CLINIQUE Continuous Coverage

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CLINIQUE Continuous Coverage

3.4

Active ingredient: titanium dioxide. Ingredients: water purified, titanium dioxide, mineral oil, talc, propylene glycol, tea-isostearate, isostearic acid, glyceryl sterate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl lanolate, micro-crystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, algin, magnesium aluminum silicate, tea-stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is Clinique’s version of “camouflage” makeup designed to cover scars, birthmarks, skin discolorations and other skin imperfections. I’ve used this for years, mainly as a concealer and on occasion as a foundation. A little goes a long way so a tube lasts me a few years. I usually toss it around the 2 year mark more so for hygiene, I’ve never had a tube separate or go bad. I am on what I guesstimate to be my 5th or 6th tube so it’s a definite repurchse for me, especially since at the time of my review it sells for $26 USD for a 1 oz. tube, reasonable in my book.
My typical method of use is to squeeze out a a dab on my ring finger, transferring it equally between both ring fingers, putting a few dabs around eyes and nose, tapping it in well around my eyes, and then sheering out whatever is left in the center of my face. It sheers out very well as it doesn’t immediately set up, I find the more moisturizer I’ve applied on my dry skin the easier and better it spreads.
Both colors creamy glow and ivory glow have worked for me over the years as my skin tone is fair to light and neutral, but since my skin tone leans slightly cooler as I age the ivory matches better. I highly recommend trying this before purchase if you plan to use it as a full coverage makeup or concealer because the limited 4 shades may not work for you.
Last fall I couldn’t find this so I got some Estée Lauder doublewear maximum coverage in shade 1N3 creamy vanilla (the lightest they offered at the time) and although the Estée is similar in coverage, it is a drier thinner formula, sets up much faster and doesn’t budge a bit when set. Clinique recommends the continuous coverage for their skin types of 1 & 2 so it may not work for oily skin types. Despite still having an almost full tube of Estée I decided to get some Clinique because the Estée has fragrance in it and also shade 1N3 is warm/yellow, the more sun I get the pinker my complexion gets and the yellow undertone of the 1N3 looks off.
Neither Sephora nor Ulta sells this so anyone wishing to try it would either meed to play “mail order roulette” or find their way to a Clinique Counter to swatch or obtain a sample.

on 9/21/2014 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This foundation has been on my wish list for quite awhile. Finally received it in my last Sephora order. Always like a full coverage foundation on hand. I ordered the 07 Ivory Glow. (I'm a Mac NC20.) This shade is the second lightest shade which is a tad dark, but I was afraid the lightest shade would be too pink. The shade is very neutral though, which is what I prefer. Still, the small number of shades is a definite drawback. Wore this the last two days. Has a fairly thick consistency but doesn't seem overly greasy to me. Spread fairly easily with a primer. As soon as i saw how really full coverage this was I used it more like a concealer, mostly in the center of my face where I have the most redness. Then smoothed another foundation over it. Wow. Beautiful. Didn't notice the finish being overly dewy and it stayed put though out the day. I did use a setting powder. Very happy I finally bought this. Price was $24 but since you need so little I'm expecting this tube to last quite awhile. My hunt for a really full coverage foundation is over.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm so upset I can't find my receipt for this. =(

Pros-
- I like the tube

Cons -
- Palest color is too dark
- Kinda like trying to slather cement on your face, it doesn't glide
- It doesn't cover better than my MAC Studio Fix
- After about 5 hours, I'm an oily mess....and let me tell you. Thick makeup on top of oily skin....it looks so gross. My face looks wet!
- It makes my pores and acne scars look GIANT! Like REALLY GIANT and NOTICEABLE!

I honestly wish I could take this back, it's everything I don't want in a foundation. =( I'm going to try and make it work but this stuff...YUCK! I don't know how this stuff is still around, I've tried drugstore products better than this stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I for one, love this stuff but it's definitely made for normal to dry skin types, especially dry skin types. Oily gals should stay far away, as it will probably slide right off and I can't imagine it would ever set or last on anything but dry skin. My skin gets especially dry this time of year, sometimes tight and flaky as well, so I need a very moisturizing foundation because my face just eats moisturizer like it's not even there. I've tried many that claim to be moisturizing, including BBs, but none fit my needs this well. Coverage is excellent; definitely full so blending well is a must. I apply with fingers (the squeeze tube packaging is great as well - easy to use, sanitary, travels well and you get a good amount for the price). I dot it down the center of my face and I blend out with a sponge to avoid streaks. It takes a few minutes to sink in so you have time to blend. I imagine you could sheer it out more by mixing with a moisturizer before applying or even with a liquid lluminizer for some added glow if you like, but I haven't tried that yet.

