CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

No. 30 translucent. Great fine powder to make my t-zone less shiny. Great for touchups. I like the big mirror. One lippie less because the puff looks and feels cheap, a bit of a disappointment considering the price. Otherwise a great fine powder that gets rid of the shine without the look of heavy powder, almost invisible after applying. Would purchase again.

on 6/4/2014 1:15:00 AM

Iv'e been alternating this chanel powder with my powder stash for 18 months, so feel I have given it a good go. It does have a nice consistency in that it does not leave you looking chalky and powdery looking, however on my normal/combo skin I still need to touch up once during the day and again if I'm going out at night with the same make-up on.

I have found for me the best way to apply this and get the longest results from it are with a smaller or denser brush - current favs being RT Contour Brush and RT Expert Face Brush to really buff it in for the really smooth look this powder is capable of achieving.

On my NC15 skin 20 Clair is a perfect match - even though this powder is not translucent, more a slight creamy colour it does not add colour to your skin.

I won't repurchase because of the price, I think for less money or the same money there are nicer powders out there.

on 9/29/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think my hunt for the perfect pressed powder has finally come to an end. I love this compact. The powder is lovely, finely milled. When I first opened it and saw the puff (maybe we should call it "the flat" because it is not puffy) I laughed and almost threw it away without even trying it based on other reviews. But this compact is very slim and small, and typical replacement puffs are too thick and too big to fit inside, so I gave it a try. And I actually like it. It picks up quite a bit of product if you use pressure or it can pick up just a small amount if you gently waft it over the powder. Press it to your face, don't slide it across the skin. I use a small brush (I like the brush that is for the Hourglass Ambient finishing powders) to blend it a little afterwards but it is not really necessary. I use this for touchups, not for initial powdering which I do with the Chanel loose powder. There is a faint fragrance, roses I think, but it is very light and sophisticated, unlike some other Chanel products.

The compact itself is that iconic shiny black square design with the Chanel logo on top and a velvet pouch to keep it in. The mechanism to open and close is easy to use. The mirror is a little small since the compact itself is quite small, and I only wish I could open it a little past the perfect 90 degrees, but that's really a nitpick. I also read on here that the puff falls apart if you wash it, so I was kind of scared to wash mine but I went ahead and did it anyway. I found that it washes out just fine, I just used some facewash and rinsed it well. I gently folded it in half and squeezed out as much water as I could, then I used my blow dryer on medium until it felt pretty dry. Then I switched to cool for a minute or so. It still felt a little damp but I let it air dry from that point and it was fine the next morning. Washing it did flatten out the embossed Chanel logo on the puff but clean is more important to me than branding!

Overall, I love it. I will repurchase it.

Edit: I have hit pan and washed my puff multiple times. Still loving it!

on 6/18/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This does not give any coverage, but mattifies, which is what I think a powder should do. You cannot see any powder on the skin, so finely milled is this stuff, just natural-looking matteness. I had no idea my powders before this were so ashy until I started using it!
One little gripe is that the applicator it comes with is not so great, which it should be for something designed to be applied on-the-go; I don't want to carry a brush too all day. Also would have liked a separate compartment for the applicator, as in NARS powder foundation, but that may have upset the proportions of the beautiful packaging...
Definitely expensive, but it just feels so luxurious to use...

I was running out of my favorite merle norman luxiva pressed powder and I got this one. This powder is no better than some drugstore brands. Actually I used way better quality cheap powders before (rimmel stay matte, maybelline dream matte). It gives terrible coverage, actually you can powder yourself all day long, it won't cover a thing, it reminded me prestige powder foundation, awful. It applies very weird almost like fluffy starch, finish is terrible, it makes pores look huge, HUGE like this OOOO. Just a couple of minutes after application I looked like a had a jaundice, yep, some powders turn orange, this one turned dark yellow, Chanel couldn't test their powder oxidized? it would be the easiest thing to check, I wonder what do they test then??? so.. unfortunately no healthy glow for me. I got 30 naturel translucent 2. I would not recommend it to anyone. I prefer pressed powders, but if I am not able to find merle on ebay (they don't have an online store) I will use sorme mineral secret loose powder, it's the best loose powder I tried so far, way WAY better than any chanel, dior, lancome or other low/high end powders.

