CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

Filtered by skin tone : Other
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

(Minor) Correction: this is 15grams not 15 OUNCES yes I'm sure a pound of powder would go far for me lol. There is what, 454 grams in a pound (don't quote me on that 1)? I just adore this powder. It is the most mattifying powder I have come across. This, MAC studio fix, & MAC blot powder are my fave powders. Seems like I use up powders quickly which sux coz powders are so much $$ so expensive for a good quality 1. I don't like any of the drugstore powders out there. I got myself 20 Beige for xmas it's a perfect match (& an NC20 MAC studiofix compact) so I'm set for powders for now. If you want a good powder check out Chanel & MAC. Beige 20 in Chanel is an NC20 in MAC. The best powders for oily skin are Chanel/MAC. The Cadillac no better powders I've tried! And I'm a major resident greaseball.

Pros:
- Comes with a cute velvet pouch
- Chic black compact with Chanel logo on top
- Very finely milled powder
- Fits my skintone very well (I'm NC30 and I use 30 Naturel ; Translucent 2)
- Feels like I put NOTHING on my face
Cons:
- The plastic material the compact is made of is not as great as I thought it SHOULD be.
- Compact is prone to fingerprints and can get greasy and SLIPPERY! I bought this from the Chanel counter and opened it up at work a few hours later to powder my face and the compact slipped right out of my hand which leads to my next con...
- The rim around the powder almost popped off the first time I dropped it. I would've been very very mad if it broke completely but thankfully I pushed it back in and it's like-new again
- Compact attracts lint
- Expensive!! $46 at Bloomingdale's
- Doesn't control oil any better than my MSF does

on 3/20/2010 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

My HG compact powder. Gives you a natural finish (not "powdery") and allows you a number of touch-ups without ever becoming cakey.

on 9/11/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in DORE 3 and I love this. I set my cream to powder with it and use it as a touch up powder through the day. I used to use Chanel's Double Perfection til they reformulated and it never was the same, but they have the best quality ingredients and this is the same as a blotting powder, but so much better. I need only touch up maybe once or twice with this in the Las Vegas heat!

on 12/16/2004 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is very finely milled and, of couse, comes is a gorgeous compact. However, they only have 3 shades in Canada and it's fragranced which my skin didn't agree with. For the money, i wasn't too impressed.

on 10/4/2003 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm glad that I looked the price up online before running to the store to try/purchase/fall in love with this silky, finely milled powder that fits nicely between good coverage and letting your natural skin show through because otherwise I would have fainted when I looked at the reciept. $42 + tax is undoubtably high, but this is also an undoubtably amazing powder! Im not sure if its the powder or my new face mask [I suspect both], but my skin definately has a different [better] look to it!