L'Oreal Le Grand Curl Waterproof [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.9

on 3/29/2009 1:11:00 PM

Are they still selling this crap? It supposed to make your eyelashes curl, yeah right. It does Nothing for me! I swear it's just a scam, just another way to get money. Nothing can just magically make your eyelashes curl except an eyelash curler! What a waste of money! I will never repurchase!

on 10/16/2007 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best drugstore mascara ever. No, it doesn't curl (what kind does?) But I love it. Naturally, it's discontinued. : \ I do not buy high-end mascara...replacing them every 3 months, that would be too expensive. I haven't found a replacement mascara that I like as much as Le Grand Curl. Luckily, I still have some stockpiled!

on 7/5/2005 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have typical asian eyelashes(thin in volume n short). This is the best drugstore mascara i have ever used so far. while it doesn't curl up my lashes perfectly without using an eyelash curler, it certainly helps to make the curl and keep the lashes curled. It makes my lashes really looong and fuuuuuuull. All the mascaras i've tried that r supposed to lengthen my lashes were not as good as this. the formula becomes clumpy faster than other mascaras but that's ok cuz i have enough *skill*. i hope l'oreal doesn't discontinue this mascara until i die!!

on 4/13/2005 4:15:00 AM

The trick to this product is a light hand, I think. It looks good with one coat.

It is easy too apply too much and have it look like stage makeup.

It does clump your lashes together if you use too much.

It is waterproof, smudgeproof, touch proof. Also remover proof. I will not use this product again becuase I have such difficulties getting the dang stuff up, and aggressive removal is such a hastle.

It also means that if you apply too much in the morning (having done the rest of your makeup) and it clumps, it is impossible to get it off.

on 4/3/2005 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I actually like this alot. The one i purchased is not waterproof,it is smudgeproof, smearproof and flakeproof and it does not contain any fragrance, it does not clump, it thickens and lengthens wonderfully and looks very nice. I bought it at CVS in BlackBrown and the price was reasonable $7.95. Will continue to purchase. I am allergic to most mascara,s and eye liners but i have had no problem with this one. Update i still love this mascara and no allergic reaction to it what so ever.
Update:cannot find this anymore!
Update:Found La Femme Cake Mascara on amazon and love it.

on 8/24/2004 4:18:00 PM

I usually find it difficult to find a mascara that actually retains the curl after using a curler but this one did AND it lasted the whole day with no smudging. After a few weeks, however, the curling and non-smudging effect seemed to wear off so I'm not sure if I'll repurchase but it was a great mascara in its prime.

I found this in black, on clearance. I usually wear brown or brownish/black. It was cheap, so I thought I'd try it.
I liked the slightly curved brush, it worked well getting to the outer corners of my lashes. It also seperated and defined my lashes very well.
I wish I could find it in brown, because I'd buy it again.

a great mascara at a cheap price. Doesn't melt during the day that much, and my eyelashes stay curly for the whole day

on 5/13/2004 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This gets a very half-hearted "meh" from me....it's not a bad mascara, for what I bought it for -- a waterproof, daily-wear mascara. At the end of the day I still had smudging below my eyes, but it's reliable for a few hours. It goes on clump free so long as you don't layer it on too much. Despite its name though, it did nothing to curl my lashes (unlike Lancome's Flextencils), in fact, it barely lengthened, which is why I won't be buying this again.

on 4/14/2004 12:22:00 PM

I tried L'Oreal's Le Grand Curl Waterproof several years ago and really liked that it lived up to its name. I tried a couple of others in the meantime and recently went back to LLGCW. What a MISTAKE. It clumps like crazy. And it actually seems to fade away through the day... odd, must not be airproof. And they seem to have changed the curved brush design since 2000... why, I don't know. I do not recommend this mascara.