Cargo Bronzer in Medium

Cargo Bronzer in Medium
Bronzer in MediumBronzer in Medium

4.2

Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Squalane, Aluminum Starch, Octenysuccinate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylparaben, Methicone, Mineral Oil. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/30/2017 10:56:00 PM

Cargo doesn't get the hype it deserves...they excel at powder products; blushes, bronzers etc. Their bronzers are buttery, long wearing, and never glittery looking. They tend to run light, and the shade Medium works perfect for me, even though I'm about an nw22-25. I like the metal/tin type packaging, but wish for the price it had a mirror. I buy a lot of TheBalm, Lorac, and Cargo products from Kohl's, so I get a lot of free Kohl's cash which is awesome.. I like that I can walk right in, get great customer service, they have a great return policy, and I don't have to mess with the crowds at the mall, unless I need another brand, but now that Ulta sells MAC I really have no need to go to the mall for cosmetics now, and I like that.

on 4/30/2017 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not crazy about this bronzer... for my skin tone, comes off a bit orangey- so definitely a light hand is needed. The other issue is the sheen- it appears to shimmer more than I need for my age... prob best for younger ladies. Pigment is excellent though and applies like a dream.

on 8/2/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying out the Cargo eyeshadows and blush I was also really excited to try this bronzer. I have in Medium, it is very pigmented and very bendable. This bronzer in the pan look quite shimmery but once it is on the face it has more of a slight golden glow than a shimmer. It last on me all day, and look really nice on my skin tone (about NC20), the bronzer gives a nice kissed by the sun look with a nice flush on my cheeks.

I bought a sample size tin with a sample size cargo blush and brought to my winter caribean vacation

I did not want to bring a heavy make up bag, nor my expensive Hourglass and other products

They worked really nice almost a dupe for my Hourglass, the blusher was pinker than what I normally use but worked lovely for a beach look

Used a small kabuki brush to buff into skin, and also used the bronzer on my lids

I thought it was really nice but hate the packaging. The blusher broke into pieces so I tossed it as I hate a mess

The bronzer is good but I don't like it as much as my (already purchased) hourglass in the lighter of the 2 shades

Cargo needs to consider a repackage, getting the tin open is a pain and the product breaks apart

Overall if you can get one for a good price and are trying to dupe the Hourglass I would say go for it, if you are going to pay full price skip it there are bronzers that are just as good if not better for a much lower (or higher) price on the market

Should mention the tin looks big but it was shallow maybe because it was the smaller sample size?

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wish I had tried this bronzer a long time ago, it is wonderful!!
I am not sure if I have the right shade I am reviewing, mine is the matte one, the lighter one. Mine has really no detectable sparkle, and the medium to me had a good deal of sparkle/shimmer in the pan, and the matte/lighter/no real sparkle one looked much better on me.

First off, this pan is huge!! I know makeup has expiration dates, but I sometimes fudge the expiration dates if I have plenty of product left and it does not smell or look "bad," etc..so I will likely use this for a long time!! Which off-sets the cost. I know there are even pricier bronzers out there, but this was a bit high for me. It is actually a dollar more than what I had been using and loving, Benefit Hoola (which, this to me, is very similar!!) I do not know which product has more, they both have a lot and last a long time!!

I get no irritation or breakouts with this, I detect no scent, it lasts all day. A little goes a long way, so start light, as you can always add more, but it is more difficult to 'take away' too much product. So there again, this product will last forever because a little goes a long way. Blends like a dream. I really like that it has no sparkle or shimmer. No orange, and not too brown.."just right"!!

My only (very trivial) complaint is I am not a fan of the packaging. The tin can be a bit of a pain to open and is not the prettiest. Although I will say the shape and size of the tin makes it great and easy and perfect for swirling a big bronzing brush around upon!! I do think, too, that the packaging is more sturdy, if not the prettiest!!

Yes, I would re-purchase this if I lost it!!! Would also recommend!!!

on 8/1/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a neat, handy bronzer! First off, let me say that I use Retin A, so my face and neck get zero sun. I bought this to use when I go swimming etc so that my face and body will be the same color. At first glance, it looks very orange and overly shimmery in the pan. But, it doesn't apply like that. It applies very golden brown in color and has an illuminating finish. I like the tin packaging as well. As far as application, one tap covers my forehead, one tap covers the top of each cheek, etc. So, it doesn't take much product, but I must warn you that you can easily over-do it with this bronzer! Be sure to blend and buff in well. This really is waterproof as it states-so thrilled about it! Overall, very happy with it, and this will likely become a summer staple for me as it fits all that I need!

on 12/18/2013 8:08:00 PM

Just simply not practical for an everyday bronzer. It does not look natural whatsoever and makes you look like you put glitter on your face. it's shiny and very cheap looking on. it may be nice for going out where you are in a dim lit place and don't mind a little shimmer. but honestly i would not recommend at all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I do like this bronzer, and will probably try to finish it up or end up swapping it before I run out. I can't imagine running out before the apocalypse. It is not as fantastic as NARS Laguna, but it is pretty good on my NC25 skin. If you use a light hand, it is not orange or sparkly. Of course, NOTHING will ever beat L'Oreal HIP bronzer. I put "no" that I would not repurchase, because I would choose Laguna over this.

on 1/10/2013 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

While I love cargo and feel bad giving a bad review, this bronzer wasnt good for me. Too bronze, like a metallic finish. Otherise if you like the color, all else was great.

Update: Weirdly love this when applied with a light hand using a fan brush. I think using too much was giving it a metallic, Tin Man look. I've got it down now and when done right gives the perfect bronzy glow. Paired with Lorac's Flaunt, a cool-toned hot pink blush, I look like I spent the day frolicking in the sun.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am NC45 MAC Prolong Wear for reference.

This did not work as a bronzer for me because of all the medium size shimmer and it's oragney, but I love to layer it over blush. It gives me a healthy glow I just have to be light handed with it. I'm so glad I didn't toss this out when I was cleaning out my stash.