Clinique Continuous Coverage

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clinique Continuous Coverage

3.8

Active ingredient: titanium dioxide. Ingredients: water purified, titanium dioxide, mineral oil, talc, propylene glycol, tea-isostearate, isostearic acid, glyceryl sterate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl lanolate, micro-crystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, algin, magnesium aluminum silicate, tea-stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I for one, love this stuff but it's definitely made for normal to dry skin types, especially dry skin types. Oily gals should stay far away, as it will probably slide right off and I can't imagine it would ever set or last on anything but dry skin. My skin gets especially dry this time of year, sometimes tight and flaky as well, so I need a very moisturizing foundation because my face just eats moisturizer like it's not even there. I've tried many that claim to be moisturizing, including BBs, but none fit my needs this well. Coverage is excellent; definitely full so blending well is a must. I apply with fingers (the squeeze tube packaging is great as well - easy to use, sanitary, travels well and you get a good amount for the price). I dot it down the center of my face and I blend out with a sponge to avoid streaks. It takes a few minutes to sink in so you have time to blend. I imagine you could sheer it out more by mixing with a moisturizer before applying or even with a liquid lluminizer for some added glow if you like, but I haven't tried that yet.

It does have minimal SPF (15, although I would prefer 30 it will do) but the shade selection leaves much to be desired so I have to knock it down a notch for that, and is nearly impossible to tell online. I first tried Creamy Glow thinking it would be warm-toned, but it was VERY pink (I can't imagine anyone's skin actually being that pink but whatever), so I exchanged it for Ivory Glow which is warmer and works well on my NC20/light skin tone with warm undertones. I do need to apply a light dusting of finishing powder over this, or it doesn't feel like it 'sets' or dries properly and I worry about it transferring if I don't use at least a little powder. Once I do, pores are minimized and I get a natural matte finish without the heavy look or feel most full-coverage foundations have. No oxidation, no breakouts, irritation or any other problems as far as that goes. A little goes a long way and could be easy to overdo if you squeeze out too much. I use about a dime sized dollop (if that much) which is just about right. Works well over a primer or by itself, but does seem to last longer and apply more smoothly over a primer; currently Revlon's PR primer seems the best for me with this- it's not as silicone-y as others, so there isn't too much 'slip' which allows this stuff to go on nicely without sliding around and stays put. No flakies in sight, and doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. Also works well as an under eye concealer for the same reasons, although I really prefer it as a foundation. My blush goes on smoothly and lasts quite well over this, and it just plain looks good when all is said and done. I would definitely repurchase as my fall/winter foundation, especially because I haven't found anything else close to this particular formula, especially in the drugstore, so if you're dry and struggle with finding the right foundation perhaps give this a try despite some of the negative reviews. It's definitely not a one-size-fits-all kind of foundation but with so many out there meant for oil control, it's hard to find one that isn't nowadays so I'm quite happy with this.

on 7/22/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer is very pigmented and thick. It was too dry for my under-eye area. I bought this in the shade creamy glow, but will be returning it.

on 5/9/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros: Price is right, a little bit goes a long way.
It cover everything

Cons: Doesn't keep it's promises for me, accentued my pores and lines even with the best primer.
Texture is thick and limit oily. This will NOT work for oily skins!!!
didn't last on my face (and I have a rather dry skin).
It returned it and exchanged for Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage (pricier but keeps his promises).

on 2/22/2010 11:07:00 AM

this makeup is the best especailly if you have ance prone skin. this makeup gives you a moderate to full coverage that you dont need to where concealer it makes you look very natural unlike mac makeup which is very heavy.

This product is probably one of the best foundations.
I bought this because i needed heavier overage because of those nasty acne scars that take ages to disappear.
When i put this on, it covers pretty much everything.Scars, uneven skintone and redness. It definitetly lives up to its name. It doesn't make me break out at all, and I have acne-prone skin.
I'm not sure about the feeling after though. Although it doesn't exactly feel heavy on my face or anything, when I touch my face it feels sticky and slimy, even if you put powder over it.
It also isn't waterproof, which is a downfall. I went clubbing wearing this and by the end of the night, i had patches of wear it had come off. Another con is that it has a shiny finish, and it comes off on your clothes, or maybe that's just me.
For a foundation to have an SPF of 11 is pretty good, but I also wear Clinique's City Block Sheer sunscreen underneath it. It can be used as a primer and has an SPF of 25.
This foundation can be pretty thick though, the lady at the counter suggested that I mix it with a bit of a moisturiser before application to avoid any tugging. All you need is just 1/3 of the mixture to be moisuturiser and it blends like a dream. :-)
Because it's not waterproof it does come off in humid conditions. I was applying this on a hot day and was sweating just a little on my face. While applying it, it came right off on those areas.
So the bottom line: Clinique Continuous Coverage offers amazing coverage, it could possibly be the best foundation out there if it was waterproof and had a matte finish. Hopefully Clinique will improve this product in the future.
Goodluck guys! :-)

on 3/29/2009 1:44:00 AM

I got this in a swap, just wanted to try out the color. Oh! It is my HG now. This concealer matches my skin perfectly. I'm a NC30 in MAC and using the CREAMY GLOW. I have lots of blemishes due to acne and this concealer covers the redness very well. The consistency is creamy. Overall this product is great for covering imperfections.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer/foundation is very thick, not easy to blend but covers quite well. A small amout goes a long way. Do not use too much at a time because it'll just look like being painted on your face. The choices of colours are limited, so unless it matches your face perfectly, do not use it as a foundation alone! I normally wear a very thin layer to cover my scars and redness, then use a thin layer of light foundation on top, the result is rather good.
UPDATE: my skin is also acne-prone, so far, the concealer has not caused me any breakouts.

on 7/17/2006 10:06:00 AM

I love this product I have very bad acne scarring and was tired of wearing so much conceal to hide it all.So I went to the mall asked her what color she recommended and when I applied it the next day I used a small amount and lasted all day!.Oh and I got it in Ivory Glow.

on 3/25/2006 10:13:00 PM

not a perfect concealer, but again, a lot better than some i've tried before. since it had been sitting around (for a while) i guess it seperated in the tube, so i had to shake it up before using. it is quite thick, and a little bit goes a long way. i had no problem blending it in; i used this product along with my bare minerals; it caked a little bit, but definetely did a better job at covering my blemishes than the bare minerals bisque i own. to add to that, it lasted all day without ending up a greasy mess like other concealers i've used before, so until i found something better, this will be my HG.

on 1/11/2006 4:52:00 AM

I've had this tube for about 3 years now and I'm barely 1/2 way through it. This product comes in a large plastic tube and is a very thick cream that is highly pigmented to be used for concealing imperfections, which leads me to believe that some of the reviews here are for a different product entirely.

This works wonders on my heriditary dark circles and any discoloration anywhere else. The color selection is limited but I was VERY surprised that the 08 Creamy Glow (which looks ORANGE) is a perfect match for my LLL skin (MAC NC20, NARS Deauville) and blended in seamlessly. I've never experienced any creasing, caking or slipping that I have with other concealers and would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for 'Continuous Coverage' of hard to conceal imperfections. You can't beat the price (about $16 for a huge amount of product) I would definitely repurchase!