L'Oreal On the Loose Shimmering Powders [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.5

LOVE this eyeshadow and I'm also very sad that it's D/C! A friend of mine had the color Orb, which is my favorite. It looks like DIRT in the container and honestly I thought it would just look like a mess, but it goes on beautifully. It's a shimmery silvery taupe color. It's sheer, but buildable. If I apply it with a wet brush, it gets more shimmery. It's a great color I never get tired of. I bought this on eBay and was willing to pay more for it since I liked it so much. Later on I ended up finding it at Dollar Tree as well (but not anymore) and I bought every container of Orb they had. I have about 5 of them as backups, so I hope they last! So far I haven't even finished one, so they seem to last quite a long time. I also think these are comparable to MAC pigments or any of the loose mineral eyeshadows, as well as the Loreal Illumination eye shadow (which I believe was also D/C). If you come across them, get them! I'd rate them off the charts if I could (this and my Micabella mineral shadows are my favorite, but Micabella are much more pricey).

on 10/22/2009 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Awww, man, why do these have to be DC'd? I just found out about them! I saw a ton of these at my local Dollar Tree, but there seemed to be only one color, so I grabbed one. It was Gunsmoke. It looks gray in the tub, but it goes on a very pretty silver. The powder quality is awesome, it's soft and fine, yet somehow dense enough to be easy to work with. I only got a bit of fallout during application, and due to the color it was easily fixed. A wonderful eyeshadow, I wish I had more. :(

on 7/13/2009 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

L'OREAL, BRING THESE BACK!!!

on 12/27/2008 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I have these colors:

Raisin Cane - A beautiful duochrome plum-deep brown. A very unusual and pretty shade

Night Fever - Amazing brigt, sapphire blue, reminds me of Milani's Blue Ice

The pigmentation is okay. Shows up beautifully, but not as pigmented as more recent L'Oreal products. These blend like a dream! I love to blend Night Fever with a bright purple for that amazing jeweltone look.

I absolutely love these. Beauty Queen was a staple in my make up routine for the longest time, then I ran out and haven't been able to get more. If I would have known they'd be so hard to get I would have bought ten of them. the texture is so amazing and they have the best color pay off. I definitely recommend these to anyone who can locate them.

I bought this eye shadow to complete this purple-pink look I was planning on doing. It's almost identical to the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush loose powder eyeshadows-- which I prefer-- but I think this is a dollar or two cheaper. It goes on pretty smoothly. I really like the loose powders as opposed to pressed. The pink is a very pretty color, but I don't know if I would like it enough to buy it a second time. I'm not even sure I'll finish it. Pink isn't my favorite color for my hazel eyes. Overall, it's pretty okay.

wow i had been looking for these for years, and found out they were dc'd. Then I came upon them at the dollar store today. They didn't look impressive in the tub, so i only picked up orb and flash lighting. However, once i opened them and put them on WOW! these are beautiful colors and so sparkly. Comparible to many high end brands....They had a few more colors at the dollar store so I'm definately going back to stock up on these. jackpot!

I would if they hadn't been dc'd. These are amazing shadows! Strong colors, vibrant, more soft as apposed to mac pigments, I truely wish they would bring these back, until then I am on my quest to own as many as I can!

Lovely!

on 9/5/2007 2:51:00 PM

I just don't know what to do now that these are discontinued. The only two eyeshadows that I ever used was this and the roller eyeshadow from Maybelline and they discontinued that too. I haven't been able to find loose powder shadow like these since. GRRR!

on 1/9/2008 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I first received Raisin' Cane as a throw in from a swap and I fell in love with the texture and color of it. Afterwards I read on the reviews that they were discontinued and I was so sad!! So I did the next best thing, I looked into swapping for them!! Well I was able to get 6 of them and in the process of getting 2 more colors. I love these e/s!! They are finely milled, comes in really cute little jars and the colors are so beautiful. My personal favorites so far are Night Fever, Diva Down, and Five Alarm. I read that some people have found these at Dollar Stores, but when I tried I had no luck. But these are wonderful shadows!!