Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo

Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

on 6/30/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A friend of mine suggested I try this as a face wash and I was a little taken aback. Yes, we all know how gentle baby products are (I used J&J lotions for years) but still ... a shampoo? On your face? But after reading many reviews on here and elsewhere, I decided why not? I was worried about it drying out and stripping my skin but I haven't experienced that at all. I purchased the J&J Head To Toe Wash, specifically.

I've only been using it for just over a week but started after my face broke out horribly from using TBS Aloe Cleanser. I am thoroughly impressed with how my skin reacted during this transitional period. My break outs from the Aloe cleanser literally calmed down the first day and were less red and inflamed almost immediately and through to the next morning

My skin hasn't suffered a break out since and usually when I introduce something new I get a couple small pimples - and yet, nothing. My skin is very smooth after using this and i've noticed a change in the tone of my complexion. I do use this in conjunction with my clarisonic in the evenings and a small amount in the morning.

I have yet to try it after having worn foundation so I can't atest to how great it would work in that situation but I've used it after wearing some concealer, powder and eye make up and it removed all of that VERY, very well - i used a facial wipe afterwards to see if there was anything left behind and it was clean as a baby's bottom ;)

It's certainly worth a shot to try - even if you don't like it as a face wash, use the rest of it on your body or something. The price for the quantity you get can't be beat.

I will be cleaning my brushes with this this weekend as so many reviewers have said this shampoo is a great brush cleaner. I'll edit to reflect my thoughts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Good for anything you want to clean the ever-loving heck out of, moisture retention be damned. Baby, hair, makeup brushes, lingerie, car...this will do the trick.

To Read all 342 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/31/2016 6:53:00 AM

I am pretty sure it has been covered here before, but let me reiterate a few things about this shampoo.

1) It is "gentle" in the sense it won't sting baby's eyes. It is not "gentle" in how it cleans...it was never meant to be "gentle" in that way because

2) It is meant to clean off cradle cap. It is great at loosening and cleaning off that stuff.

3) If you child has sensitive skin or eczema like mine did/do, this is not your friend. It is very drying and as a result irritating to those with dry or sensitive skin. It isn't dangerous, but those dealing with these issues need something more gentle. I think we used Aquaphor Baby wash when the kids were babies and just ended up sticking with Cetaphil.

4) As far as using this as regular shampoo, again, depends on the person's hair. If you have oily, fine hair...this might be a good option. If you have dry, frizzy or colored hair, I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.

5) It makes a very nice makeup brush cleanser too.

So, it is a fine product for what it does and it's purpose (clean off cradle cap, not sting babies eyes). But it is by no means a one stop shop.

on 5/31/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure why it has good rating. It ok shampoo but you can't fully rely on it unless you are 18 years old and have perfect hair. Even for kids, there are better brands that makes better kids shampoo.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So. I've been using baby shampoo as face wash for 3 years.
I sufferd from cystic acne for years before I discovered that it was being cause by the harsh cleansers I was using.
I also use it to clean my makeup brushes.
It smells great and isn't drying.

on 11/23/2015 10:10:00 PM

I have been using this product to wash my hair for over a year now. Other users on this site have mentioned that it does not lather very well, especially when the scalp is oily, and I agree. However, this -IS- a product which is meant to be gentle. I live in a climate which necessitates everyday washing and this shampoo does the job well.

I recommend wetting the hair thoroughly, pouring about a 2.5cm/1-inch-diameter-sized amount for short hair (up to shoulder length) and then concentrating the lather on the roots and letting the run-off from rinsing cleanse the rest of the hair. I find that this leaves me with a clean-feeling scalp with a nice amount of natural oils to finger-comb and distribute through my hair while it dries naturally, such that I never need conditioner. (*OK note that I have rather straight, thick-growing hair so individuals with thin hair might just want to sorta fluff it out instead. Don't agitate your roots*)

I have also found it to be suitable for mixing with baking soda to create a clarifying shampoo (since I style my hair with wax and hairspray quite often). You DO need to follow up with a conditioner or hair oil after this though.

Longer hair might benefit from slightly more shampoo (my sister who has mid-back length hair recommends around 3 cm /1.5 inches.) Alternatively, you might want to shampoo a second time using a smaller amount.

*One lipstick off because c'mon... what's good for me does not always work well for every one else. Peace =)

on 10/22/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use baby shampoo clean makeup brushes as well. I use either the Wal-Mart or Target store brand -- they are identical and much less expensive. Baby shampoo can also be used as an eye makeup remover -- remember, no more tears.

on 10/22/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to wash my makeup brushes and it is amazing! I used to use trader joes hand soap(green bottle) to wash my brushes cause it's all I had and it made my brushes kind of rough & scratchy afterwards. This shampoo makes them feel so soft and they feel softer than when I first purchased them! Definitely recommend this for makeup brushes.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've never used this on my hair, just my makeup brushes and sponges. I could never bring myself to spend money on the MAC brush cleaner so I got this instead. It works better in my opinion and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

on 9/6/2015 3:54:00 PM