Kiss My Face obsessively organic breakout botanical acne gel

Kiss My Face obsessively organic breakout botanical acne gel

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Leaf Extract),* Mentha Piperita (Peppermint Oil), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel Leaf Extract), Xanthan Gum, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil), Mentha Pepperita (Peppermint Leaf Extract),* Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Extract),* Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf Extract),* Salvia Officinalis (Sage Leaf Extract),* Trifolium Pratense (Red Clover Extract),* Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal Root),* Juniperus Communis (Juniper Fruit Extract),* Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm Extract),* Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile Oil), Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor Oil), Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot Fruit Oil). *Certified by Quality Assurance International

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! I've had acne since I was 12 (I'm now 25) and things just got worse and worse as I got older, due to going on BC, off BC, etc.. I've been on two rounds of Accutane, but I still break out. This gel is simple, effective, and as natural as can be with just the right proportion of ingredients to do it's job without killing your skin or irritating it. It sinks right in after applied, even if you apply too much, which is GREAT for oily skin! It does it's job without me having to be reminded that it's there, so it doesn't affect my makeup or other products that I apply. The scent is cooling and refreshing. What I love most is that it WORKS. I've tried every benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic Acid, medicated prescription acne creams like Retin-A, Tazorac, Differin, Clindamycin, etc., and this one works better than all of them combined. Plus, it calms the redness on my skin after I apply, so I actually need less makeup.

Keep in mind, that it's not a miracle worker...so sometimes when I apply at night, my pimple/s won't be automatically gone, as if they never existed, but it serves to make them go away faster by calming the inflammation and healing the bacteria. So, it serves to give what our bodies are trying to naturally do, a boost. With smaller pimples, it clears them very quickly, so I feel comfortable using this as a spot treatment and as a preventative treatment. Highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've had acne on and off since starting college in 2005. nothing seemed to really change things in a visible or dramatic way. after one use of this i'm absolutely stunned with the results! before going to bed i rubbed a generous amount of this product on my acne, by morning i was stunned. it had nearly disappeared! nothing was red, flakey, irritated, or itchy! i use the result of this KMF potent an pure line (exfoliating wash, jojoba mint scrub, toner, and eye cream) but this is definitely the KEY product if you suffer from acne. a little goes a long way. i suspect a 1 fl oz tube will last at least 6 months to a year. in the last i've used clinique 3 step, proactive, murad acne complex and none of them had results like this. they all left my skin a little dry, or irritated, or itchy, or greasy. try this stuff, worst case scenario you return it!

on 7/15/2010 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this stuff smells really good and i love the tingly feeling on my skin afterwards. i used it for approx a week a few months ago with not much success and put it away in my drawer. i have been super stressed lately and was having a really bad breakout and was trying everything known to man. i reached for this about a week and a half ago and have been using it ever since, 2x a day. i really like it so far and my face has gotten so much better. its not totally clear and i still am having breakouts but it has really decreased them a lot. i am going to keep using it. even thinking about trying the start up face wash too from this line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an okay product-I'm not sure it did anything for me though. The gel did not prevent acne from happening. As a spot treatment, it took some time before the pimple flattened so it might have been just my skin dealing/healing naturally. It's also pricey for such little product so I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/19/2010 2:23:00 PM

I got a sample of this with my purchase of KMF's eyewitness eyecream. I have mild adult acne and in the past, I've kept it under control with prescription drugs. But lately, I've decided to give up on that due to known birth defects those drugs can cause. So I decided to give this KMF sample a try and I think it works pretty well. I've been using it twice a day for the last week now and I've only seen a few very, very tiny pimples on my forehead. For a drugstore brand, I would say that's pretty impressive. The smell isn't a big deal either. The gel itself goes on matte and dries really quickly; a little goes a long way.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

I've been using this for about a year and I am highly impressed with my results. Firstly, I love the peppermint scent and the cooling effect it has as soon as you put it on. I've never experienced any stinging or discomfort despite having very sensitive skin. And most of all: IT WORKS! I use this as a spot treatment daily/nightly and as soon as I feel a breakout coming on. I also use it all over my face any time I feel I've been neglecting my skin or when I just feel like doing some preventative maintenance. My results: If I had to guess, using this in combo with my other skin care products has reduced my acne by about 80%. After having tried everything from home remedies, to dermatologists, to ProActiv, that is definitely saying something.

Downsides: I would be willing to pay more to get more per tube - but there just isn't that option :(

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is an awesome acne gel. I use it every night and then wash it off my face in the morning. It's helped with reducing redness and inflammation from my face. The gel smells great too.

on 8/29/2009 10:24:00 AM

I started using this product 2 days ago to try and clear a bizarre breakout of tiny, angry red zits all over my cheeks and forehead which I believe was caused by using Neutrogena's Healthy Defense. I had been trying salycilic acid on the breakouts, which worked up to a certain extent and then stopped working. In two short days I already see a huge improvement! The breakout has calmed, pimples have disappeared, my skin looks smoother and happier already. This is an amazingly effective formula - I am so glad there is a natural alternative to harsh acne products that is this effective!
It does give skin a very taut feeling when applied, but I wouldn't necessarily call it drying. The peppermint oil feels wonderfully cooling to the skin. The formula is a bit runny - be careful squeezing the tube because a little goes a long way. I've worn this under makeup and under nighttime lotion, and I can't even tell it's there. I am exceedingly pleased with this product!

worked ok, no better than desert essence blemish stick which is much cheaper and dosen't make my mineral makeup look blotchy like this stuff did.

on 3/24/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As soon as I received this, I knew it was going to be good because I saw Juniper extract in the ingredient list. When I was teen, juniper was my little "secret weapon" to keep the break-outs away. I was a little nervous when I first used it because it smells strongly of peppermint, but it's actually pretty gentle on my skin and works just as well, if not better, than any benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or sulfur-based product I've tried.

EDIT 4/16/09: I guess this is too strong for me after all. It's been irritating my skin a bit, so I had to stop using it. =( It's probably still good for those with tougher skin! continued >>