Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte

Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time I can remember wanting makeup was when I was about 7, eating luch with my grandmother. I saw a business woman in the tea room, chicly powdering her nose with a chanel compact. I've wanted one ever since. I purchased my first one in a Nordies GWP event, sure that after 11 years anticipation I would surely be disappointed.
I have severe combo skin; shiny in the T-zone and chin, but dry as the Sahara everywhere else. This powder is fabulous. It mattifies my oilies, without drying my skin out.
The puff included is the most functional of it's kind I've ever seen, with a soft, fluffy side for blotting and a nubbier side for more coverage. It's quite sheer, so if you're looking for a foundation, I would try one of the other powders in the brand.
However, as a pressed blotting powder, it is amazing. When I powder my nose, I don't feel like I'm sopping up an oil slick. I feel like that chic business lady powdering her nose in a tea room.

on 3/13/2005 11:03:00 AM

I love this pressed powder. I have this in Translucent Sun. It just blends right into my skin, making it hard to tell I'm wearing powder. It is very sheer and light so I wouldn't say it has a great deal of coverage, but it sets my foundation, and that's all I need it to do. I have another favorite, Clarins in the Transparent color. It gives a bit more coverage, but for me the color match is a little better with Chanel's. Both are wonderful powders that don't settle into lines in my 50's skin. For reference these are other powders I have tried- Lancome Photogenic (Chalky) Bobbi Brown (Not sheer enough) Borghese (no color matches) Estee Lauder (no color matches)Dior (nice texture, but not yellow enough) Siseido (too pink or turns orangey)& many others too numerous to remember. My coloring is very light with yellow undertones.

I've been using this for just over a year, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I use 20 Claire- translucent 1, and it's perfect for my NC20-ish pale yellow asian skin. (I didn't have a trouble with finding the right shade) I'll defintely buy this again. I have to say it's one of the best in the market. Great quality, reasonable price for 15g (most other brands are around or less than 10g), lovely packaging..It's my HG powder.

QUALITY
The powder is very fine, and it doens't look cakey no matter how much you layer it on. I ditched the sponge that came with it and use it with either a retractable brush and sometimes with another sponge applicator. You can apply lightly to maintain a healthy glowing skin while blotting away excess oil, or more heavily for a matte, satiny finish. And it's not drying at all for my normal skin. It never made me break out and lasts reasonably well. It has a typical fragrance to it, not strong or gross at all, which I quite like.
Oh, the coverage isn't too high since it's a translucent powder, but it evens out your skin tone and covers pores makes your skin look smooth.

PRICE
The price can be a little expensive, but compared to the amount (15g), which is way more than what most HE powders contain, and the amazing quality I think that poudre universelle compacte is absolutely worth the price! I've been using this everyday for just over a year, and there's still nearly half of it left! (i usually only touch up twice a day or so, so if you use it more frequently than I do, it'll probably last you a year)

PACKAGE
The packaging is chanel's classic, black square case with the white logo on the lid. The logo doesn't get scratched off because it's kind of embedded into the case. There's a PIC in my gallery. The mirror is big enough to see your face well. It makes you feel elegant and gorgeous when you pull it out of your handbag for touchups.

I hope this helped~:D

EDIT: I went through my first one and repurchased at the end of last year. Only, i paid almost 100 AUD so i guess i really splurged on it, but i think it was well worth it. I tried the EL aeromatte powder which gives more coverage, but i find this one's much more natural. I am loving it! EDIT: i'ved used this over a year everyday(although i don't touch up too frequently) and i still have half of it left!

(Minor) Correction: this is 15grams not 15 OUNCES yes I'm sure a pound of powder would go far for me lol. There is what, 454 grams in a pound (don't quote me on that 1)? I just adore this powder. It is the most mattifying powder I have come across. This, MAC studio fix, & MAC blot powder are my fave powders. Seems like I use up powders quickly which sux coz powders are so much $$ so expensive for a good quality 1. I don't like any of the drugstore powders out there. I got myself 20 Beige for xmas it's a perfect match (& an NC20 MAC studiofix compact) so I'm set for powders for now. If you want a good powder check out Chanel & MAC. Beige 20 in Chanel is an NC20 in MAC. The best powders for oily skin are Chanel/MAC. The Cadillac no better powders I've tried! And I'm a major resident greaseball.

First up, isn't the packaging gorgeous? Sorry, couldn't resist putting it out there first! :)

The product inside is as lovely as the packaging itself, i picked this up at duty free in haste as I just realized I had forgotten to pack a setting powder just before heading back to see my grandma - one needs to look good for grandmas!

