, the oils stay on the skin! I wait 20 minutes, then apply my 1% Retin-A, wait 10 minutes then apply my Lamer cream. My skin is finally (almost) how I want to it be! LALALALALA! That's a huge statement coming from me! :-p

*I also use my juicer daily - lots of greens, lots of beta carotene, vitamins and minerals, ya'll! You are what you eat! Stay away from yucky foods.. It shows on your face!
*Drink LOTS of water
*Omega 3 supplements
*Biotin supplements (mostly for my hair, but it's lightened a couple freckles, yay!)
*Organic coconut oil, sugar and honey to exfoliate once a week
*I sleep next to a humidifier. -Keeps my skin from drying out from the aircon/heater
*Cardio! Sweat out those toxins, and glow, baby!

on 12/31/2015 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My skin has been dry lately and nothing in my cabinet was working. Liquid cleansers left my skin feeling tight, so I tried this non-soap bar because it's labelled for dry skin. It's not really moisturizing per se but the important thing is that my skin doesn't feel tight.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Use this for full body cleansing every single day in the shower and only for facial cleansing every other day when I'm not using my rodan+fields sulfur wash. This is so gentle and mild but really makes my facial skin feel clean and fresh which is so hard to find for my very greasy, sensitive skin. All I do is take this with my hands, rub it between and distribut evenly over my face and neck. Then I go in with my Clarisonic Mia with the Luxury Cashmere brush head. For in shower body cleansing this is the only bar cleanser I have ever found that actually makes my skin super soft and not dried out even though I don't have super dry skin to begin with. Makes my body feel fresh and really takes off my deodorant well as it lathers amazingly. It's anti-bacterial properties are also amazing for body and facial acne as well as cleaning very sensitive private areas of the body.

on 9/9/2015 12:43:00 PM

This is the best cleanser ever! Leaves skin feeling soft without drying it! With the price being so affordable you should try this product!