Freeman Bare Foot Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this everyday, but it doesn't seem to make a difference for my calluses.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have used the Freeman's Bare Foot scrubs for at least 15 years. We always had them around when I was growing up. They were an inexpensive, but good staple product. I hadn't used the scrubs in a while and recently picked up a few. I am really diappointed that the product has changed so signicantly. The old scrubs were very thick, gritty and effective. You did not have to use much product and the results were great. The new scrubs are not as gritty/rough and just don't work that well. There's much less pumice and they are less thick. I won't repurchase.

The package is colourful and interesting for sure, but the formula is just not thick enough for a product that is sold as a scrub- it just doesn't have enough substance. Even if you intend to use it more like a moisturizer, there are better products available.

I have used the Freemans foot scrubs with pumice for many years and found them very effective at keeping my feet soft and fresh. I raved about these products to anyone who listened and often gave tubes away to friends; they loved this stuff too!

I recently travelled to Johannesburg where I spotted a load of Freeman's products in one of the larger drugstores and promptly bought an armful of Bare Foot tubes to keep me going for a while.

Now, the packaging has changed in colour/design somewhat since my last purchase (that seems to happen a lot with this company) but I never expected the product to change that much! I finished an old tube of Peppermint and Plum last night and started a new one from my recent purchase. The difference was unbelievable! The old one is creamy but very gritty and rough. Only a small amount was needed to work at getting the hard skin off. The new one is all cream and hardly any grit. I felt like I was massaging my feet with a slimy body lotion. It did nothing at all and adding more is hopeless. I now have to think up a way to use these up, perhaps by adding some sugar or salt, and once they are finished I am done with Freeman ... unless they bring the old formula back. Grrrrrrrr :o( One star for pretty packaging and one star for a nice smell!

I gotta say I'm baffled by the 95% repurchase rate for this product! This stuff barely does anything, it does a half ass job of exfoliating my feet. My feet still look ashy and they still have dry spots by the end of the day! I expect the results to last at least two days. I find my home made sugar scrubs are better than this stuff.

I was hopeful that this generously sized 5.3 ounce tube would be an effective replacement for my small tubs of Kerasal pumice foot scrub. I use a tub of Kerasal about every 10 days as I use it every day, and this Freeman product is much cheaper.

Unfortunately, this tube of pumice scrub is just not as good as other pumice scrubs I have used.

Consistency - Freeman foot scrub is thick, but the pumice is sparse. H20 and Kerasal are much more dense.

Fragrance - I used the peppermint and plum formula. It smelled very fruity. I did not like this.

Tube - Dispenses well. I prefer the tube to the Kerasal tub, but Kerasal is probably just too dense with pumice to be in a tube. There is a tremendous difference in pumice count.

Overall, if you are new to foot scrubs, this might be a nice one to try.

If you want fast and predictable results, go with H20 or Kerasal.

With any of these products, consider using a Mr. Pumice purple stone. Apply the scrub, massage it around, then scrub with the Mr. Pumice.

My feet have never been better with the Kerasal and Mr. Pumice.

This is an average-to-good foot scrub. Usually I find most foot scrubs not rough enough for my hardened soles, but this scrub is very exfoliating and has the perfect amount of grittiness. Very good at softening heels. The scent is somewhat off-putting- an artificial plum?

This has a wonderful, invigorating scent that help you feel relaxed and fresh. I am not sure how well it compares to other foot scrubs, but it is worth the purchase just for the scent.
Great when used with the foot lotion too!

A pretty good foot scrub for the price. Right now, I like B&BW and The Body Shop foot scrubs better, but I would buy this again if I needed to. I use this with a pumice stone in the shower or under the bathtub faucet.

This scrub works really well and does help to remove dead skin and makes my feet feel smoother. In fact, it works well enough for my husband to notice a difference without my even having mentioned to him that I did anything. My only complaint is that the pumace that works so well on my feet is harsh on my hands and I can't find a way to use this without getting the pumace all over my hands.