Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo

Baby Shampoo

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

Sigh. This cleans gently but thoroughly, makes my hair super soft and shiny, and doesn't aggravate the seb derm on my scalp, but it irritates the skin everywhere else on my body. From making my face itch and giving me acne to causing a massive, painful flare up of the eczema on my body. I haven't reacted to any product like this before. I would recommend this still, but just look out for any irritation that pops up.

on 3/5/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Baby shampoo has gentle cleansers, which makes it a good choice for my dry and sensitive scalp and slightly dry, color-treated, curly hair. I co-wash, but every month or so I like to shampoo and this is what I use. I dilute the shampoo half and half with distilled water to make it even more gentle for my hair and scalp. It doesn't cause my scalp to itch and it it doesn't pull the curl out of my hair.

Works really well as a shampoo for adults. I am pleased with it. It cleaned my hair without the drying effects. I use this in rotation with my moisturizing shampoo to remove any buildup and it works great. I am also going to start using it for my makeup brushes and beauty blender as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

As others have noted, Johnson's baby shampoo is invaluable if you suffer from blepharitis! Simply apply a very warm, wet washcloth to your eyes, twice each day, and then scrub your lashline with a cotton swab dipped in this amazing shampoo. This treatment cleared me right up within two days, and I plan to use it consistently. If you're dealing with this aggravating issue as well, one bottle will last you forever!

on 11/19/2016 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using this after seeing a girl use it on YouTube to shower in! She said she washed her face with it too. And that was it, I was sold. So I use baby oil to cleanse face & baby shampoo to wash it and use the shampoo to shower in or as bubble bath. Oh and to clean make up brushes. I had an ex boyfriend who use it to wash his hair! Amazing, cheap, won't break you out or irritate you. I can hands down swear I'll never use any other combo to clean my face. Try it, you have nothing to lose x

on 10/16/2016 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

People do NOT waste your money on expensive cleaners for your makeup brushes and sponges - this works like a dream! It is the FASTEST and EASIEST way to remove all traces of makeup from your tools and is super affordable too. I started to find that some of the other cleaners were making the bristles of my brushes start to become brittle which is horrifying when you consider how much of an investment we make in these tools. After reading reviews I decided to give J&J Baby Shampoo a try and am I ever thankful to my fellow reviewers as this has transformed not only my brushes and sponges but decreased the amount of time spent cleaning them. The shampoo is gentle yet effective, and must be somewhat conditioning/hydrating because when I am finished even my hands do not feel dry or dehydrated. One trick I have discovered that speeds up the cleaning routine is to pour a tiny amount of shampoo into the bottom of a bar soap travel container (one that has ridges in it for drying/air circulation), wet the brush, dip into the shampoo and swirl around inside the travel container. The raised ridges help scrub the makeup out of the brush and then it's just a quick rinse and set aside to dry. I rest mine on a microfibre cloth which unlike a regular towel, allows the water to evaporate faster. When cleaning makeup sponges, I simply soak the sponge in water, pour a tiny amount of shampoo on the sponge and massage it in with my fingers. You will see the makeup pull out of the sponge and drop into your sink right before your eyes. Rinse well and voila! I wash my sponges frequently but if you have a lot of buildup, you might need to repeat the shampoo to get it clean. An added bonus is that a large bottle of this shampoo is only a few dollars and lasts a long time. Highly recommend this over any other brush/sponge cleanser. For those in between brush cleanings where you need to quickly use it again I do recommend the It Cosmetics "It's your brush love" spray - just not for a true deep cleaning.

This is so ridiculously effective at deep cleaning makeup brushes. It also doesn't dry out the bristles in natural fiber brushes. I was amazed at how much better this worked than any of my other "real" makeup brush cleaning solutions.

Seeing how the baby shampoo made the caked in makeup literally melt right out of my brushes, and seeing how it's supposedly gentle enough for a baby's eyes, I decided what the heck and tried it as a face wash for removing stubborn eye makeup. Every other proper "makeup removing" face wash I've used has been mediocre at best at removing eye makeup and usually pretty irritating and drying. The baby shampoo was like magic. It took off all of my makeup so easily, and it didn't irritate my skin at all. Left my skin as clean and soft as a baby's butt, pun intended. It smells kinda funky but I'm going to let that slide because it's cheap as sin. I love this stuff!

I use this as an eye makeup remover. I dilute it heavily and apply it gently around my eyes with a cotton pad. It never irritates my eyes and it takes everything off. I was first recommended to use this by my Opthamologist since I had a bad case of blepharitis. I was instructed on using a cotton swab along my lash line using JBS. It cleared it up within a few days and as always there wasn't any stinging my eyes. Great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a lone patch of psoriasis on my scalp, and this shampoo seems to be the only thing that clears it up for the time being. It requires a good conditioner and serum afterward, but I was using those anyway.

I use MAC's brush cleaner on a daily basis, but I occasionally use baby shampoo as a "clarifying shampoo" to make sure my brushes aren't holding onto any residue.

on 6/30/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A friend of mine suggested I try this as a face wash and I was a little taken aback. Yes, we all know how gentle baby products are (I used J&J lotions for years) but still ... a shampoo? On your face? But after reading many reviews on here and elsewhere, I decided why not? I was worried about it drying out and stripping my skin but I haven't experienced that at all. I purchased the J&J Head To Toe Wash, specifically.

I've only been using it for just over a week but started after my face broke out horribly from using TBS Aloe Cleanser. I am thoroughly impressed with how my skin reacted during this transitional period. My break outs from the Aloe cleanser literally calmed down the first day and were less red and inflamed almost immediately and through to the next morning

My skin hasn't suffered a break out since and usually when I introduce something new I get a couple small pimples - and yet, nothing. My skin is very smooth after using this and i've noticed a change in the tone of my complexion. I do use this in conjunction with my clarisonic in the evenings and a small amount in the morning.

I have yet to try it after having worn foundation so I can't atest to how great it would work in that situation but I've used it after wearing some concealer, powder and eye make up and it removed all of that VERY, very well - i used a facial wipe afterwards to see if there was anything left behind and it was clean as a baby's bottom ;)

It's certainly worth a shot to try - even if you don't like it as a face wash, use the rest of it on your body or something. The price for the quantity you get can't be beat.

I will be cleaning my brushes with this this weekend as so many reviewers have said this shampoo is a great brush cleaner. I'll edit to reflect my thoughts.

Edit: I've stopped using this as a face wash. It didn't break me out or anything but i felt like it wasn't doing anything for my skin either after a month of continued and consistent use. It wasn't the best at removing foundation and left a slight film on my face so i decided to go back to black soap as my cleanser. That being said i have used it to clean my brushes and its superb for that.