Freeman Bare Foot Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have used the Freeman's Bare Foot scrubs for at least 15 years. We always had them around when I was growing up. They were an inexpensive, but good staple product. I hadn't used the scrubs in a while and recently picked up a few. I am really diappointed that the product has changed so signicantly. The old scrubs were very thick, gritty and effective. You did not have to use much product and the results were great. The new scrubs are not as gritty/rough and just don't work that well. There's much less pumice and they are less thick. I won't repurchase.

This is my HG foot scrub, the combination of peppermint & plum is a nice refreshing scent. I usually use it about three times a week and it keeps my feet soft. I love it!

Love this, I use a pedicure (pumice) stone with this on heels and callouses, really feels good and smells great. Follow with the lotion and you have a great pedi. Can't beat the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE THIS STUFF! I've been a devotee for years now! I use the peppermint & plum foot scrub everytime I take a shower. It works great! It really makes a difference in the texture of my feet. And what's really funny is I can't keep it away from my husband! He uses it in the shower as well! So it's definately a good product, especially when a guy wants to use it too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have up always (until this spring) been blessed with soft smooth feet and toes. I bought a pair of boots to wear to my new job at a catering rental supply warehouse (think lots of crate moving, running back and forth and standing 8 hours a day). I wear either thick knit cotton or smart wool socks and my Keen leather boots, and by the end of the day when I take off my shoes- UGH! I really need to wear shoes that breath because when I take the boots off, my feet feel soaked, literally. When I remove my socks they are beyond damp and my feet are slick and disgusting feeling. The skin is very wrinkled and soft like I have been swimming all day. Well, after I shower and dry off, I noticed the skin on my soles has turned to almost a brick like coating and is very tough, hard and dry. :-( No cracking but lots of scaling and peeling. I have used Walgreen's AHA based lotion in the past on my heels if needed, but this looked more, shall we say, serious. I drove to a LDS yesterday looking for this product since I had a sample of the lotion in the past and liked it. The brand new Bartell's did not have ANY foot products there except Dr. Scholls- no thanks. I have a sample of Scholls' lavender smelling foot lotion I got at the NW Women's show last month, and was not too impressed (it does make a good hand creme though!) Then I went to Walgreen's- again, their foot care selection was limited, this time to Sally Hansen's foot care line- I like Sally's line, but um, no. Not what I wanted. I still needed to stop by the old Bartell's as I had a coupon (thanks to the Women's show!) for a free Revon sheer slick lip something, and the first Bartell's I went to was all sold out. Thankfully the older smaller location had tons of colors for my freebie, as well as several foot products- BADA BING!
They had Bare Foot and I got both scrub and lotion, and am I ever glad I did! The scrub is a wonderfully scented mildly thick cream enriched with tons of tiny pumice granules, a invigorating touch of mint and a lovely light plum essence. I used it as soon as I got home last night as I sat on the edge of my tub. I massaged each foot for about four or five minutes, getting every inch and rubbing deeply along the arches where I had noticed the above mentioned flakiness and dryness. My feet tingled and I could feel the effects of the massaging combining with the scent to create relaxation in my legs, back, neck and mind. Sounds corny but its true! I washed each foot, dried them with a warm towel (thank you dryer!) and then went to my room to apply the lotion. I smoothed in on and into the skin, and then slipped on some white cotton ankle socks. Woke up this morning and checked the tootsies- PERFECT! Excellent scent, no dryness, no skin patches, no hard rough areas, and that was just after ONE use! I cannot wait to use it again this morning, and after reading another reviewer's comment on diluting it to make a face scrub- I will definitely try that as I am yet to find facial scrub that I enjoy, not to mention the fact that I rarely use facial scrubs, therefore hate shelling out $$$ for high end products that I will use only a few times a year. I ended up using my Jason apricot scrub on my body and feet-too grainy and I like Bare Foot's scent and texture much better. This is my HG foot care 'system' for me and I hope they never discontinue it!

I agree with most reviews on here for this one. This is a great scrub for the feet and the rest of the body especially in winter months. It smells nice and it is super cheap. What more can a girl ask for?

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I really like what this product does for my face and body, but it really doesn't do much for my feet at all! I was tempted to take away a lippie for the fact that my hands take on a mildly "sour acid" stink for hours after I use this scrub. I really am no fan of the smell, especially not the lingering version. That said, if I use a washcloth to apply it and try to avoid my hands coming in direct contact, that solves my problem and you really can't get a better, more spa-perfect exfoliation for the money than you can with this. $3 or less. You can't beat that!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A staple in my bathroom, this is the scrub I reach for most. I use it everywhere except my face and it makes my skin smooth as can be. It comes in that cute little translucent, foot-shaped tube that let's you see how much of the pretty lavender cream you have left. It's grainy enough to be effective without being harsh, and the light, fresh peppermint and plum scent rinses away with the scrub. This one is just right - reliably effective, thoughtfully packaged, a pleasure to use, and a steal at under $3.

LOVE THIS!!! I almost died when I couldn't find it for a while when they where changing the packaging. I use this not only on my feet but everywhere else! Except my face. It makes my skin glow and feel super soft and after I rince it off and use my other soap it feels so lathery and nice. Have tryed many others and nothing compares!

This is a really good basic foot scrub. Thick grit and works well, but no "pazazz" to it - no fancy smell, way to apply, creaminess, etc. Just a basic scrub that really does the job. I use this often when trying to save money.