CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 2/23/2016 7:35:00 AM

Chanel never fails to impress, this powder is another HG product for me! It works beautifully as a setting powder, or can be worn by itself on lazy makeup days/ hot summer days when you can't be bothered with applying a liquid foundation underneath. Didn't use the sponge applicator it came with, but applied using a Real Techniques buffing brush.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Meh. Sorry, but soooooo much more was expected. Nothing special and for a Chanel product - shouldn't it be?

on 7/3/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have this in Translucent 2/ 30 Naturel.
I really like it- it gives a nice glow to my skin.
I use it as a finishing powder- very lightly.
The packaging is very elegant and chic- but of course its chanel.
Only possibly downside is that maybe it's expensive- but of course its chanel ;)

on 2/7/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this on impulse a few years ago in Dore at a duty free shop when my flight was delayed. It's gorgeous! A yellow based matte golden tan powder with a lovely soft, sheer texture. In the winter I bought Naturel, a shade lighter.Chanel powders might seem expensive but this is a whopping 15g size - compare that to Clinique's 7g and Bobbi Brown's which I think is around 11g. The Chanel compact works out much cheaper.
I used up a whole tub of Naturel loose powder and the only thing that stopped me repurchasing was that it was a tiny bit less yellow than I normally like (I'm MAC NC30-40 and BB Warm Natural). I am still using the Chanel compact for touchups during the day with a retractable brush and Clinique's Invisible Blend to set makeup in the morning (used to like Bobbi Brown's Soft Sand but that's now way too expensive) and will carry on using Dore loose and pressed in the summer months.
I haven't had any problems with the packaging which seems very sturdy and of course, could there be anything more classy than a Chanel compact? (comes in a cute little velvet protective pouch)

on 9/6/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great setting powder especially for delicate areas like the under eye. Does not settleinto lines or creases. I use translucent which has a slightly lightening effect, thus perfect for the under eye area. Would not buy again as I found cheaper alternatives.

on 5/22/2011 10:11:00 PM

This is not to conceal anything.

It is a setting powder! To finish your makeup and make sure it does't move!

The shade is probably to add a glow or even color.

It just went on and made me proud of my purchase!

It took away the dewy look my foundation gives and gave me the matte look immediately.

Matte. Clean. Don't have to use that much.

If you are looking for a natural matte look.

Make this purchase!

on 11/17/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've had a hard time with pressed powders. All that I've tried made my skin dry, showed all my imperfections and made me look dull. So i stayed away from pressed powders until I read all the reviews about Chanel. I figured oh why not. This is my HG powder! It has a lovely soft finish when you wear it. It didn't dry out my skin and it evened my skin tone. Now this powder isnt full cover. So some of my freckles still show thru. But its ok with me as I dont want to hide them. I dont care for the compact itself too much. Nice packaging , large mirror, the applicator that came with it is useless, I use my own brush. I would prefer for it not to be Chanel because its sooo expensive for makeup. I will try to look for a cheaper brand but for now this is it! I will def by again.

on 12/19/2008 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finely milled and felt great upon application so that my skin pretty much looked flawless after putting this on (after foundation). However I have to say that is not a great feat as I (luckily) have had pretty clear skin all my life. Also, like most oily t-zone girls, it seems nothing will stop the shine appearing come noon. I have not re-purchased but may do so in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried LM's Loose Translucent Powder and MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish Powder in Light Medium and Chanel's pressed powder makes my skin look matte and gives great coverage. It doesn't dry out my skin like other powders and it lasts pretty long too. I still need to do touch ups during the day, but this powder is of high quality. Real pricey too.

on 11/13/2004 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in DORE40/TRANSLUCENT 3 and have, no matter how hard I tried to convince myself otherwise, found it to be nothing special, especially not for $42.50 + tax USD. I apply this with a brush to absorb oil, and not only doesn't it do that very well for me, it hasn't been long-lasting either. I don't like certain fragrances on skincare and pressed powder either, and this product's is strong and offensive to me in the pan. And I find that pan, BTW, on the narrow side, and the compact, though pretty, slightly bulky. Unlike the vast majority of reviewers here, this pressed powder just didn't work for me. I can't wait to use it up and get something better for a fraction of its price.