It certainly isn't the most amazing mattifying setting powder - it only keeps the oilies at bay for around 4 hours - a standard product in my books as I have yet to find that one product that keeps me looking shine-free all day.

However, it does give more than regular setting powders. It has more dimension that the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - this one does keep me looking matte and sometimes a tad flat if I overdo my powder, something I do quite often, unfortunately. Im that crazy powder lady.

It is very finely milled, so finely milled that it is practically undetectable on the skin upon application. It sets my makeup well, doesn't leave me looking ghostly despite me layering it on - crazy powder lady at it again - and just makes me look good.

I rarely repurchase powders as they last quite a while and I love trying out new stuff, but this is something I will repurchase over and over because it just works beautifully.

on 5/22/2011 10:11:00 PM

This is not to conceal anything.

It is a setting powder! To finish your makeup and make sure it does't move!

The shade is probably to add a glow or even color.

It just went on and made me proud of my purchase!

It took away the dewy look my foundation gives and gave me the matte look immediately.

Matte. Clean. Don't have to use that much.

If you are looking for a natural matte look.

Make this purchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for years and had been satisfied up until recently. For some reason, I have the lightest translucent but it becomes mask-like on me and is sitting more and more in my pores and creates a mask of lines all over the place. Some would say that I am getting older, but without makeup my skin is smooth and when I use Dior or Guerlain, my skin is pretty, so it must be the product. The colour is a little too dark for me now, even in the lightest shade, and I am very unhappy with the result now. I don't know if the formula was changed - I bought two about a year apart and I am having trouble with both of them! So, I am afraid that Chanel has finally almost completely lost me after being a long-time customer (over 20 years). I am very happy with Dior and with Guerlain's pressed powders - they give me the light and luminescence I am searching for without turning into a strange mask. I still give it a 4 because I was very happy with this product for a long, long time, so the mark needs to reflect that, but I wouldn't repurchase again anymore. boo hoo

on 10/9/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I own the compact and the loose version of this powder.I don't use it that often on me,mostly on my clients(I m a make up artist).The reason that I don't use this powder too often on me is because it doesn't control oil production at all and doesn't defeat shine through the day well enough.I have oily acne-prone skin and I prefer powders that are oil free and they control shine and oil production through out the day.The packaging is great very elegant and classy.The compact comes with a mirror and a powder puff.For me the powder puff is hideous.Looks very cheep and doesn't perform well enough.And I m very impressed because much cheaper brands offer much more qualitative puffs in their compacts.So I don't use the puff with this powder but a large powder brush.On the other hand loose powder's packaging it's quite big and very difficult to carry.The powder now works fantastic on normal and slightly dry skins.The compact version is slightly more matte than the loose version,the loose version is more silky and satiny.They both have super fine textures feels like nothing on the skin,offers super natural finish without that ugly too much powder look.Doesn't set into pores or lines and for me works best to set my foundation on my eye area without emphasize the fine lines.I think this powder is very similar with the aero-matte powder from estte lauder but this one I think is much more fine textured than estee lauder's.The texture is very light,soft and pleasant to the touch.

on 5/7/2018 3:12:00 PM

This is the best pressed powder I have ever used. Worth every penny, and I don't think it is actually that much more expensive than some of the more mainstream department store brands.

I have never worn foundation, but like to finish with a few brushstrokes of something after moisturizing. I have tried so many brands over the years, but I will never look back! This sets my skin but is not excessively matte. The translucent colour is perfect -- no oxidizing, no dullness, no white cast.

Anyway... if you're researching powders, save yourself the work and buy this one!

on 12/30/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would give this 3.5 lippies. This is definitely a finishing powder and not a foundation powder because it has only light coverage. This does not have buidable coverage because when you apply too much, it makes skin appear dry and cakey. It does feel very light like others have said.

I have this in 110 Beige Claire which has a very light shimmer that imparts a very natural glow. The shade is equivalent to NC 25 which is a tad light for my NC 30-35 skin. It is good for those with yellow undertones.

When applied with a light hand (I use my ecotools kabuki brush) this gives a soft airbrushed finish to my skin. However, like others have said, you still need concealer unless you have flawless skin because it does not even skin tone well. I have mixed thoughts about this product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It is nice for the days when I don't want to wear too much makeup but it is basically useless for daily use. I would say this has average lasting power, definitely better than Bare Minerals for example. However, this is not recommended for sensitive skin. If I wear this for consecutive days, it makes my skin break out.

This is probably better suited for normal/combination skin types with clear complexions, and those who are not sensitive to most powders.