CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

3.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Does not cover well at all, doesn't even seem like applied when it is applied.

on 12/2/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really nice compact powder, smooth and finely milled and truly mattifies. I would like to try the loose powder version :)

on 9/29/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

EDIT 11/15/11: Completely redid my review AGAIN. Brought down from 4 lippies to 2.

Had this in the new shade Muscade. Was annoyed that at Nordstrom it cost $10 more than the other shades ($55), when it doesn't have that price bump on Chanel's site. Included puff is laughably useless, so I used a brush. The powder is hard and not easy to pick up onto a brush, but it's translucent, left an airbrushed finish and controlled oil decently well. After a month of use I realized to my horror that a hard crust was developing on top of the powder, and that it must've come from the oil on my face. Despite the fact that I always blotted before applying, and again used a brush that I wiped clean afterwards and washed every other day. Eww! Returned for the loose powder (I bought 40 Dore). NC44/Nars Tahoe/Perfection Lumiere BA34 for reference.

on 12/30/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would give this 3.5 lippies. This is definitely a finishing powder and not a foundation powder because it has only light coverage. This does not have buidable coverage because when you apply too much, it makes skin appear dry and cakey. It does feel very light like others have said.

I have this in 110 Beige Claire which has a very light shimmer that imparts a very natural glow. The shade is equivalent to NC 25 which is a tad light for my NC 30-35 skin. It is good for those with yellow undertones.

When applied with a light hand (I use my ecotools kabuki brush) this gives a soft airbrushed finish to my skin. However, like others have said, you still need concealer unless you have flawless skin because it does not even skin tone well. I have mixed thoughts about this product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It is nice for the days when I don't want to wear too much makeup but it is basically useless for daily use. I would say this has average lasting power, definitely better than Bare Minerals for example. However, this is not recommended for sensitive skin. If I wear this for consecutive days, it makes my skin break out.

This is probably better suited for normal/combination skin types with clear complexions, and those who are not sensitive to most powders.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've had this powder for a REALLY long time now, and after so many years of having it, I've finally hit pan, which is really upsetting since this is my holy grail powder.
It sets foundation/tinted moisturizer (in my case) perfectly and it gives a nice matte finish. I especially love it because it gives a really soft look and it doesn't make your face look cakey AT ALL.
I just really love it and i think it's definitely worth it.

on 7/26/2004 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The quality of this press powder is superb. It's silky matte and gives good sheer to medium coverage. 30 Natural - Translucent 2 was a perfect match for my NC35-42 coloring. I cannot rave enough about it. I am very oily and this powder sets my makeup very nicely, and I don't have to touch it up for a longtime, plus it does not cake at all. A little goes a long way, so it can last very long if used sparingly. I will buy this again. I consider it a great splurge for an elegant product that does what it is suppose to do.