CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 5/7/2018 3:12:00 PM

This is the best pressed powder I have ever used. Worth every penny, and I don't think it is actually that much more expensive than some of the more mainstream department store brands.

I have never worn foundation, but like to finish with a few brushstrokes of something after moisturizing. I have tried so many brands over the years, but I will never look back! This sets my skin but is not excessively matte. The translucent colour is perfect -- no oxidizing, no dullness, no white cast.

Anyway... if you're researching powders, save yourself the work and buy this one!

on 3/17/2016 7:24:00 AM

I really wanted/expected to love this , however have been slightly disappointed , I found the powder to feel kind of dry and chalky and although it seemed fine milled and sheer if too much was applied it did look chalky , I also found the shade natural 30 although matched my usual powders quite well on my skin after a while it left a patchy orange tint and only in certain places as though it has oxidised , I didn't have any dry patches so it baffled me slightly -found the Mac select sheer powder and Younique mineral pressed powder to be much better they are both much more silky in texture and blend into the skin much better so they are not visible but skin is flawless and matte this one seemed heavier and sat on top of my foundation not really doing much other than giving me an orange tint -it's possibly I may have been better suited to a lighter shade and it may be ok in the summer when I have more of a tan -I'm also yet to try it with a powder brush I've only used the applicator it came with which is pretty rubbish so my opinion may change

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder to replace my much beloved Clinique Compact powder. The Clinique one got discontinued and I wanted to try something new anyway. So I ran over to the Chanel counter, since I always wanted to try their powders.

I knew I had a winner in my hands, since I had read a lot of reviews on the chanel poudre universelle (loose). However, I like a compact powder better so I went with the compact size.
The powder is extremely fine milled, so you can hardly detect that you're wearing any powder. Also, it lasts all day, doesn't cling to dry patches (I have very dry skin on my cheeks), doesn't make my makeup cakey either. And what I love the most: it doesn't leave my skin completely matte. It leaves a beautiful radiant glow to my skin, which I like - since I have dry skin myself I like anything that can give me a nice, subtle glowy/dewy finish.

Ofcourse the packaging is also very sturdy and luxurious, with a good sized mirror inside. Big hooray for the mirror.

Although it's a pricey product I do feel it's worth the splurge. 15oz goes a looong way.

Actually, I though my Clinique Compacte powder was excellent. But now that I got my hands on chanel's poudre universelle, i'm smitten. Chanel. I'm in love, and I'll keep repurchasing!

on 11/30/2014 9:02:00 PM

Bought this to replace my Estee Lauder lucidity translucent compact powder (which i love and have finish using but have yet to review!) as i wanted to try something else.

I have this in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2, and i used the EL one in 01 Light. I've also reviewed the Maybelline dream matte pressed powder a while ago - now discontinued :(.

The Chanel pressed powder is very finely milled and has a light pleasant scent (compared to EL - heavy scented), and i use this mainly to set my tinted moisturizer. It has only very light coverage, but enough to give my face a radiant finish. Not too matte, and does not tend to cake (unless the tinted moisturizer underneath is applied too thick).

I apply it with my SC Real Techniques' brush and it works well for me. I've discarded the puff which it originally came with as i didn't find it very useful at all.

Lasts almost all day, but my t-zone does stand out at the end of the day because i rarely reapply/touch up my face powder.

In terms of packaging - the Chanel one feels luxurious, has a good sized mirror, plus it contains more powder (15g) even though it is smaller in size compared to the EL one (11.4g).

Really happy using it, and will likely repurchase :)

on 8/11/2014 12:55:00 AM

I really love this powder! It's really light and you don't even feel it on your skin. I can't speak for people with dry skin, but I have acne prone skin, so i tend to wear heavier foundation and concealer and this powder seamlessly ties everything in together and sets it. I would definitely purchase this again. I would say that I probably only get about 8 hours worth of wear out of the powder, so if I'm going out afterwork, I will have to touch it up. The only downside is that there are only about four shades. I have light-medium skin tone, so I wear 30-Naturel. But it may not be much of an issue because it's fairly translucent. I would recommend using a lighter hand than heavier hand with this, as if you put on too much, as your face gets oily during the day, it will start to move and "pool" in areas, like around your nose. This powder is pretty good at keeping the oil at bay for about 4 hours, then I have to start to blot around my t-zone. This compact does come with a little powder puff sponge thing, but I find it cheap and useless...I just keep it in the compact to protect the mirror from the powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Wow
I bought it to apply on my t zone over foundation. This is really translucent and finely milled, this is not to give you coverage. It mattified my skin perfectly. Even close up you could not see the powder - and I used A LOT.
Not only that, now (in summer) it stays put all day and my makeup actually looked better when I woke up than when I put it on when I accidentally slept with it on! Perfect!

on 9/16/2013 4:53:00 PM

hello i am loving this powder since i tried it out Chanel counter in Debenhams and i wanted a powder to touch up on but that would not cause cakey finish or give me reaction as my skins is sensitive but combination type skin. i love the look of it and that it compact with mirror. i got disocunt with my Debenhams beauty card cause i bought the Chanel rouge coco shine hydrating lip shine in chic. when i had it applied on my skin you couldent tell that i am wearing powder and it matches with my skin perfectly i got this in natural translucent 2. But am loving it already . i have had maybelline fitme compact powder and rimmel stay matte powder .

I love using this after my foundation. Silky matte, kills the oil, and never cakey touch ups.

Edit:
I LOVE THIS ON MY SECOND!!!!!! Never cakey touch ups!!!! And makes your face look flawless. I wear this legit alone to school sometimes and just wear some concealer/corrector. And I look polished.

on 1/24/2013 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Shade 20 Clair for my NC25-30 skin. I was looking for a sheer pressed powder for touchups. This mattifies, making my skin look poreless and radiant (due to very slight sheen of the powder). I like that it is not dead matte. Luxurious packaging typical of Chanel but the puff is really lacking. Overall a very beautiful, finely-milled powder that gives me a soft-focus glow (healthy and luminous; not oily).

on 6/18/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This does not give any coverage, but mattifies, which is what I think a powder should do. You cannot see any powder on the skin, so finely milled is this stuff, just natural-looking matteness. I had no idea my powders before this were so ashy until I started using it!
One little gripe is that the applicator it comes with is not so great, which it should be for something designed to be applied on-the-go; I don't want to carry a brush too all day. Also would have liked a separate compartment for the applicator, as in NARS powder foundation, but that may have upset the proportions of the beautiful packaging...
Definitely expensive, but it just feels so luxurious to use...