CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by hair type : Other
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.1

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

(Minor) Correction: this is 15grams not 15 OUNCES yes I'm sure a pound of powder would go far for me lol. There is what, 454 grams in a pound (don't quote me on that 1)? I just adore this powder. It is the most mattifying powder I have come across. This, MAC studio fix, & MAC blot powder are my fave powders. Seems like I use up powders quickly which sux coz powders are so much $$ so expensive for a good quality 1. I don't like any of the drugstore powders out there. I got myself 20 Beige for xmas it's a perfect match (& an NC20 MAC studiofix compact) so I'm set for powders for now. If you want a good powder check out Chanel & MAC. Beige 20 in Chanel is an NC20 in MAC. The best powders for oily skin are Chanel/MAC. The Cadillac no better powders I've tried! And I'm a major resident greaseball.

on 10/16/2016 6:06:00 PM

I didnt like this at first but I gave it another try after letting it sit on my desk for months untouched, I really love it now, its very light and natural. I use it everyday and you only need the smallest amount, it lasts ages.

on 2/23/2016 7:35:00 AM

Chanel never fails to impress, this powder is another HG product for me! It works beautifully as a setting powder, or can be worn by itself on lazy makeup days/ hot summer days when you can't be bothered with applying a liquid foundation underneath. Didn't use the sponge applicator it came with, but applied using a Real Techniques buffing brush.

on 11/30/2014 9:02:00 PM

Bought this to replace my Estee Lauder lucidity translucent compact powder (which i love and have finish using but have yet to review!) as i wanted to try something else.

I have this in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2, and i used the EL one in 01 Light. I've also reviewed the Maybelline dream matte pressed powder a while ago - now discontinued :(.

The Chanel pressed powder is very finely milled and has a light pleasant scent (compared to EL - heavy scented), and i use this mainly to set my tinted moisturizer. It has only very light coverage, but enough to give my face a radiant finish. Not too matte, and does not tend to cake (unless the tinted moisturizer underneath is applied too thick).

I apply it with my SC Real Techniques' brush and it works well for me. I've discarded the puff which it originally came with as i didn't find it very useful at all.

Lasts almost all day, but my t-zone does stand out at the end of the day because i rarely reapply/touch up my face powder.

In terms of packaging - the Chanel one feels luxurious, has a good sized mirror, plus it contains more powder (15g) even though it is smaller in size compared to the EL one (11.4g).

Really happy using it, and will likely repurchase :)

I love using this after my foundation. Silky matte, kills the oil, and never cakey touch ups.

Edit:
I LOVE THIS ON MY SECOND!!!!!! Never cakey touch ups!!!! And makes your face look flawless. I wear this legit alone to school sometimes and just wear some concealer/corrector. And I look polished.

I was running out of my favorite merle norman luxiva pressed powder and I got this one. This powder is no better than some drugstore brands. Actually I used way better quality cheap powders before (rimmel stay matte, maybelline dream matte). It gives terrible coverage, actually you can powder yourself all day long, it won't cover a thing, it reminded me prestige powder foundation, awful. It applies very weird almost like fluffy starch, finish is terrible, it makes pores look huge, HUGE like this OOOO. Just a couple of minutes after application I looked like a had a jaundice, yep, some powders turn orange, this one turned dark yellow, Chanel couldn't test their powder oxidized? it would be the easiest thing to check, I wonder what do they test then??? so.. unfortunately no healthy glow for me. I got 30 naturel translucent 2. I would not recommend it to anyone. I prefer pressed powders, but if I am not able to find merle on ebay (they don't have an online store) I will use sorme mineral secret loose powder, it's the best loose powder I tried so far, way WAY better than any chanel, dior, lancome or other low/high end powders.

on 12/2/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really nice compact powder, smooth and finely milled and truly mattifies. I would like to try the loose powder version :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: i've had this for over a year, and i can honestly say that i've found better powders: Clinique's almost powder compact, Diorskin Sculpting Powder, and Guerlain meteorites. These all give me a better result that doesn't look like it's sitting on the skin. Plus this Chanel gets oily v quickly, doesn't last longer than 2 hrs, and doesn't set foundation, it comes off easily after a few hrs whereas with other powders it is fine.

t have this in peche. I think it's just ok. Good, not great, setting powder. Lasting power is ok. Everything is adequate but not special enough to justify the price. I'm sure i can find a good, similar powder for less, once i'm done with this.

on 8/19/2011 3:46:00 PM

Is the only powder that can make my makeup last and my blush stay on throughout the day and without my skin looking dry. I have it in Peche (50) which is perfect for me. I'm not really into pressed powder but this beats my loose Creme de la Mer powder hands down. Excellent.

on 12/30/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would give this 3.5 lippies. This is definitely a finishing powder and not a foundation powder because it has only light coverage. This does not have buidable coverage because when you apply too much, it makes skin appear dry and cakey. It does feel very light like others have said.

I have this in 110 Beige Claire which has a very light shimmer that imparts a very natural glow. The shade is equivalent to NC 25 which is a tad light for my NC 30-35 skin. It is good for those with yellow undertones.

When applied with a light hand (I use my ecotools kabuki brush) this gives a soft airbrushed finish to my skin. However, like others have said, you still need concealer unless you have flawless skin because it does not even skin tone well. I have mixed thoughts about this product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It is nice for the days when I don't want to wear too much makeup but it is basically useless for daily use. I would say this has average lasting power, definitely better than Bare Minerals for example. However, this is not recommended for sensitive skin. If I wear this for consecutive days, it makes my skin break out.

This is probably better suited for normal/combination skin types with clear complexions, and those who are not sensitive to most powders.