CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte

CHANEL Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

I was running out of my favorite merle norman luxiva pressed powder and I got this one. This powder is no better than some drugstore brands. Actually I used way better quality cheap powders before (rimmel stay matte, maybelline dream matte). It gives terrible coverage, actually you can powder yourself all day long, it won't cover a thing, it reminded me prestige powder foundation, awful. It applies very weird almost like fluffy starch, finish is terrible, it makes pores look huge, HUGE like this OOOO. Just a couple of minutes after application I looked like a had a jaundice, yep, some powders turn orange, this one turned dark yellow, Chanel couldn't test their powder oxidized? it would be the easiest thing to check, I wonder what do they test then??? so.. unfortunately no healthy glow for me. I got 30 naturel translucent 2. I would not recommend it to anyone. I prefer pressed powders, but if I am not able to find merle on ebay (they don't have an online store) I will use sorme mineral secret loose powder, it's the best loose powder I tried so far, way WAY better than any chanel, dior, lancome or other low/high end powders.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased this powder in Translucent Sun because I wanted a powder with yellow tones in it to give me that slight warm glow for the winter since Im super pale. The color is gorgeus and thats about it.
I was extremely disappointed after applying this powder which looked very heavy and it looked like it was sitting on top of my makeup, I dont mind looking made up but this looked absolutely absurd, I gave it so many chances trying it over different foundations,primers, you name it, and it still looked awful, after all it is Chanel and paying top dollar ($45) you expect the best of the best. Due to this bad experience I will just stick with Chanel's glosses which are unbeatable, and I will steer clear of any powders, foundations, etc. I will continue to stick with my HG powder Lucidity from EL.

on 7/22/2010 6:43:00 AM

UPDATE: I've had this for a while now and I never reach for it. It just doesn't do anything any more. It doesn't mattify. Expensive rubbish, reduced to 1 lippy for the nice packaging. (contrary to the Mat Lumiere foundation which is wonderful). **** This is a good powder, but Iím not convinced itís worth the price (around 35 euros). For that price it really has to be more than just "good".
First, the compact. Indeed it is very chic and has a large mirror, but unfortunately the lid only opens 90 degrees so itís less than functional. The ďpuffĒ is laughable, really, itís so bad. I apply the powder with a big fluffy brush though a kabuki would be better (I donít have my kabuki at the moment, long story...).
So the powder itself. I was looking for something light, translucent mainly for matifying my t-zone during the day Ė although since Iíve run out of loose powder Iím temporarily using this to set my foundation too (Chanel Mat Lumiere). It certainly does that job. On my skin - ML in 20 Clair during the winter, now using it mixed with a tad of bronzing gel - this powder in shade Translucent 02 is virtually sheer, unless applied excessively. There is no "powdery" finish, just a nice, natural matte look. It doesnít cake on reapplication.
Any cons? Apart from the ridiculous price, the powder is sort of difficult to get onto the brush Ė although itís finely milled I have to work a little more than usual to get enough onto the brush, and Iím a bit worried that Iíll use it up quickly. But maybe that is why it looks natural and non-cakey... The colour could be even more yellow-toned for me, and it could have a tad more coverage, but these are moot points since I only use this for matifying during the day and its so sheer. The second "con" is that it doesnít control oil very well at all. Still, I prefer having to pat on powder regularly to the cakey, unnatural look.
So, all in all, would I buy this again? Well, probably not, provided I find something better and/or cheaper. For example I used, and liked, powders from Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani in the past...

on 7/22/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder does not melt into your skin - it sits on top of it looking very unnatural. Even when applied lightly with a brush it just doesn't blend well.

on 3/1/2008 10:03:00 AM

Nice quality but crappy color selections for those of us who are truly pale. I purchased the translucent one and unfortunately it was too dark on me and turned my face orange. (please note that in Macy's the lighting made this look very pale and natural on me, but of course the real test is seeing this in natural light.) What pissed me off even more is that I left the receipt and box in a bag which was unknown to me thrown out the same night that I purchased this powder, so the next morning when I saw that I was transformed into a oompa loompa, I could not even return this powder as the trashmen had already picked up my bags ....... so pissed especially because I am now out $45!!!!!! I was also annoyed that for all that money, Chanel includes a plastic like piece of material which they try to pass off as a powder puff ...... normally Chanel includes nice brushes with their blushes and even my Rosee powder, but yet this pressed powder did not receive the same courtesy.

on 11/20/2005 4:35:00 PM

I am not much of a pressed powder expert but this is the worst of the 5 I have used. The packaging is so small and it is really dry somehow. I have used Rimmel, Clarins, Yves Rocher and Oriflame pressed powders. Small amount, expensive and not good not so silky and nice as the other ones. I was mostly disappointed with the packaging. Clarins one was really good.

I had to return it. I really wanted to like it but it dried my combo skin out and I applied it lightly, with a brush. I hated how old and wrinkly it made my skin look (I'm in my twenties). The shade was beautiful (translucent sun) but the powder kept settling into my pores and it was obvious on my face. I'm very disappointed with it, I guess I expected so much more from Chanel and for $46.

on 3/17/2016 7:24:00 AM

I really wanted/expected to love this , however have been slightly disappointed , I found the powder to feel kind of dry and chalky and although it seemed fine milled and sheer if too much was applied it did look chalky , I also found the shade natural 30 although matched my usual powders quite well on my skin after a while it left a patchy orange tint and only in certain places as though it has oxidised , I didn't have any dry patches so it baffled me slightly -found the Mac select sheer powder and Younique mineral pressed powder to be much better they are both much more silky in texture and blend into the skin much better so they are not visible but skin is flawless and matte this one seemed heavier and sat on top of my foundation not really doing much other than giving me an orange tint -it's possibly I may have been better suited to a lighter shade and it may be ok in the summer when I have more of a tan -I'm also yet to try it with a powder brush I've only used the applicator it came with which is pretty rubbish so my opinion may change

on 1/21/2014 8:10:00 PM

I want to start by letting you know that I love Chanel makeup. This powder has a gorgeous finish but does NOTHING for oil control if you have oily skin/combination skin.

I bought this a while ago and forgot about it because I stopped using it. I recently got a new primer and have been searching reviews for a great compact finishing powder... well, unfortunately this is not it. I think I went 4 hours without my T-zone being a disaster! I usually go a good 8 hrs before it's somewhat oily. I havent been as oily as I was the day I used this powder in, I cant even remember when. If you dont have oily skin you will LOVE this. I'm still annoyed that this doesnt work for me...

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Does not cover well at all, doesn't even seem like applied when it is applied.