CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin type : Other
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.6

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

(Minor) Correction: this is 15grams not 15 OUNCES yes I'm sure a pound of powder would go far for me lol. There is what, 454 grams in a pound (don't quote me on that 1)? I just adore this powder. It is the most mattifying powder I have come across. This, MAC studio fix, & MAC blot powder are my fave powders. Seems like I use up powders quickly which sux coz powders are so much $$ so expensive for a good quality 1. I don't like any of the drugstore powders out there. I got myself 20 Beige for xmas it's a perfect match (& an NC20 MAC studiofix compact) so I'm set for powders for now. If you want a good powder check out Chanel & MAC. Beige 20 in Chanel is an NC20 in MAC. The best powders for oily skin are Chanel/MAC. The Cadillac no better powders I've tried! And I'm a major resident greaseball.

I really like this pressed powder for touch ups. It's a really fine milled powder, even more fine than MAC powders. When you apply it, you don't see it at all, it will just mattify the face and add a touch of luminosity. It's very natural looking. It really helps my foundation last a little longer. I don't use this to set my foundation however, I use MAC careblend pressed powder in light for the initial set. I will then use Chanel for touch ups.

I use number 30 which is perfect but number 20 also works although 20 is a fraction too light. I am NC 20 in MAC foundations. It costs $88 AUD for 15g which is grossly expensive but it's worth it. And since i only use it for touch ups, i won't go through it as quickly as my MAC careblend powder.

on 8/6/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this powder for a while, but could not justify the price. My bf was heading back to Canada from Vegas and bought it for me for $40 US. After trying MAC mineral pressed powder and MAC studio fix, this is my HG. It honestly does not compare to anything I've ever used before. I didn't even take any lippies off for price, because you get what pay for. It goes on a little light, but after a few minutes my skin looks so matte, smooth, just perfect.

Take a chance and purchase it, any Chanel counter will take it back if you don't like it. If you are unsure, ask first.

on 3/1/2008 10:03:00 AM

Nice quality but crappy color selections for those of us who are truly pale. I purchased the translucent one and unfortunately it was too dark on me and turned my face orange. (please note that in Macy's the lighting made this look very pale and natural on me, but of course the real test is seeing this in natural light.) What pissed me off even more is that I left the receipt and box in a bag which was unknown to me thrown out the same night that I purchased this powder, so the next morning when I saw that I was transformed into a oompa loompa, I could not even return this powder as the trashmen had already picked up my bags ....... so pissed especially because I am now out $45!!!!!! I was also annoyed that for all that money, Chanel includes a plastic like piece of material which they try to pass off as a powder puff ...... normally Chanel includes nice brushes with their blushes and even my Rosee powder, but yet this pressed powder did not receive the same courtesy.

on 1/9/2006 11:54:00 PM

Beautiful, Light, SHEER Powder!!!! I love this powder. It looks so natural and gives you a Healthy Skin Glow!!! It makes your skin look flawless without looking like you have a makeup-mask on! I bought it off of the Internet and it was pretty cheap compared to buying in the Dept. Store. Will buy it AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!

on 11/9/2005 7:58:00 PM

I love how light the powder is.it makes me look like I dont have any powder on me, yet it makes my skin even toned. Just dont like the puff comes with it and the plastic seperator. For price like this, I think they should offer better packaging. Overall, I think i will buy it again.

on 6/5/2005 12:47:00 PM

I recently purchased this powder, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I had been recommeded to buy this by several other MUA members, thankfully I listened.

This powder is fantastic, its not to heavy like some powders and sits really nicely on my pale skin. It looks beautfiful, unlike many other powders that are too heavy and have that chalk like apperance. I was using Lancome, but thankfully I changed. This powder really sets my foundation off nicely.

The packaging is nothing special, classic black chanel. I wasnt to impressed with the powder puff that was included, but that can easily be replaced.

Overall this product is the best powder I have purchased, it will last a long time, so I guess I can justify spending $42 on it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely powder!!! Well worth the splurge!

on 9/29/2004 8:01:00 PM

This is a great powder for 1) shine control if you have great bare skin to start with 2) perfecting foundation look. The small puff that comes with it can serve no function but a separator between mirror and powder itself. I use a sisley touch up brush. The look is very natural and does not interfere with your makeup or your bare face, only slightly perfecting it. Just beware it won't change much of what you have beneath.

Chanel is the only line I've ever used when it come to powders. Although the name of the powders have changed over the years, its clean, natural, light coverage is constant. My face is a bit oily and this makeup works well as I've never been a fan of using foundation. A bit of dusting and I'm ready to go with a polished look. The packaging is classic and understated. Love it all around.