Apt.5 Cosmetics Lip Shine Glosses

No Image

4.4

on 6/8/2014 3:28:00 AM

Love this gloss! Great colors. Not sticky, awesome price.

on 5/23/2005 3:53:00 PM

These glosses are just amazing. I received one in a swap as an extra. Can't remember what the number on it was but it was a beautiful mauvey shade. The texture is fantastic. Not sticky and not watery and it had amazing staying power for a gloss. Will definitely look into getting more of these.

on 4/22/2005 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this today in LG - 6, which looks bright pink in the tube. Definitely looks like a Barbie pink, but on the lips, looks like a subtle baby pink. I'm very warm toned, and this gloss is a great neutral. Love the texture (sticky but not as thick as Revlon Superlustrous glosses), faint vanilla smell, and huge bottle. It's a great design and the price isn't bad either. I would definitely repurchase.

For reference, I'm warm toned medium with black hair brown eyes and semi-pigmented lips.

on 11/30/2004 8:17:00 PM

i have to admit i tried this because of the cute packaging. i think apt. 5 has the best packaging with the acrylics and everything. anyway, i bought this in clear. i'm not really into their shades and i was looking for a clear one for my lazy days. i took off a lippie because it doesn't shine a lot, but it's good enough. it's also moiturizing and stays on pretty long. i'd definitely buy it again. the price doesn't hurt, either ;)

on 1/28/2005 4:08:00 PM

I have this in a shimmery purple shade. It goes on sheer and I tend to go for purple lip glosses, since they work with my asian skin. (like coy in the nuetrogena moistureshine glosses.) This lip gloss was good and the color was bright but not over the top. The only copmlaint I have is with the packaging, which other people have complained about as well, is that the plastic part on the inside comes out with the cap soemtimes. it scares the hell outta me when that happens, but it can be fixed if you screw the cap on really tight and then open it gently again. but who wants to do that?
anyway, i would repurchase and the lip gloss itself is really good (except for the odd taste.. it smells good though, like the sugar kisses lip gloss) so I like it.

on 11/20/2004 9:41:00 AM

Just received my order today. And I am really impressed with the glosses. I ordered one of every color based on the reviews from this board. My favorite one is LG-13. It truly is "my lips but only better "look since I am CCC. They have a nice texture and are a little thick so that they last awhile. I own 4 MAC lipglasses and in my opinion I like the Apt.5 glosses a bit better. Maybe because they give you more product and cost less. I will definitely be repurchasing. The only negative thing that I can say about them is that the packaging is not the best. The rings that strips the wand of excess product seems to come loose a lot. So you want to be extra careful while opening just in case.

on 12/10/2003 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been a big fan of Apt 5 lip glosses for at least the past year or so. I have them in almost every color they offer. I love the price and the fact that Apt 5 offers free shipping with a $25 order - which I think is very generous and reasonable. I love the scent of these lipglosses - a very subtle but nice vanilla. The texture and staying power of these lip glosses is as good as any other brand I have ever tried (and I've tried tons, believe me!). I wouldn't mind if the container was a little smaller for carrying around but gosh we are actually complaining because we are getting too much product for our money! I've never had a problem with the lip gloss coming out of the container and getting all over the place. I would recommend this company and their cosmetics to anybody - and I'm a high end cosmetic brand snob!
Try these lip glosses - you won't regret it.

on 4/5/2004 1:35:00 AM

I bought #6, 7, and 8 today after falling in love with the colors the other day and reading the great reviews on these glosses. The colors I purchased were all cream shades which I prefer. #6 and #7 are both beautiful pinks. #7, if my memory serves me right, is very similar to Bobbi Brown's gloss in Petal. #6 is the paler and more subdued version of #7. #8 is the orange shade I've been searching forever for. The closest I've come so far was Bourjois' #88 Orange Energic. Apt. 5's version, however, is much more pigmented. As someone else had reviewed earlier, this shade doesn't just warm up your lips. It's not orange paint for the lips but it did give my pigmented lips a subtle orange/peach tint. I enjoyed all three of the colors and the texture is very velvety and cushiony (comparable to Chanel Glossimers). These glosses are not tacky but just sticky enough to have some reasonable staying power. Overall, the quality and price of these glosses are quiet unbeatable. Frankly, I don't think I've seen prettier colors in much costlier lines. Good cream colors are quiet rare and I thank the cosmetics god (and MUA) for introducing me to this line.

A SUPER sweet swapper sent me a couple of these as a sort of thank-you, but unfortunately, they're not for me. They are way too bulky for my train case, and it takes a LOT of times in-and-out to get enough product out of the container. These also have a weird taste and leave a funky residue on my lips.. I gave them to my sister and haven't gotten any complaints so maybe its just me??! They're about $6-7, and come in a variety of colors.

on 3/9/2004 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Once again, you have convinced me to try something...I just received my Apt.5 in the mail. I, too, had trouble with ordering: I didn't receive a confirmation for about 10 days. Well, by then I had figured I wasn't getting anything, and had ordered similar products from meetmark.com. So now I have lots of cheaper cosmetics to try! About the gloss--flavor isn't bad, staying power is the same as for most glosses, which is to say awful, but that's ok, and the color looks shocking in the tube but calms down on the lips. If I could walk into Eckerd and buy more, I would. But the color representation online was dreadful, so I won't do that again!