CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I purchased this quite a while back to use as a setting / touch up powder over my Perfection Lumiere (now discont.) foundation. I was looking through old photos and realize that between that foundation and this powder, my skin looked so pretty and flawless. I will definitely be repurchasing this powder as it's very convenient for travel and touch ups. It works really well, feels nice, and doesn't break me out (like my beloved, yet loathed Studio Fix!). Not a full coverage foundation, more of a setting powder, but does add a little something more than just a setting powder, if that makes sense? Yes, I would recommend.

on 10/16/2016 6:06:00 PM

I didnt like this at first but I gave it another try after letting it sit on my desk for months untouched, I really love it now, its very light and natural. I use it everyday and you only need the smallest amount, it lasts ages.

First up, isn't the packaging gorgeous? Sorry, couldn't resist putting it out there first! :)

The product inside is as lovely as the packaging itself, i picked this up at duty free in haste as I just realized I had forgotten to pack a setting powder just before heading back to see my grandma - one needs to look good for grandmas!

It certainly isn't the most amazing mattifying setting powder - it only keeps the oilies at bay for around 4 hours - a standard product in my books as I have yet to find that one product that keeps me looking shine-free all day.

However, it does give more than regular setting powders. It has more dimension that the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - this one does keep me looking matte and sometimes a tad flat if I overdo my powder, something I do quite often, unfortunately. Im that crazy powder lady.

It is very finely milled, so finely milled that it is practically undetectable on the skin upon application. It sets my makeup well, doesn't leave me looking ghostly despite me layering it on - crazy powder lady at it again - and just makes me look good.

I rarely repurchase powders as they last quite a while and I love trying out new stuff, but this is something I will repurchase over and over because it just works beautifully.

on 6/10/2014 2:42:00 PM

This product has literally changed my life. I got it as a gift from my dad, in shade 507 Rose Blossom. Although it looks pinky/ salmony colour, it is actually very transfluent with shimmers. It makes my skin very matt, and lasts all day. Great packaging, in love with all chanel make up. The product lasts for ages - I use it every day, since January and i still have 1/3 of the product left. It is very expensive but it is definately worth it.

on 6/4/2014 1:15:00 AM

Iv'e been alternating this chanel powder with my powder stash for 18 months, so feel I have given it a good go. It does have a nice consistency in that it does not leave you looking chalky and powdery looking, however on my normal/combo skin I still need to touch up once during the day and again if I'm going out at night with the same make-up on.

I have found for me the best way to apply this and get the longest results from it are with a smaller or denser brush - current favs being RT Contour Brush and RT Expert Face Brush to really buff it in for the really smooth look this powder is capable of achieving.

On my NC15 skin 20 Clair is a perfect match - even though this powder is not translucent, more a slight creamy colour it does not add colour to your skin.

I won't repurchase because of the price, I think for less money or the same money there are nicer powders out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have quite dry, pale skin, and I was a little put off at the very poor range of shades, but this powder isn't for coverage or colour, and 20 clair does the job for my NC10 skin. It gives a very nice finish, I'd say between pure matte and slightly dewy, depending how much you apply. However, I think it is necessary for you to throw away the little foam pad that comes with it, it seems to take off more makeup than it puts on; go to a chanel counter and ask for a proper powder puff, I did and they gave me a real puff for free. The scent is lovely and the packaging is gorgeous, its my HG finishing powder. 4 lipsticks because I think at some point I'd want to see what else is out there.

I had my first compact from Chanel together with the Perfection Lumiere as a birthday present. I love this powder. The packaging is so lovely and elegant that I sometimes take it out just to adore it. The powder is very very fine and its almost translucent. It doesn't give you a super matte and powdery finish, in fact, the finish is rather velvety and soft. I found it better to apply with a kabuki brush or tapered powder brush than using the sponge supplied. The only down side of the powder is, due to its very fine texture, and when you apply with a brush, you really have to make sure the brush does not have any oil or liquid stuck on it (from your face or makeup) as it tends to clump and dry to patches if your brush is not completely dry (well the dry patched can be removed by cellotype so it is not the end of the world). Overall, I have a feeling I have just found the powder for life (yup, this is how much I love it!)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this compact a few days ago and have been using it every day.
First of all, the packaging is exquisite! Absolutely beautiful!
Secondly, I noticed that it does not come with a brush, unlike the powder foundation compacts. This is a shame as the included sponge is not great.
The now to the powder itself. It is a good powder, but nothing amazing. I feel like the finish it leaves on the skin is not as airbrushed as it could be, as the face still LOOKS powdered. You want it too look natural, not like you have applied powder.
Compared to other powders, it is good and of course it is Chanel so know it is of high quality, however, it is not as amazing as I thought it would be.
Will I still use it? of course! It is still better than cheap drugstore brands! but compared to bobbi brown, clinique, la mer and la prairie, it has a lot of improving to do.

I was running out of my favorite merle norman luxiva pressed powder and I got this one. This powder is no better than some drugstore brands. Actually I used way better quality cheap powders before (rimmel stay matte, maybelline dream matte). It gives terrible coverage, actually you can powder yourself all day long, it won't cover a thing, it reminded me prestige powder foundation, awful. It applies very weird almost like fluffy starch, finish is terrible, it makes pores look huge, HUGE like this OOOO. Just a couple of minutes after application I looked like a had a jaundice, yep, some powders turn orange, this one turned dark yellow, Chanel couldn't test their powder oxidized? it would be the easiest thing to check, I wonder what do they test then??? so.. unfortunately no healthy glow for me. I got 30 naturel translucent 2. I would not recommend it to anyone. I prefer pressed powders, but if I am not able to find merle on ebay (they don't have an online store) I will use sorme mineral secret loose powder, it's the best loose powder I tried so far, way WAY better than any chanel, dior, lancome or other low/high end powders.

on 1/11/2012 10:46:00 AM

This is an awesome pressed powder! But on the expensive side though. The powder is really very fine! I've used MAC mineralize skinfinish, and its even finer than that! Helps my foundation to last long and i don't have to blot throughout the whole day. The current one that i'm using has hit pan already. Will be getting it again very soon!