Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte

Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte
Poudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle CompactePoudre Universelle Compacte

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glyceries, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Isopropyl Lanolate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [ /- (May Contain) CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

I really like this pressed powder for touch ups. It's a really fine milled powder, even more fine than MAC powders. When you apply it, you don't see it at all, it will just mattify the face and add a touch of luminosity. It's very natural looking. It really helps my foundation last a little longer. I don't use this to set my foundation however, I use MAC careblend pressed powder in light for the initial set. I will then use Chanel for touch ups.

I use number 30 which is perfect but number 20 also works although 20 is a fraction too light. I am NC 20 in MAC foundations. It costs $88 AUD for 15g which is grossly expensive but it's worth it. And since i only use it for touch ups, i won't go through it as quickly as my MAC careblend powder.

on 3/17/2016 7:24:00 AM

I really wanted/expected to love this , however have been slightly disappointed , I found the powder to feel kind of dry and chalky and although it seemed fine milled and sheer if too much was applied it did look chalky , I also found the shade natural 30 although matched my usual powders quite well on my skin after a while it left a patchy orange tint and only in certain places as though it has oxidised , I didn't have any dry patches so it baffled me slightly -found the Mac select sheer powder and Younique mineral pressed powder to be much better they are both much more silky in texture and blend into the skin much better so they are not visible but skin is flawless and matte this one seemed heavier and sat on top of my foundation not really doing much other than giving me an orange tint -it's possibly I may have been better suited to a lighter shade and it may be ok in the summer when I have more of a tan -I'm also yet to try it with a powder brush I've only used the applicator it came with which is pretty rubbish so my opinion may change

To Read all 183 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2016 7:35:00 AM

Chanel never fails to impress, this powder is another HG product for me! It works beautifully as a setting powder, or can be worn by itself on lazy makeup days/ hot summer days when you can't be bothered with applying a liquid foundation underneath. Didn't use the sponge applicator it came with, but applied using a Real Techniques buffing brush.

First up, isn't the packaging gorgeous? Sorry, couldn't resist putting it out there first! :)

The product inside is as lovely as the packaging itself, i picked this up at duty free in haste as I just realized I had forgotten to pack a setting powder just before heading back to see my grandma - one needs to look good for grandmas!

It certainly isn't the most amazing mattifying setting powder - it only keeps the oilies at bay for around 4 hours - a standard product in my books as I have yet to find that one product that keeps me looking shine-free all day.

However, it does give more than regular setting powders. It has more dimension that the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - this one does keep me looking matte and sometimes a tad flat if I overdo my powder, something I do quite often, unfortunately. Im that crazy powder lady.

It is very finely milled, so finely milled that it is practically undetectable on the skin upon application. It sets my makeup well, doesn't leave me looking ghostly despite me layering it on - crazy powder lady at it again - and just makes me look good.

I rarely repurchase powders as they last quite a while and I love trying out new stuff, but this is something I will repurchase over and over because it just works beautifully.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder to replace my much beloved Clinique Compact powder. The Clinique one got discontinued and I wanted to try something new anyway. So I ran over to the Chanel counter, since I always wanted to try their powders.

I knew I had a winner in my hands, since I had read a lot of reviews on the chanel poudre universelle (loose). However, I like a compact powder better so I went with the compact size.
The powder is extremely fine milled, so you can hardly detect that you're wearing any powder. Also, it lasts all day, doesn't cling to dry patches (I have very dry skin on my cheeks), doesn't make my makeup cakey either. And what I love the most: it doesn't leave my skin completely matte. It leaves a beautiful radiant glow to my skin, which I like - since I have dry skin myself I like anything that can give me a nice, subtle glowy/dewy finish.

Ofcourse the packaging is also very sturdy and luxurious, with a good sized mirror inside. Big hooray for the mirror.

Although it's a pricey product I do feel it's worth the splurge. 15oz goes a looong way.

Actually, I though my Clinique Compacte powder was excellent. But now that I got my hands on chanel's poudre universelle, i'm smitten. Chanel. I'm in love, and I'll keep repurchasing!

on 11/30/2014 9:02:00 PM

Bought this to replace my Estee Lauder lucidity translucent compact powder (which i love and have finish using but have yet to review!) as i wanted to try something else.

I have this in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2, and i used the EL one in 01 Light. I've also reviewed the Maybelline dream matte pressed powder a while ago - now discontinued :(.

The Chanel pressed powder is very finely milled and has a light pleasant scent (compared to EL - heavy scented), and i use this mainly to set my tinted moisturizer. It has only very light coverage, but enough to give my face a radiant finish. Not too matte, and does not tend to cake (unless the tinted moisturizer underneath is applied too thick).

I apply it with my SC Real Techniques' brush and it works well for me. I've discarded the puff which it originally came with as i didn't find it very useful at all.

Lasts almost all day, but my t-zone does stand out at the end of the day because i rarely reapply/touch up my face powder.

In terms of packaging - the Chanel one feels luxurious, has a good sized mirror, plus it contains more powder (15g) even though it is smaller in size compared to the EL one (11.4g).

Really happy using it, and will likely repurchase :)

on 8/11/2014 12:55:00 AM

I really love this powder! It's really light and you don't even feel it on your skin. I can't speak for people with dry skin, but I have acne prone skin, so i tend to wear heavier foundation and concealer and this powder seamlessly ties everything in together and sets it. I would definitely purchase this again. I would say that I probably only get about 8 hours worth of wear out of the powder, so if I'm going out afterwork, I will have to touch it up. The only downside is that there are only about four shades. I have light-medium skin tone, so I wear 30-Naturel. But it may not be much of an issue because it's fairly translucent. I would recommend using a lighter hand than heavier hand with this, as if you put on too much, as your face gets oily during the day, it will start to move and "pool" in areas, like around your nose. This powder is pretty good at keeping the oil at bay for about 4 hours, then I have to start to blot around my t-zone. This compact does come with a little powder puff sponge thing, but I find it cheap and useless...I just keep it in the compact to protect the mirror from the powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Wow
I bought it to apply on my t zone over foundation. This is really translucent and finely milled, this is not to give you coverage. It mattified my skin perfectly. Even close up you could not see the powder - and I used A LOT.
Not only that, now (in summer) it stays put all day and my makeup actually looked better when I woke up than when I put it on when I accidentally slept with it on! Perfect!

on 6/10/2014 2:42:00 PM

This product has literally changed my life. I got it as a gift from my dad, in shade 507 Rose Blossom. Although it looks pinky/ salmony colour, it is actually very transfluent with shimmers. It makes my skin very matt, and lasts all day. Great packaging, in love with all chanel make up. The product lasts for ages - I use it every day, since January and i still have 1/3 of the product left. It is very expensive but it is definately worth it.

on 6/4/2014 1:15:00 AM

Iv'e been alternating this chanel powder with my powder stash for 18 months, so feel I have given it a good go. It does have a nice consistency in that it does not leave you looking chalky and powdery looking, however on my normal/combo skin I still need to touch up once during the day and again if I'm going out at night with the same make-up on.

I have found for me the best way to apply this and get the longest results from it are with a smaller or denser brush - current favs being RT Contour Brush and RT Expert Face Brush to really buff it in for the really smooth look this powder is capable of achieving.

On my NC15 skin 20 Clair is a perfect match - even though this powder is not translucent, more a slight creamy colour it does not add colour to your skin.

I won't repurchase because of the price, I think for less money or the same money there are nicer powders out there.