CLINIQUE Continuous Coverage

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CLINIQUE Continuous Coverage

4.2

Active ingredient: titanium dioxide. Ingredients: water purified, titanium dioxide, mineral oil, talc, propylene glycol, tea-isostearate, isostearic acid, glyceryl sterate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl lanolate, micro-crystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, algin, magnesium aluminum silicate, tea-stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines

on 11/7/2010 1:27:00 PM

I'm a long time Clinique user. I love it. I've had acne prone (to say the least) skin since around age 12. That's around the time I was introduced to Clinique. I rarely ever use anything else. Especially when it comes to foundation. I just recently started using continuous coverage. I find it hard to find a product that will cover the redness and scaring that I have. This product cannot be beat in my book as far as coverage goes. Yes, it is a very thick product and one of my friends was actually shocked at the thickness of this makeup when she saw me applying it. However, that's not a problem for me. It stays on great and does NOT come off until I'm ready for it to. As I've mentioned before, I have acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate it at all as some thicker foundations can. Overall, if you don't mind a thick foundation and want great coverage- this product is it!

on 9/11/2010 6:01:00 PM

I have been wearing this product for around 4 months now, and personally think it is really good eventhough i feel it does have downsides, firstly i think it is great coverage, i bought this foundation to help cover my frekles and have a more clear complextion, this foundation definatley fills this need, although i found even the lightest colour to dark, another negative point about this product is i personally have found that it makes my face itch, i have a close friend who uses this as well and she also feels it makes her face itch, other negative things about this product include things like, rubbing off easy, not drying fast enough to be able to apply powder and so when you do it goes all cakey. Over all i do feel this product does what it says being full coverage foundation although there are a few negative sides to this product i would buy it again.

on 4/18/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this to cover a sun spot on my face,bought it in the lightest color which is called creamy glow.I put it under my foundation and let it dry then apply foundation and then it gives you better coverage.Plus if the color is a tad too dark then you really cant see it.I love this as a concealer,couldnt be without it.
UPDATE: May 2/2011- Went to clinique for bonus time and they told me this product is being discontinued. I am freaking out as I am allergic to so much stuff that this was 1 thing I could use and not be allergic to,whats out there that has good coverage...no fragrance,shea butter, sunflower, Vit.E ?? Any suggestions?? I found some at The bay and stalked up for now,but am very dissapointed its discontinued.I cant live without this product. Hard to find any light shades left.

This product is probably one of the best foundations.
I bought this because i needed heavier overage because of those nasty acne scars that take ages to disappear.
When i put this on, it covers pretty much everything.Scars, uneven skintone and redness. It definitetly lives up to its name. It doesn't make me break out at all, and I have acne-prone skin.
I'm not sure about the feeling after though. Although it doesn't exactly feel heavy on my face or anything, when I touch my face it feels sticky and slimy, even if you put powder over it.
It also isn't waterproof, which is a downfall. I went clubbing wearing this and by the end of the night, i had patches of wear it had come off. Another con is that it has a shiny finish, and it comes off on your clothes, or maybe that's just me.
For a foundation to have an SPF of 11 is pretty good, but I also wear Clinique's City Block Sheer sunscreen underneath it. It can be used as a primer and has an SPF of 25.
This foundation can be pretty thick though, the lady at the counter suggested that I mix it with a bit of a moisturiser before application to avoid any tugging. All you need is just 1/3 of the mixture to be moisuturiser and it blends like a dream. :-)
Because it's not waterproof it does come off in humid conditions. I was applying this on a hot day and was sweating just a little on my face. While applying it, it came right off on those areas.
So the bottom line: Clinique Continuous Coverage offers amazing coverage, it could possibly be the best foundation out there if it was waterproof and had a matte finish. Hopefully Clinique will improve this product in the future.
Goodluck guys! :-)

on 12/26/2008 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great full-coverage concealer/foundation, but it is not oil free. Very limited variety of shades.