on 1/29/2012 8:59:00 PM

Brilliant! Gives the perfect amount of coverage over their foundation. Keeps my skin from getting oily. I probably apply it twice a day and it does the job. It's a bit expensive, but totally worth it!

i finally found a powder that actually mattifies...I have combination skin, was looking to keep my forehead shine free (i don't put foundation on my forehead). Am happy to say that this powder really helps a lot!! i have tried Mac blot powder, but was already greasy by lunch time!!!
but what i love the most about this powder is that you don't see it, the powder is very fine and does not cling to dry patches or fine hairs on the face...and i do notice that i am less shiny at the end of the day!!
i have found my powder!! so glad!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased this powder in Translucent Sun because I wanted a powder with yellow tones in it to give me that slight warm glow for the winter since Im super pale. The color is gorgeus and thats about it.
I was extremely disappointed after applying this powder which looked very heavy and it looked like it was sitting on top of my makeup, I dont mind looking made up but this looked absolutely absurd, I gave it so many chances trying it over different foundations,primers, you name it, and it still looked awful, after all it is Chanel and paying top dollar ($45) you expect the best of the best. Due to this bad experience I will just stick with Chanel's glosses which are unbeatable, and I will steer clear of any powders, foundations, etc. I will continue to stick with my HG powder Lucidity from EL.

on 7/22/2010 6:43:00 AM

UPDATE: I've had this for a while now and I never reach for it. It just doesn't do anything any more. It doesn't mattify. Expensive rubbish, reduced to 1 lippy for the nice packaging. (contrary to the Mat Lumiere foundation which is wonderful). **** This is a good powder, but Iím not convinced itís worth the price (around 35 euros). For that price it really has to be more than just "good".
First, the compact. Indeed it is very chic and has a large mirror, but unfortunately the lid only opens 90 degrees so itís less than functional. The ďpuffĒ is laughable, really, itís so bad. I apply the powder with a big fluffy brush though a kabuki would be better (I donít have my kabuki at the moment, long story...).
So the powder itself. I was looking for something light, translucent mainly for matifying my t-zone during the day Ė although since Iíve run out of loose powder Iím temporarily using this to set my foundation too (Chanel Mat Lumiere). It certainly does that job. On my skin - ML in 20 Clair during the winter, now using it mixed with a tad of bronzing gel - this powder in shade Translucent 02 is virtually sheer, unless applied excessively. There is no "powdery" finish, just a nice, natural matte look. It doesnít cake on reapplication.
Any cons? Apart from the ridiculous price, the powder is sort of difficult to get onto the brush Ė although itís finely milled I have to work a little more than usual to get enough onto the brush, and Iím a bit worried that Iíll use it up quickly. But maybe that is why it looks natural and non-cakey... The colour could be even more yellow-toned for me, and it could have a tad more coverage, but these are moot points since I only use this for matifying during the day and its so sheer. The second "con" is that it doesnít control oil very well at all. Still, I prefer having to pat on powder regularly to the cakey, unnatural look.
So, all in all, would I buy this again? Well, probably not, provided I find something better and/or cheaper. For example I used, and liked, powders from Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani in the past...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Ugh... just not what I expected.
Pros:
- Super classy packaging
- BIG mirror
- really mattifies for 8 hours (NC skin) and causes no blackheads
Cons:
- Not so finely milled (comparing to Lancome's powders for example). Overall, it's good, but hey it's Chanel, I expected more for that money!
- Translucent 2 is not really translucent. Maybe it's just not good over Bobbi's foundation((
- awful, thin, cheap looking puff, which ruins all the impression and always falls out of the box!

4 lippies mostly for packaging. For me it's just a classy looking mirror in the cutest box ever. Won't buy it again.