CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin type : Normal
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this quite a while back to use as a setting / touch up powder over my Perfection Lumiere (now discont.) foundation. I was looking through old photos and realize that between that foundation and this powder, my skin looked so pretty and flawless. I will definitely be repurchasing this powder as it's very convenient for travel and touch ups. It works really well, feels nice, and doesn't break me out (like my beloved, yet loathed Studio Fix!). Not a full coverage foundation, more of a setting powder, but does add a little something more than just a setting powder, if that makes sense? Yes, I would recommend.

on 11/30/2014 9:02:00 PM

Bought this to replace my Estee Lauder lucidity translucent compact powder (which i love and have finish using but have yet to review!) as i wanted to try something else.

I have this in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2, and i used the EL one in 01 Light. I've also reviewed the Maybelline dream matte pressed powder a while ago - now discontinued :(.

The Chanel pressed powder is very finely milled and has a light pleasant scent (compared to EL - heavy scented), and i use this mainly to set my tinted moisturizer. It has only very light coverage, but enough to give my face a radiant finish. Not too matte, and does not tend to cake (unless the tinted moisturizer underneath is applied too thick).

I apply it with my SC Real Techniques' brush and it works well for me. I've discarded the puff which it originally came with as i didn't find it very useful at all.

Lasts almost all day, but my t-zone does stand out at the end of the day because i rarely reapply/touch up my face powder.

In terms of packaging - the Chanel one feels luxurious, has a good sized mirror, plus it contains more powder (15g) even though it is smaller in size compared to the EL one (11.4g).

Really happy using it, and will likely repurchase :)

on 8/11/2014 12:55:00 AM

I really love this powder! It's really light and you don't even feel it on your skin. I can't speak for people with dry skin, but I have acne prone skin, so i tend to wear heavier foundation and concealer and this powder seamlessly ties everything in together and sets it. I would definitely purchase this again. I would say that I probably only get about 8 hours worth of wear out of the powder, so if I'm going out afterwork, I will have to touch it up. The only downside is that there are only about four shades. I have light-medium skin tone, so I wear 30-Naturel. But it may not be much of an issue because it's fairly translucent. I would recommend using a lighter hand than heavier hand with this, as if you put on too much, as your face gets oily during the day, it will start to move and "pool" in areas, like around your nose. This powder is pretty good at keeping the oil at bay for about 4 hours, then I have to start to blot around my t-zone. This compact does come with a little powder puff sponge thing, but I find it cheap and useless...I just keep it in the compact to protect the mirror from the powder.

on 10/24/2013 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love a dewy finish and this is the only powder I have ever used that doesnt kill your dewy finish. I use it over bb cream.
The packaging is pretty, but not that good. I dropped it one time and it broke, but it only took a minute to put it back together.
I use this with my sephora #43 synthetic powder brush which is great because it doesnt waste too much powder.

on 6/18/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This does not give any coverage, but mattifies, which is what I think a powder should do. You cannot see any powder on the skin, so finely milled is this stuff, just natural-looking matteness. I had no idea my powders before this were so ashy until I started using it!
One little gripe is that the applicator it comes with is not so great, which it should be for something designed to be applied on-the-go; I don't want to carry a brush too all day. Also would have liked a separate compartment for the applicator, as in NARS powder foundation, but that may have upset the proportions of the beautiful packaging...
Definitely expensive, but it just feels so luxurious to use...

on 1/29/2012 8:59:00 PM

Brilliant! Gives the perfect amount of coverage over their foundation. Keeps my skin from getting oily. I probably apply it twice a day and it does the job. It's a bit expensive, but totally worth it!

on 9/29/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

EDIT 11/15/11: Completely redid my review AGAIN. Brought down from 4 lippies to 2.

Had this in the new shade Muscade. Was annoyed that at Nordstrom it cost $10 more than the other shades ($55), when it doesn't have that price bump on Chanel's site. Included puff is laughably useless, so I used a brush. The powder is hard and not easy to pick up onto a brush, but it's translucent, left an airbrushed finish and controlled oil decently well. After a month of use I realized to my horror that a hard crust was developing on top of the powder, and that it must've come from the oil on my face. Despite the fact that I always blotted before applying, and again used a brush that I wiped clean afterwards and washed every other day. Eww! Returned for the loose powder (I bought 40 Dore). NC44/Nars Tahoe/Perfection Lumiere BA34 for reference.

on 1/31/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Chanel, being Chanel, produced another item of impeccable quality. I got this in 50 peche, which matches my skin tone perfectly. It comes with a powder puff- although I wouldnt go so far to call it a puff as it is quite flat.
The powder isn't heavy at all and has sheer shimmer in it which doesnt show up on the skin at all. It also has a subtle scent- Chance by Chanel, maybe? If you want a heavier coverage dont pick this- but if you want it just for touch-ups (T-zone especially) it is perfect. And its very compact so great on the go.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The amazing thing about this powder is that it doesn't even feel like you're applying powder to your face (in the traditional sense). It's so light-weight, feels like nothing, yet it does a decent job of mattifying the skin. Also, I've had my compact for two years and I still have half of the powder left. I have this in Shade 02, and it has warm undertones, but only slightly. I like that it comes with a velvet pouch, so that I can throw it in my purse without being afraid of damaging the compact. It has a faint scent, and the compact is sturdy. The finish is also very natural and matte. It's $54 CDN, but I would highly recommend it, because it lasts a long time (if you don't use it obsessively!)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've had this powder for a REALLY long time now, and after so many years of having it, I've finally hit pan, which is really upsetting since this is my holy grail powder.
It sets foundation/tinted moisturizer (in my case) perfectly and it gives a nice matte finish. I especially love it because it gives a really soft look and it doesn't make your face look cakey AT ALL.
I just really love it and i think it's definitely worth it.