It does have minimal SPF (15, although I would prefer 30 it will do) but the shade selection leaves much to be desired so I have to knock it down a notch for that, and is nearly impossible to tell online. I first tried Creamy Glow thinking it would be warm-toned, but it was VERY pink (I can't imagine anyone's skin actually being that pink but whatever), so I exchanged it for Ivory Glow which is warmer and works well on my NC20/light skin tone with warm undertones. I do need to apply a light dusting of finishing powder over this, or it doesn't feel like it 'sets' or dries properly and I worry about it transferring if I don't use at least a little powder. Once I do, pores are minimized and I get a natural matte finish without the heavy look or feel most full-coverage foundations have. No oxidation, no breakouts, irritation or any other problems as far as that goes. A little goes a long way and could be easy to overdo if you squeeze out too much. I use about a dime sized dollop (if that much) which is just about right. Works well over a primer or by itself, but does seem to last longer and apply more smoothly over a primer; currently Revlon's PR primer seems the best for me with this- it's not as silicone-y as others, so there isn't too much 'slip' which allows this stuff to go on nicely without sliding around and stays put. No flakies in sight, and doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. Also works well as an under eye concealer for the same reasons, although I really prefer it as a foundation. My blush goes on smoothly and lasts quite well over this, and it just plain looks good when all is said and done. I would definitely repurchase as my fall/winter foundation, especially because I haven't found anything else close to this particular formula, especially in the drugstore, so if you're dry and struggle with finding the right foundation perhaps give this a try despite some of the negative reviews. It's definitely not a one-size-fits-all kind of foundation but with so many out there meant for oil control, it's hard to find one that isn't nowadays so I'm quite happy with this.

on 11/10/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I started out using this product as a concealer for large discolorations on my face. It works very well for that. Then one day I ran out of foundation and in desperation, used it all over my face. Now, I am regularly using it as a foundation. When used as a foundation, it is essential to use a primer with this, or it "drags" on the skin and emphasizes your pores. With a primer, however, it goes on smoothly. I apply it with my fingers and use as little as possible. It doesn't feel heavy to me, is very long lasting and covers well.The finish is duller than I prefer in a foundation - I usually like a more satin or glowy finish. The big flaw with this product is the very limited color range. Currently, I'm using this as foundation because I ran out of my normal one and haven't had time to go to the store to get matched for a "winter" shade. It doesn't quite match me and I'm "making do" by bronzering over it, etc. I don't think I'd purchase this again as a full-face foundation, but I do like it for concealer. And if you are fortunate to find that one of the few shades matches you, this could be a great foundation for you.

on 7/2/2010 2:32:00 AM

This product is OK, nothing more. It didn't cover my scars that well, which it says it will. The foundation is thick and not that easy to blend onto the skin. It also feels quite heavy on my skin. It didn't break me out, but I won't use this foundation alot.

If you want to buy this because you have acne scars or other scars, don't. It won't help.

on 3/14/2010 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

im only giveing this 3 lippys...........i love the coverage i found it really easy to blend but it gives me spots, im guessing its because the makeup is so thick that it blocks my pores, it says on the tube that you can wear this all over the face but i would only use it on problem areas, btw this product is no good for people with oily skin..........it makes my t-zone super oily!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is wonderful, it you can find a color match. If you don't like full coverage foundations/concealer, don't buy it. It is thick stuff, and it takes some time to get used to it but it works wonders.

It does blend in well, but you really need to warm the tube up in your hands before applying to get it to blend more sheerly. By doing this, it really doesn't take very much at all, and the result in a flawless complexion.

It can be used as a concealer, or an all over foundation depending on your skin type/needs.

Unfortunately, the color selection is horrible. (Only 4 colors) (creamy glow, ivory glow, natural honey glow & porcelain glow)

creamy glow (the lightest shade) is described as being 'very fair' but isn't nearly light enough for my ppp complexion. It's probably about 5 shades too dark than my skintone!

When I'm VERY tan, it will be doable, although still a little too yellow based... so I gave up on it for the color selection only... but if you can find a color match and need a really heavy duty coverage makeup, this is it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is an unsung hero in my book. Best concealer I have been recommended for covering the entire undereye area. Extremely easy to apply, little needed, two colors for total flawlessness. I am fair and use 01 very fair, a perfect match. Don't be turned off by the darker color, it blends perfect. I put this lightly over my ColorStay in the lighter color and then the darker and it blends right in.

My new HG!

Update: My eyes have been watering and bloodshot. Stopped using this stuff and problem is gone. =(

on 9/6/2001 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If I had the money I'd buy this but let me tell you that if you're using this, you're wasting your money b/c I've found it to be exactly the same as Cover Girl's invisible concealer which provides near perfect coverage!