CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Wow
I bought it to apply on my t zone over foundation. This is really translucent and finely milled, this is not to give you coverage. It mattified my skin perfectly. Even close up you could not see the powder - and I used A LOT.
Not only that, now (in summer) it stays put all day and my makeup actually looked better when I woke up than when I put it on when I accidentally slept with it on! Perfect!

on 1/11/2012 10:46:00 AM

This is an awesome pressed powder! But on the expensive side though. The powder is really very fine! I've used MAC mineralize skinfinish, and its even finer than that! Helps my foundation to last long and i don't have to blot throughout the whole day. The current one that i'm using has hit pan already. Will be getting it again very soon!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: i've had this for over a year, and i can honestly say that i've found better powders: Clinique's almost powder compact, Diorskin Sculpting Powder, and Guerlain meteorites. These all give me a better result that doesn't look like it's sitting on the skin. Plus this Chanel gets oily v quickly, doesn't last longer than 2 hrs, and doesn't set foundation, it comes off easily after a few hrs whereas with other powders it is fine.

t have this in peche. I think it's just ok. Good, not great, setting powder. Lasting power is ok. Everything is adequate but not special enough to justify the price. I'm sure i can find a good, similar powder for less, once i'm done with this.

on 9/6/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great setting powder especially for delicate areas like the under eye. Does not settleinto lines or creases. I use translucent which has a slightly lightening effect, thus perfect for the under eye area. Would not buy again as I found cheaper alternatives.

on 1/22/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one great powder. Every powder I have tried so far (name it... every one of them!) haven't gave me a matte look all day long. I always got oily T zone aroung mid-day, and in the afternoon too. With Chanel's powder, my skin was matte (but not cakey!) and fresh all day long. I chose a darker color then I would have picked normally, because I was looking for a powder with very little coverage, just not transparent. I have translucent 2 (I am MAC NC20) and the color is a perfect match. I really like this powder and strongly suggest it for oily-combo skins.

on 1/3/2010 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG and a permanent resident in my handbag!!!!

The packaging just oozes luxury (important 'face' factor here!!!!)
The powder itself just works wonders: matte but not 'funeral parlor matte', glowing pigments that look awesome on picture (like most Chanel foundations/powders), lasts for a long time.
Smell is pleasant too.
Doesn't irritate or make my very sensitive eyes water!
Will definitelly repurchase!!!!

Out of curiosity, how does it compare to Bobbi Brown compact powder!?!??!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for years and had been satisfied up until recently. For some reason, I have the lightest translucent but it becomes mask-like on me and is sitting more and more in my pores and creates a mask of lines all over the place. Some would say that I am getting older, but without makeup my skin is smooth and when I use Dior or Guerlain, my skin is pretty, so it must be the product. The colour is a little too dark for me now, even in the lightest shade, and I am very unhappy with the result now. I don't know if the formula was changed - I bought two about a year apart and I am having trouble with both of them! So, I am afraid that Chanel has finally almost completely lost me after being a long-time customer (over 20 years). I am very happy with Dior and with Guerlain's pressed powders - they give me the light and luminescence I am searching for without turning into a strange mask. I still give it a 4 because I was very happy with this product for a long, long time, so the mark needs to reflect that, but I wouldn't repurchase again anymore. boo hoo

on 8/22/2008 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This powder gives me just the right amount of coverage - light and effective. Most powders either appear "cakey" on my skin right after application and/or later in the day. Every time I use this one however, the shiney face is gone, make up stays set, and you can't even tell that I'm wearing it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried LM's Loose Translucent Powder and MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish Powder in Light Medium and Chanel's pressed powder makes my skin look matte and gives great coverage. It doesn't dry out my skin like other powders and it lasts pretty long too. I still need to do touch ups during the day, but this powder is of high quality. Real pricey too.

on 7/25/2007 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another HG from Chanel. This translucent powder gives me an amazing airbrushed look. I apply with a skunk brush so I can use just a little to get great coverage that I use to set foundation. I use it over creme or powder foundation and it never cakes or looks chalky. I've used many HE translucent powders (Laura Mercier, Stila, T. LeClerc, Shiseido, Cle de Peau) and this is up there with the best of them, and better than most of them. The packaging is the average chanel thing -black plastic, black pouch, and non-refillable, which I hate!!!