CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

3.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this compact a few days ago and have been using it every day.
First of all, the packaging is exquisite! Absolutely beautiful!
Secondly, I noticed that it does not come with a brush, unlike the powder foundation compacts. This is a shame as the included sponge is not great.
The now to the powder itself. It is a good powder, but nothing amazing. I feel like the finish it leaves on the skin is not as airbrushed as it could be, as the face still LOOKS powdered. You want it too look natural, not like you have applied powder.
Compared to other powders, it is good and of course it is Chanel so know it is of high quality, however, it is not as amazing as I thought it would be.
Will I still use it? of course! It is still better than cheap drugstore brands! but compared to bobbi brown, clinique, la mer and la prairie, it has a lot of improving to do.

on 8/2/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:

+ Translucent
+ Doesn't cake up or settle into pores; great for touchups & setting foundation
+ Gives a natural look
+ Good color selection (though the color is very light since the powder is translucent)
+ Compact design is very attractive

Cons:

- Doesn't control oil well
- Hard to keep the puff inside on top of the plastic cover
- Puff itself isn't too great
- Mirror only opens up to 90 degrees
- Expensive
- Contains talc

I've been using this powder with my Chanel Mat Lumiere fluid foundation I've been trying out. While I like the powder itself, I don't see the justification in paying $44 for something that doesn't perform any better than MAC Blot Powder (which is $22). I also didn't expect such a luxury product to contain talc, especially since MAC Blot Powder contains no talc and is half the price. The colors are slightly better than MAC because they have more yellow in them IMO, but considering they're both translucent powders, it doesn't make that much of a difference. I wanted to love this powder, but it isn't very remarkable. I'll give it a little longer and try it with a different foundation, but I don't think it'll perform any better. I think if you have normal to combo skin, it would be a good product to try out. continued >>