Fresh Sake Bath

No Image

on 10/11/2012 7:24:00 PM

Fresh Sake Bath is heaven in a bottle. Seriously I got a sample from Sephora and went back and bought a whole bottle. I sleep like a baby after using this amazing stuff. It smells phenomenal and makes me feel like I spent hours getting pampered in a high end spa. Don't let the price keep you from buying it. You will not regret this purchase

on 1/28/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, you can use pure sake rice wine instead of this Fresh product. Well, to be honest, this was good but sake is even better, and much cheaper (depends on what you choose though). I like to pour 1 or 2 cups of hot sake in my bath. Use it as a toner - for this, pick one that still has some rice powder at the bottom and ABV around 10 - 11%. I have to tell you, it's just as good as SK II essence, minus the price tag. Sake rice wine is rich in kojic acid, amino acid. You can do even better for your skin if you put some herbs in the sake for 2 weeks and use that instead. I never go back to normal toner again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It smells as wonderful as everybody says. If you are a smell person, you might have to try this, despite the price tag. The fragrance of this product is just beautiful and luscious---i don't know that I have come across anything else that smelled as good as this stuff. I got the water HOT, as hot as I could stand it, and I pretty much zonked out after bathing with this. It is expensive stuff and using it as often as I would like would probably hurt my wallet. However, with DH away on a business trip I will be indulging myself while he is gone. I didn't skimp on this (even though it's spendy) and ended up with a foamy, luscious-smelling bath. I am not sure how many baths I will get out of this bottle (my guess will be about 10 or so). But despite the cost I do plan to re-purchase. The bottle is gorgeous & elegant, but with it being glass and kinda heavy, I made sure to be careful with this in the tub area. I am considering getting the sake candle to burn during bathtime.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Sadly..I love this stuff. After stalking it in Sephora several times I decided to invest in this product and try it out. The smell is just amazing, to me it smells like sake-tangy but also with a light peach scent. The product itself is pretty and I love the packaging.
I was told it wasn't going to foam up but it did foam up very well every time I used it, and the smell didn't evaporate away like some bath products. I suppose it did have detoxifying properties, as I always felt very tired after wards, but otherwise I couldn't tell.
Now for the downside...the bottle says to use 2 capfuls, but a capful is very small, so I usually poured in a little more. I tried to be choosy about when I used this, say once a week, but it still didn't last very long. It's very expensive, so in a way I kind of think you're paying more for the bottle than the actual product. I would love to find something like it but I haven't found something that matches that wonderful smell. (I'm a smell person, :]
Definitely a splurge, and it's something I would recommend you have someone else buy for a special birthday or anniversary gift.

on 10/8/2009 10:53:00 PM

After reading the glowing reviews, I wanted to love this product. However, I found it unpleasantly scented and fairly mediocre. At this price point, I expect much more. While it's not as glamorous, I would gladly trade this for LUSH.

on 10/1/2009 1:22:00 AM

I will admit I was concerned about the fact it was in a glass bottle as I have a habit of breaking things but it is really thick... No problems yet...
This fact that everyone states this product is amazing is an understatment. I have never been so happy to dish out $80 in my life... I do only use it on special occasions and a bottle lasts me for a year that way but this is pure luxury... I smell good, I do not need lotion and I feel like I spent $80 at the spa....This is the perfect item to ask for at the holidays... I found the best way to enjoy it is alone as well...Do not do a full bath routine, washing hair or facial... This is meant to be enjoyed on its own.

on 9/24/2009 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OMG! This stuff is amazing! I just got done taking a bath with this and it left me with... I would'nt say moisturised but extremely smooth skin. I love the subtle scent of this Sake and Milk Milk together...heavenly!

on 3/14/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love it. Yes it costs too much but its you're money and you're worth it. No? I dont know about all the "medicinal" qualities. I didnt feel any different but the smell is heavenly. I get in the bath with a glass of champagne, light my Sake candle, and ahhhhh! Its a special treat. My problem is I want to use it every time I bathe. My other bath stuff is collecting dust.

on 2/10/2009 10:41:00 AM

I asked for a sample of this super expencive bath soak ($80) when I was at Sephora, the SA was so sweet and filled up two of the sample jars and warned me to go right to bed after my bath as this would make me really sleepy. Had a very lovely bath and enjoyed the aroma very much but not sure if I got sleepy. I did get another sample last night when I was in Sephore buying my Fresh sugar face scrub and had another great bath. I would NEVER purchase this because of the prive and the bottle it not that large but I will continue to pick up samples and treat myself every now and then.

All I can say is.......amazing. Absolutely amazing. I got a sample packet of the sake bath from fresh when I ordered from them awhile back and finally put it to good use. I wasn't really expecting much, but the spicy, sweet, peachy bath foamed quite nicely, was so soothing, softened my skin, I could go on and on, but other reviewers have summed it up so nicely. However, would I be willing to spend $80 on this heaven-sent product? Normally, I would say not in a million years, but the relaxed, calm, peaceful feeling I had after my sake bath just may be worth the dough. Until I decide to take the plunge though, I am planning to try out TBS for heaven's sake from BBW to see if I can get similar results for less.

Popular Bath Treatments