CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.1

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this quite a while back to use as a setting / touch up powder over my Perfection Lumiere (now discont.) foundation. I was looking through old photos and realize that between that foundation and this powder, my skin looked so pretty and flawless. I will definitely be repurchasing this powder as it's very convenient for travel and touch ups. It works really well, feels nice, and doesn't break me out (like my beloved, yet loathed Studio Fix!). Not a full coverage foundation, more of a setting powder, but does add a little something more than just a setting powder, if that makes sense? Yes, I would recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder to replace my much beloved Clinique Compact powder. The Clinique one got discontinued and I wanted to try something new anyway. So I ran over to the Chanel counter, since I always wanted to try their powders.

I knew I had a winner in my hands, since I had read a lot of reviews on the chanel poudre universelle (loose). However, I like a compact powder better so I went with the compact size.
The powder is extremely fine milled, so you can hardly detect that you're wearing any powder. Also, it lasts all day, doesn't cling to dry patches (I have very dry skin on my cheeks), doesn't make my makeup cakey either. And what I love the most: it doesn't leave my skin completely matte. It leaves a beautiful radiant glow to my skin, which I like - since I have dry skin myself I like anything that can give me a nice, subtle glowy/dewy finish.

Ofcourse the packaging is also very sturdy and luxurious, with a good sized mirror inside. Big hooray for the mirror.

Although it's a pricey product I do feel it's worth the splurge. 15oz goes a looong way.

Actually, I though my Clinique Compacte powder was excellent. But now that I got my hands on chanel's poudre universelle, i'm smitten. Chanel. I'm in love, and I'll keep repurchasing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Wow
I bought it to apply on my t zone over foundation. This is really translucent and finely milled, this is not to give you coverage. It mattified my skin perfectly. Even close up you could not see the powder - and I used A LOT.
Not only that, now (in summer) it stays put all day and my makeup actually looked better when I woke up than when I put it on when I accidentally slept with it on! Perfect!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have quite dry, pale skin, and I was a little put off at the very poor range of shades, but this powder isn't for coverage or colour, and 20 clair does the job for my NC10 skin. It gives a very nice finish, I'd say between pure matte and slightly dewy, depending how much you apply. However, I think it is necessary for you to throw away the little foam pad that comes with it, it seems to take off more makeup than it puts on; go to a chanel counter and ask for a proper powder puff, I did and they gave me a real puff for free. The scent is lovely and the packaging is gorgeous, its my HG finishing powder. 4 lipsticks because I think at some point I'd want to see what else is out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this compact a few days ago and have been using it every day.
First of all, the packaging is exquisite! Absolutely beautiful!
Secondly, I noticed that it does not come with a brush, unlike the powder foundation compacts. This is a shame as the included sponge is not great.
The now to the powder itself. It is a good powder, but nothing amazing. I feel like the finish it leaves on the skin is not as airbrushed as it could be, as the face still LOOKS powdered. You want it too look natural, not like you have applied powder.
Compared to other powders, it is good and of course it is Chanel so know it is of high quality, however, it is not as amazing as I thought it would be.
Will I still use it? of course! It is still better than cheap drugstore brands! but compared to bobbi brown, clinique, la mer and la prairie, it has a lot of improving to do.

on 8/19/2011 3:46:00 PM

Is the only powder that can make my makeup last and my blush stay on throughout the day and without my skin looking dry. I have it in Peche (50) which is perfect for me. I'm not really into pressed powder but this beats my loose Creme de la Mer powder hands down. Excellent.

on 3/19/2011 1:52:00 AM

This powder is light and not for those who are looking for fuller coverage. The subtle shimmer brightens my complexion but is not sparkly. I use my own brush as the pad it comes with is flat and actually sheds, threw it out..color selection is good and finishes/sets my make-up nicely. The slight fragrance is also nice as long as your skin will not react to it.

on 7/22/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder does not melt into your skin - it sits on top of it looking very unnatural. Even when applied lightly with a brush it just doesn't blend well.

on 3/22/2009 3:20:00 PM

Okay I took off 1 lippie because the price of this with tax comes out to about $50. And for package quality I gave this a 3 because for $50 the outside of this compact should be made of some sort of rubber/cushioning material in the event that if it falls to the ground $50 doesn't crumble into a million tiny pieces.
Other than that, this is my HG for powder. I love this stuff. It doesn't make me break out (knocks on wood) and it sits on top of my skin (as opposed to absorbing into my skin and needing to reapply). As the name says, it's translucent to some degree. If you're looking for powder to cake on and make your skin look gross, this IS NOT your powder. This powder will even out your skin a bit and do a fabulous job in covering shine. It lasts a long time, as in hours, and the amount of product lasts a long time too (for me it last about 4-6 months).
I made this my powder a few years ago and never turned back. When I do have to repurchase I *HATE* shelling out $50, but I know this product performs and is always good to me.

on 11/9/2007 7:48:00 AM

A very nice powder. Light, creamy, fine.
I'm not too keen on the colour selection. When I put the powder on it really shows until I blend it in. When set it does however look good and has very decent staying power unlike many powders I've tried before. Though i'm not utterly thrilled I don't think it's likely i'll find a better powder on the market.