Wet 'n' Wild 549A Java

Wet 'n' Wild 549A Java

4.5

on 11/16/2017 2:07:00 PM

I have tried SO many lipsticks/tinted balms, hoping to find "the one"...that shade I could prefer above all others and wear every single day and always love it. THIS is that shade for me! Java is an interesting shade, because it's not an orangey brown, but not rosy either. A medium bronzed nude, with a pearl (not overly frosty) finish, that looks prettier on than in the tube. I can just wear this lipstick, mascara, and bronzer, and I look so put together. For reference, I have fair/light, neutral skin, and naturally pigmented lips. Color wears a decent amount of time, and does not dry out my lips. Also, only costs $0.99! I don't like the new packaging with the beveled lid, it's harder to close and sometimes nicks the lipstick when I'm opening, but that's my only complaint. Gonna buy a few backups, I love it so much!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Read this was a dupe for MAC "teddy"....not even close. The frost is too much and there is no color. The frosty beige shade "Breeze" from the same line is much better because it is actually pigmented as well as being frosty. This just looks like a sickly cool brown with white-ish frost....pass.

on 8/14/2016 10:14:00 AM

I don't wear lipstick much anymore, but for 99 cents I had to try a couple of Wet N Wild shades, Java being one of them. This is a great color! I find it similar or at least comparable to Jane's Kiss of Caramel which is my all time favorite and long discontinued. It's not too dark or too light, just right for me. Cashmere is a really nice shade but way too dark for my light complexion. I should probably grab a few more in case it's discontinued. I wear glosses and balm stains mostly but Java is nice for when I want to glam myself up. I have been a long time of Wet N Wilds lipglosses and their lipsticks are just as nice. For the price you really can't go wrong. 5 stars all the way!

on 7/17/2015 8:49:00 PM

I picked this up at CVS for free but it costs 99 that's under a buck. Seriously, you can't beat that! My tube is 5328 Java. It's a GORGEOUS color. It's a knock off of MACS teddy velvet. So beautiful! I recommend to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is SO good for the price - 99 cents! I have pretty big lips, and I normally stick with matte lipsticks as I think they're more flattering on me, but Java is stunning. It's definitely a frost finish, and it's nice and creamy. It's a nice nude for someone with tan skin, especially someone like me who gets very washed-out looking with most "nude" lipsticks. I consider Java one of my MLBB colors. It is a mix of brown, red, and orange, which makes it very flattering with a natural eye look and bold brows. It doesn't last that long, maybe 2 hours without reapplying, but for less than a dollar I can't complain. It's not my favorite nude lippie, but it's good nonetheless, and perfect to try out a different look, since it won't break the bank!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Java is an interesting shade. In the container it looked medium warm rosy brown to me. When applied it has a distinctly cool tone on my face which is just subtle enough to look nice and not totally clash with my coloring. It definitely resembles Java more when on your lips.
For $2 the formula, sheen, and now packaging (WnW upgraded to a new tube and it's great! Stays closed in my bag) is a real treat and even though this is not a color I will reach for very often I can acknowledge value for the dollar when I see it. I also think this color is a wonderful and cost effective option for a cooler toned woman who needs a good everyday shade. There is a very slight frost to this color but it is maturely and tastefully done. The odor is makeup-y and nondescript and I didn't find it offensive. This is not a long wear lipstick because the consistency is a bit more glossy, but it stays a decent length of time for those of you who look for that. Overall I was happy to add this to my collection :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I need to hoard these!! Came upon this color completely by accident at a walmart, I should have picked up every tube they had, silly me coz this lipstick is my new fave!! It is a great replacement for my beloved d/c'ed 901 Mocha Bean. I wore many a tube of Mocha Bean back in the 90s!! This is a total dupe. It's true neutral brown but not too red...not super frosty, more creamy. Still a little clueless on what lipliner goes w this, I like 666 with it. My new fave!!

on 12/21/2009 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i got this on bogo at walgreens, & since i love natural makeup looks i got this cuz the colour seemed a lot like my natural lip colour. the swatch on my hand looked to be a light brownish pinky mauve, but on my lips the colour was quite darkly pigmented i was surprised and it looked really really brown but after i used a nice bronzey gloss, my lips looked yummy hehe, & it photographed beautifully btw even kinda had a peachy vibe to it actually, so im really happy with it, and if i must, at 99 cents originally, but i got it for .50 i will definitely repurchase :)

on 3/18/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely an excellent purchase. A browned mauve with more brown than mauve. So gorgeous with a neutral eye. The formula is very nice with hardly any taste and the consistency is creamy.

on 4/23/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a shimmery coppery brown. Sightly frosty. It looks nice but I just feel like it's kind of boring and I'm never excited to wear it. I wear it with a nude lipliner because otherwise it looks too frosty on me. I gave it 4 stars because it's a great lipstick for an awesome price but I would not repurchase.